Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Steam VR version 1.9 Oculus SDK

Recommended Posts

I have tested the Steam version 1.9 with Oculus SDK and Oculus Rift.
I have to say that it works very fine for me, as good as the Oculus Home version.
Handbrake analog works fine too. 
Graphics are very nice and the game is smooth and I notice no stuttering when moving the head. 

Finally I have all the DLCs ! I will wait few days and finally the World Series will start again and I will be able to race 🙂

Settings:

SS 1.5
Game Graphics: High
Multisampling: 2x 
AA: 16x

or

SS 0
Game Graphics: Ultra
Multisampling: 8x
AA: 16x

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah runs really well,  good job game devs.

I had seen a strange sort of colour banding going on in dark areas, like some sort of filter is not working correctly when I first ran game after update. However after a reboot and reinstall video driver it appears ok.  Will check more tracks tomorrow as not sure where I saw it first. Hopefully just a video driver glitch.

Edited by RogerRamjet77
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah runs great.

Anyone knows what to adjust in the desktop shortcut to start oculus home from there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Yeah runs great.

Anyone knows what to adjust in the desktop shortcut to start oculus home from there?

>go to the VR section of the steam library >right click on DR2.0 >create desktop shortcut

I don't know of any other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ianism said:

>go to the VR section of the steam library >right click on DR2.0 >create desktop shortcut

I don't know of any other way.

Then I get the 2D version. That looks logical because if you choose to create a shortcut like that how should it know what shortcut you want, 2D, oculus VR or steam VR

Edited by Janneman60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job on the Oculus SDK implementation. Now I have nearly rock steady 90fps all the way with relatively high settings and SS 1.3

Finally the game can be enjoyed as it's meant to 🙂

Edited by MongoJon [VR]
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, all good now.  Just exited the game to buy the DLC after testing it!  Seems to run a bit better than the Oculus home version for me but that's just my initial feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now I can't buy the dlc, fml.

Looks like something has gone wrong with the purchase and steam is stuck in limbo, won't let me complete the transaction.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the performance of the SteamVersion is identical with the Oculus Version, CODEMASTERS should:
- make all content available for Oculus Home Users or
- make it posible to refund the Oculus Version

I really think of buying the Steam Version now... And my Career would be...gone?
Wasted 50 Euros... and lifetime...

Cause of what? price politics? THUMBS UP, CODEMASTERS!

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Then I get the 2D version. That looks logical because if you choose to create a shortcut like that how should it know what shortcut you want, 2D, oculus VR or steam VR

You can rename the shortcut, however as you said: it doesn't work. It's broken.

Steam itself creates shortcut icon with -vr option included. But the game starts in 2D, showing a warning that it's going to be run this way regardless it supports VR.

Also it's not possible to run the game in VR mode from list of recently running games. The list is available by clicking Steam icon on systray.

The only way to run in VR mode I know so far is to run it from Steam library, pressing a "Play in VR" button

BTW all this issues was present in previous version too

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took seven months and some of the most questionable decision making, absent communication strategies and shady pricing models CMs have ever undertaken... but they finally got there, this is now a complete game and well worth investing time into even for the most discerning VR rally fan. Too bad it has left such an indelible mark on their reputation along the way.

If WRC 9 has VR I fear the rush to abandon the Dirt ship might actually sink it.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

You can rename the shortcut, however as you said: it doesn't work. It's broken.

Steam itself creates shortcut icon with -vr option included. But the game starts in 2D, showing a warning that it's going to be run this way regardless it supports VR.

Also it's not possible to run the game in VR mode from list of recently running games. The list is available by clicking Steam icon on systray.

The only way to run in VR mode I know so far is to run it from Steam library, pressing a "Play in VR" button

BTW all this issues was present in previous version too

On some forum a guy posted how to change the shortcut for starting in steam VR. That works fine. So sure it is possible for oculus VR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×