Sign in to follow this  

Codies can you please get rid of the rpm lights in the Porsche 911 R-GT dashcam?

I know it might be a minor issue, but it's my favourite car and I find it so annoying because it's so ugly when seen this close. Also, I'm a BT LED user and having two rev meters can be quite distracting. 😞

Same thing applies to other cars with added rpm lights, especially the historic ones.

Or at least the option to adjust the camera a little.

Please!

Edited by danielofifi

DId it occur to you that some players might prefer to keep them? Or that some players do not use BT LED?

They are not very good looking though. 8 triangles in a circle is a bit low

20191002141132_1.thumb.jpg.925abd0af540eb90a8633849a2f2ee62.jpg

• Agree 2

Having the RPM is somewhat useful. It would be nice to have a gear indicator in dash cam, but it's not a big deal since Driver view has it.

There is a gear indicator in the HUD? Kinda makes sense to use HUD in dash cam since you can't see any of the in-car instruments in most cars

4 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

DId it occur to you that some players might prefer to keep them? Or that some players do not use BT LED?

They are not very good looking though. 8 triangles in a circle is a bit low

20191002141132_1.thumb.jpg.925abd0af540eb90a8633849a2f2ee62.jpg

That's why there should be an option to turn them off, or move the camera so that they can't be seen. In my opinion the dashboard shouldn't have any visible instruments. That's what other cockpit views are for.

3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Having the RPM is somewhat useful. It would be nice to have a gear indicator in dash cam, but it's not a big deal since Driver view has it.

Some cars do have the gear indicator in the dash cam. Some only have rpms, and some have nothing. This inconsistency is annoying because there is nothing you can do about it.

17 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

That's why there should be an option to turn them off, or move the camera so that they can't be seen. In my opinion the dashboard shouldn't have any visible instruments. That's what other cockpit views are for.

Option to move the camera would make sense, and not just for the instruments. We don't have the option to remove or add in-car instruments in other camera views either, they are part of the real car.

17 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Some cars do have the gear indicator in the dash cam. Some only have rpms, and some have nothing. This inconsistency is annoying because there is nothing you can do about it.

Real cars are inconsistent about what instruments they have and where they are placed. I play with cockpit view and HUD off and with some cars I have no gear indicator or shift lights at all. What is the harm in having an extra gear indicator with some cars?

Edited by HoksuHoo

5 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Option to move the camera would make sense, and not just for the instruments. We don't have the option to remove or add in-car instruments in other camera views either, they are part of the real car.

Are they though? I might be wrong, but I would bet they are added by the developers. Personally I haven't seen a rally-spec Porsche 911 with such rev lights.

5 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Real cars are inconsistent about what instruments they have and where they are placed. I play with cockpit view and HUD off and with some cars I have no gear indicator or shift lights at all. What is the harm in having an extra gear indicator with some cars?

Well, if you want to have an experience of driving a historic car which in general did not have a gear indicator, being forced to have one breaks the immersion for me. I think this should be an optional feature.

• Like 1

https://www.tuthillporsche.com/product/porsche-911-rgt-wrc-rally-car-997-991-gt3/

https://www.tuthillporsche.com/product/porsche-997-r-gt-rally-car/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRW61GDIlAY

Other than being able to adjust camera in dash cam, I'm not quite sure what you are asking for anymore. Being able to freely add or remove instuments to cars seems a bit unrealistic. Option to make them stop working in dash cam?

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1

The dashcam isn't about to become adjustable.  Just accept that, reasons have been given many times in other posts.  But the main one is it's going to clip into the car parts especially as VR and head tracking is allowed in the DC.

6 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Option to make them stop working in dash cam?

This would be good too. Anything not to have them in your face like that.

Why would Codemasters change this for a single user?  That doesn't really make sense.  If the lights are part of the actual dash at that point and they are supposed to work then they should remain that way in the game, despite your personal situation.  There are things we all have to adjust to depending on our personal set ups, etc.  When I had my CSL Elite I had rev lights onscreen, on the base, and on the rim.  I didn't think to ask Codemasters to disable them in the game (which would affect everyone else) just so I would find it less distracting.  C'mon now.  lol

Edited by BadFlounder

the main thing behind the request is  a reason why dashcam even exists. it's not another tv cam. It's 'artificial' driver position to help driving a car using monitor. 

Since it's task is to help, leaving in a view objects which disturb is counter-productive. Arguing about existence  of this object irl does'n make any sense in this context. IRL nobody uses this view especially with such fov (which makes this object even bigger)

I can understand the request a imo it's valid since such big rpm indicator can really disturb or even blind a driver (ie at night).

Another fact is consistency. It's inconsistent with other cars.

• Agree 2