Sign in to follow this  

Real Concerns Instead of Superficial Ones.

Driver Safety Rating - Does this actually group individuals together according to their rating ?

Racenet Points - Have measures been taken to ensure points cant be exploited (grinding against A.I) ?

Car Tier Balance - Are the cars evenly balanced with no clear favorite ? That's been a problem in GRID games thus far.

Communication - Voip is to be expected, but there is a language barrier for most. Text chat would remedy this to some degree.

Lobby Control - Will the host have the right to kick players or determined by voting ?

These are most of the concerns for the online racing community, we're driven by competition not superficial things that have no impact on racing. I imagine these issues are more important since online multiplayer gives games longevity. Not to mention Esports

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

So, your concerns are true, and others are superficial? Only your needs matter? And after that you're trying to accuse someone in bulling and non-constructiveness?

Just to be clear: I never said gameplay wasn't important. While you all time try to convince everybody that visuals don't worth to pay attention to.

If the game will be outdated, players simply choose other racing despite all positive sides.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Finally a thread putting together the issues that matter. My english is decent but i dont speak for everyone, so text chat worth having. Really hope host can kick rammers and trolls. About the points, didnt know there was a problem with that, but it makes sense now why u see 2 players in a.i filled lobby oval track with 1 lap. Any news on esports?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Yeah they mentioned Esports briefly in an interview but not much after that. How that ties into racenet is going to interesting to say the least.

What is ur problem lastbreath, we're talking about ONLINE issues here. U have a personal problem with someone message them dont feel thread with ur emotions. Last time i checked Multiplayer gives games life after first month, its facts not his opinion. Almost all 2019 games have multiplayer cause single campaign gets boring quick.

Posted (edited)

Yes I have a problem when someone accuses me in bulling and then creates a thread where states that his claims are important and others - not.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Its not his claims, those are facts. Multiplayer IS the main concern for devs no disputing that. Take multiplayer away from COD, increase the graphics and see how many copies they sell. U just have issues with him, take it up with him we dont want to hear it. Stay on topic.

Posted (edited)

Horrible lightning also is fact. But I never stated that my claims are more important than others. While title of this thread is clear attack on graphics thread.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The safety rating for sure should mean something this time, it was just for show in Autosport and GRID 2.

• Disagree 1

Hi, New to Grid.  Maybe these are too Noob of questions (please direct me somewhere if so).

What is the "Safety Rating"?

And what are "Racenet Points"?

Safety Rating is what the name says, determines safe a driver u are (rammer or not).

Racenet Points are for the leaderboard basically. How well u and ur team are doing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Omiley said:

Car Tier Balance - Are the cars evenly balanced with no clear favorite ? That's been a problem in GRID games thus far.

We have attempted to balance the cars within a class so that they are all competitive. This already happens naturally with the categories of cars we put together so they begin naturally balanced to a point.

Of course remember that cars will still feel different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Some cars may be suited to certain kinds of track but not others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, cmMikeRobson said:

We have attempted to balance the cars within a class so that they are all competitive.

Duly noted, really appreciate the response and effort you guys have been putting in. That's enough to reassure the online experience will be fair and competitive.

• Agree 1

Thats great news! I really disliked being forced to use certain cars cause they gave the best possible chance to win. Now we can race what we like and have a chance.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, cmMikeRobson said:

We have attempted to balance the cars within a class so that they are all competitive. This already happens naturally with the categories of cars we put together so they begin naturally balanced to a point.

Of course remember that cars will still feel different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Some cars may be suited to certain kinds of track but not others.

we are dreaming a text chat like grid1, 10 years bday now… not willing to hear **** screams and noisy sounds. ADD THE TEXT CHAT !!!!! (not screaming… or YEEEEES ) ahahaha

• Disagree 1

and just to say, concerns are concerns. If something annoy or worry you is the same, there is not a superficial kind of concerns. Is subjective.

For me example, i don't care if the game have a top AAA graphics (which is not the case lol) and when you join online after 13min of SKIRMISH you realize to have balls broken and just close the game cause you cannot spectate a race while waiting or say a text to friends… games are entertainment, this game will be a fiasco online, like all grid episodes except grid1.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I’ve never played GRID before but, regarding the “Text Chat”.  I’m not really sure what this is but it sounds like a method to send messages to other players.  My understanding is that those sorts of “texting” features were “weeded” out of online games a while back.  This was done because most developers did not have a method to monitor the messages.  And, unfortunately, some bad people used it to communicate bad things.

Right now, on Xbox, my understanding is the only way to communicate to other players is through Xbox Messaging (which is monitored) and perhaps some of the very high-level games that can afford monitoring. 

Voice chat doesn’t fall under this same regulation.

20 minutes ago, SourceCodeError said:

I’ve never played GRID before but, regarding the “Text Chat”.  I’m not really sure what this is but it sounds like a method to send messages to other players.  My understanding is that those sorts of “texting” features were “weeded” out of online games a while back.  This was done because most developers did not have a method to monitor the messages.  And, unfortunately, some bad people used it to communicate bad things.

Well, one of the most populated games CS:GO has both voice and text chat. I doubt the text chat is being monitired, cause I never been "fined" for bad language. xD

And by the way the voice chat in GRID is so well implemented that I cannot make my mic work. I have to boost it to the limit of its' sensitivity which reflects on the quality - never had this issue with CS:GO or any other game... so basically i cannot communicate at all online - as if I am playing with bots...

Posted (edited)

I’m not really sure what this is but it sounds like a method to send messages to other players.

Yeah it was a way to communicate in multiplayer in the original GRID. It's not like Xbox messaging, there wass no "inbox" or anything like that, it was just in lobbies and in races.

And, unfortunately, some bad people used it to communicate bad things.

Voice has the same issues: People curse, people mic spam (i.e. play loud music and sounds to annoy others), and there are people who forget to turn off their mics (a common thing in GRID 2).

I would assume everyone on PC has a keyboard but not everone has a working mic or headset, at least I didn't for the longest time. Sometimes you can not or don't want to talk/speak with voice to random people on the internet.

Edited by imbbs
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Boyan said:

Well, one of the most populated games CS:GO has both voice and text chat. I doubt the text chat is being monitired, cause I never been "fined" for bad language. xD

Bad language isn't what I was referring to.

I know my sentence "And, unfortunately, some bad people used it to communicate bad things." is somewhat cryptic, but I didn't want to actually type the words.

Bad People, as in REALLY BAD PEOPLE, who might want to sell unlawful items or plan terrible events... Hopefully, this makes a little more sense.

56 minutes ago, SourceCodeError said:

Right now, on Xbox, my understanding is the only way to communicate to other players is through Xbox Messaging (which is monitored) and perhaps some of the very high-level games that can afford monitoring. 

Voice chat doesn’t fall under this same regulation.

absolutely not the reason. And is much worse on voice chat, cause there are bad thigs also and bad sounds.. and is impossible play and keep focus on the game.

For security reasons, with a plain text chat you can store (and log with ip and steam accounts) all the text comments for years. It will takes less than 1TB. 

Also text chat rolls with fade effect on the game screen, this make a very useful way to chat with friends.

12 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

For security reasons, with a plain text chat you can store (and log with ip and steam accounts) all the text comments for years. It will takes less than 1TB. 

True (depending on the volume of players); however, storing text chat data and monitoring text chat data are two different things.

1 hour ago, SourceCodeError said:

True (depending on the volume of players); however, storing text chat data and monitoring text chat data are two different things.

we are all already being monitored… there is not a mandatory monitoring job for a game, built in text chat comm is the same to a voice chat, issues are the same. For security purpose you can store-log it for further investigations…  monitoring is a system, you can start with a parental system and build up some reporting tools… and anyway once all is stored and not encryped… this is enough for bad guys to use something else.

Is not a security issue, is a lazy issue the reason devs not put anymore an integrated text chat… you know, go to grid1 sources, edit codes and build it to work on new engine… are 2 or 3 weeks of work they are not willing to do… since you can Always scream on a mic.. 

Just because they havent given us a direct answer to some questions doesnt mean those questions havent been addressed or currently working on, patience my friends patience lol.

• Agree 1