Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team Management Feature

An idea i had which would add a whole other dimension to multiplayer especially league racing.

Team Management feature: Enable simulation of teams for leagues where a player (driving or non driving) manages a team of 2 or 3 of the same cars(and same livery).
-Manager can offer contracts to drivers on the market straight away or invite them to a try out stage where they can view the onboard replay of the runs of their selected drivers, and choose the drivers who will be offered a race seat in one of their cars.
-Drivers enter themselves in the driver pool for the championship, can do tryouts for whoever invites them, and can choose to accept or decline any contract offers.
-Manager able to fire/hire drivers mid season should anyone consistently retiring or showing absence (but must prove a valid reason for doing this action).
-Some form of upgrades system for the team over a championship where progress is chosen by the manager, they could choose who gets the upgrades first and the upgrade focus of their development team. Service crews are also hired by him/her.
-Could even include completely controllable driver salary contracts in a budget system for the manager which includes driver pay, repairs, crew pay, development costs etc
-Could include Driver numbers, whether chosen by every driver, or decided during setup of a league championship. 

This idea would be quite a big feature to develop but i think it would add a hugely authentic element to the game that a lot of players would love.

No one think this is worth it? well if not this I think the game definitely needs the ability to choose numbers on the cars (vital for leagues) and the ability to team up in the same cars and have a teams champ in leagues as well.

I'm all for this. I think at this point most people are concentrating their efforts and feedback on improving the game as it is now. Especially the physics and the actual driving. I would expect once that gets really locked down features and things like that will be become more of a discussion. I like what they started with as far as team management but they definitely could go a lot deeper.  Considering most other games don't have much, if any, of this type of feature at all, they're ahead on this so I'm sure it's a backburner item. The ability to have teams and numbers on cars would be awesome.

Yes of course i agree there are more urgent things to be sorted but i just though it seemed the devs were asking for ideas for features. Plus not all devs can work on the same things or have the same skill sets to do so, there may be someone who could do this kind of thing but not physics or ffb optimisation.