Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally replays

I bought the game on Tuesday and i must say for a early access game it is the best i have ever played,There is only one gripe i have with the game at the moment and that is the replays,In the replays the swit Trackside view,spectator view,Drivebyving me nuts,I know we can change replay views but my favourite view is Trackside view,s Trackside view,Spectator view.For the small bit of the Driveby views like 10% i just skip on to those and dont watch the rest of the replay as i find it boring.We should have a option to view what ever camara we want for the whole rally,We need more  Trackside view,Spectator view,Driveby,What do yous guys think?

Couldnt agree more. If I watch a replay of my driving, Im doing it to get an overview of how I was doing, I cant do that with the camera pointing backwards on top of my car...!
In fact, I feel a bit sea-sick with the rapid camera shifts foreward, backward on top and on side of my car, each lasting about a second or two. Please add a camera-mode so we can specify which camera to view, or even better if possible, let us specify which cameras to use in the replay, then randomly switch between those. I prefer helicopter/drone view or spectator-view for the before-mentioned reasons, I want to see how I was doing and where I was positioned on the track, turn-in etc. 

A replay mode I've wished to be implemented would be to limit the views to any in-world cameras; the spectator, drones, and defaulting to the over-the-shoulder driver/co-driver view. The replay would switch from the on-board cam to any spectator/drone within the vicinity. It would be real cool to see those spectator views when I slide into view then speed past.

Terribly pisses me off to watch the repetitions on Dirt Rally. Who came up with this look on the left handle, right handle, wheel, roof, fender left, right and center? We want to see the car on the track, once it is repetition. This view is 5-10% in reruns. What is that? It's impossible to watch. Hopeless boredom. Transform is necessary. This game promises to be great.

Yep. If anything shows this game up as being built on the last gen engine, it's the replays.

Could't disagree more, it's the same engine, with same lousy FFB system - wheel strength and wheel weight. Lousy, i meant most sims lock turn ratio for each car ingame. While in Dirt, Grid and now Dirt rally one need to pinpoint right ratio for wheel to achieve acceptable results. And Feedback feels completely different on 270, 540 or 900. This system is ridicioulus and annoying and needs to be scraped

Its really bugging me that the replay keeps swapping back to onboard from trackside. I just freaking drove the whole thing looking at it from an on board POV. Why would I want to re watch parts of it from a similar on board point of view. Trackside all the way please. It feel like they watched a lot of WRC where it goes from trackside to onboard because there isnt enough cameras to cover the whole stage obviously. In the game, we shouldnt have that problem. I hate to say it but Richard Burns Rally does replays a lot better than this game at the moment.

Yeah, replays are just nightmare to watch and if I have to pick one function from DiRT which will make the game look 90's, it's the replay function combined for bad looking car models/textures.

Still for me it isn't the most important thing to be fixed. Because if the physics are not good enough for my enjoinment I'm not driving DR at all and therefore not watching replays either. :)

1. Add Rally Tour de Corse to D:R
  2. Add Catalunya Rally to D:R
  3. Add Rally New Zealand to D:R
  4. Add Rally Australia to D:R
  5. Add Rally Manx Ireland to D:R
  6. Add IRC Rally Azores to D:R
  7. Add Moselland stages to Deutschland Rally in D:R
  8. care about Replay 
  9. Add another Rally in the meantime to D:R
  10. finally care about Replay and get all issues worked out ;)

replays for me is close to top of my things to be tweaked . i make videos daily and what we can do and cant due to a couple of camera options would transform replays/video making.

free cam should be in.it would also help sell the game as youtube twitch is basically game marketing now and better capture better videos will help.

silicijeva the ffb is very good i would tweak your settings until you get them as good as possible.

Hello.  That is my first post here.  in view of a helicopter pilot can be heard dictating - perhaps this should not be. In addition you made do in menu enable remote voting button - just as it is with music (F11).

Dider said:
Hello.  That is my first post here.  in view of a helicopter pilot can be heard dictating - perhaps this should not be. In addition mlżecie do in reruns enable remote voting button - just as it is with music (F11).
@Dider this was added to be more immersive like a real rally tv live stage.

@versedi Ok.  But, it will be good to switch the heli camera or spectators view continouslly (is it that word :) ), for whole stage. Oh and the auto switching camera it is good as a addition. 

And developers please add auto save replays. 

The replay's are disgraceful, this and the problems with the user interface prove its the same old crappy engine from previous Dirt games. If I have just driven a stage, I don't want or need to see it again from inside the car, I need track-side TV camera shots blended with a few close heli views to analyse my driving to see where I am going wrong and to correct my mistakes on the next run to improve my times. The replay as it is is nonsense kiddie arcade game stuff, come on Codies you can do better than this.

I have posted some good replay video from RSRBR in other threads on this topic, check it out, its awesome !

Great work, Jordi.

But did you made any tests about profile saving after you installed your mod?
I ask because I used a camera mod during EA phase a few month ago and noticed that modded camera files can be responsible for the famous profile-not-saving bug. E.g. try some RX championchip and save+exit when racing at Hell and see if your progress has been or will be saved in the future. My profile refused to save unless I removed the cam mod of the track that was included in the championchip and replaced it with the original.

Thanks Carlos.
I Don't Know what's up with modded cams and user progress (for me it's more important a good replay :D).
I will try tonight

Thanks a lot. Please do all stages without onboard cam and release them in a pack! ;)

carlosDR said:
Great work, Jordi.

But did you made any tests about profile saving after you installed your mod?
I ask because I used a camera mod during EA phase a few month ago and noticed that modded camera files can be responsible for the famous profile-not-saving bug. E.g. try some RX championchip and save+exit when racing at Hell and see if your progress has been or will be saved in the future. My profile refused to save unless I removed the cam mod of the track that was included in the championchip and replaced it with the original.
Hi Carlos.
I have tried with a custom championship (only one even at Hell) and no problem with progress and rewards). ;)
Not tested online.

The only thing I have noticed is thhat you can't save setups, but i dont know if is a consequence for this change or a bug in Dirt Rally.