AI accelerating speed

Im on season 1 playing at 80% difficulty at race 12 of the season...and everytime i follow an AI car i notice when comming out of a corner onto the straight AI just seems to speed off like im standing still.

Seriously even my team mate who drives the same car as me just lifts off like he has a jet engine hidden in his car, and this has happened on several tracks , and no my cornering exits are not the problems seeing as i do always manage to put in fasters laps than most of the AI.

It just seems whatever i do i will always lose on the straight.

• Like 1

The ai are really good with traction.  That’s how the make up a lot of their lap times (I think).  That’s why certain tracks that require more traction management the ai are more difficult than ones that don’t. Just my observation, I could be wrong.

• Agree 2

Agree, traction is what it is, acceleration is actually fairly average, it is easy to get off the line faster than the AI, but if you are spinning a little or bogged down by traction control then the AI will come back at you hard! You will notice it more in replays or using flashbacks. It would actually be nice to see AI react based on settings, or difficulty level, this would help some. But unless you have a wheel and pedals its a bit tougher to be a perfectionist without a little TC assistance, at least in poor weather and slow or tight corner situations where the aerodynamic assistance of the car mean little.

• Like 1

Apparently the AI are programmed to have TC. This would explain a lot if true.

• Agree 1

On 10/1/2019 at 7:11 PM, jrod22145 said:

The ai are really good with traction.  That’s how the make up a lot of their lap times (I think).  That’s why certain tracks that require more traction management the ai are more difficult than ones that don’t. Just my observation, I could be wrong.

That's true, also on tracks where aero efficiency is key, the AI seems to fall short and gains most of the time in the straights instead.

Imo, the whole car performance is incorrect, as it makes us run lower aero settings rather than going for outright cornering speed.

At the moment the game punishes us, if we are going for medium or high aero settings, by increased amount of drag and specific aero demanding corners that are taken flatout in real life can not be taken at full throttle at the appropriate speed in the game even with the highest aero settings (11/11).

In the contrary, E-Sports drivers and the AI seem to be on pretty low aero settings all the time for maximum topspeed, traction and stability.

But in real life the cars are extremely fast in the corners, have low topspeed, maximum amount of acceleration and drive like they are on rails, which is almost impossible to replicate in F1 2019 the game.

Codemasters needs to take a serious look at this issue and homogenize the car performance and AI performance to real life telemetry data of the 2019 season.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling Error
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

That's true, also on tracks where aero efficiency is key, the AI seems to fall short and gains most of the time in the straights instead.

Imo, the whole car performance is incorrect, as it makes us run lower aero settings rather than going for outright cornering speed.

At the moment the game punishes us, if we are going for medium or high aero settings, by increased amount of drag and specific aero demanding corners that are taken flatout in real life can not be taken at full throttle at the appropriate speed in the game even with the highest aero settings (11/11).

In the contrary, E-Sports drivers and the AI seem to be on pretty low aero settings all the time for maximum topspeed, traction and stability.

But in real life the cars are extremely fast in the corners, have low topspeed, maximum amount of acceleration and drive like they are on rails, which is almost impossible to replicate in F1 2019 the game.

Codemasters needs to take a serious look at this issue and homogenize the car performance and AI performance to real life telemetry data of the 2019 season.

Makes sense. The AI on Suzuka is particularly frustrating in GP mode. Take a Mercedes and even with 3 5 wings (really low for that track) it is impossible to keep up with Vettel for multiple laps on the straights without burning through ERS and a ton of fuel. This is even when under fueling the car.

The only way around it is to get in front of them aggressively at the start. 

I'm far from a top driver, but at 100% on that track, the AI is a joke. Russia, Singapore, Azerbaijan for instance, 100% AI is pretty easy to leave behind with less than flawless laps.