Sign in to follow this  

Daily M2 GT

Posted (edited)

Mine is maxed out and the engine was just replaced, but it feels incredibly slow. In today's Australia daily, I barely let off the gas and was still nearly a minute off the top M2 GT.

It was excruciatingly slow trying to build it up in career.  In Time Trial, I'm able to get it going pretty well.

Anyone feel like there is something off with this car? When I get beat that bad in other cars, it is the driver. This time, my run was nearly flawless (largely due to the fact that it was so slow that it was easy to keep under control).

Thank you

EDIT: I just ran it in Time Trial, same course, and it is absurdly faster. I can get to 5th and 6th gear very quickly and I barely hit 6th in the Daily even in long flat sections.

Something is definitely wrong with the personal car. Everything is maxed and new. 

Edited by DaleRossi

From what I understand, there is a bug in My team. The M2 has a turbo, in contrary to the other cars in the GT class. The problem is that the turbo is not available to fix. So when your turbo is damaged, it is not available to the crew for fixing nor replacing the part when it is broken or worn out.

I don’t know if Codemasters are aware of the problem, though.

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

From what I understand, there is a bug in My team. The M2 has a turbo, in contrary to the other cars in the GT class. The problem is that the turbo is not available to fix. So when your turbo is damaged, it is not available to the crew for fixing nor replacing the part when it is broken or worn out.

I don’t know if Codemasters are aware of the problem, though.

They are aware, the fix just didn't make it into v1.9. It will be included in the v1.10 patch coming in about a month.

• Haha 2

Would be nice if they made an announcement to not Waste our time..a Ton of time..upgrading this car.  Incredible!

• Agree 1

Why is it wasted time? It'll still be fully upgraded when the turbo bug is fixed. 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Would be nice if they made an announcement to not Waste our time..a Ton of time..upgrading this car.  Incredible!

The upgrades will still be there when the patch hits, so it wasn't wasted.

Posted (edited)

Wasted because I could have spent that time upgrading a different car that is actually usable. 

Shouldn't even need a patch for something so basic in the first place. The car has been out for weeks and we just got at 10Gb patch that didn't fix it.  So excuse me if I'm not all giddy about a promised patch a month from now. lol

CM does so many things right. Between this and F1, I wonder who the hell prioritizes things there, though. 

"Sir, the car is on fire!"

"Well let's go ahead and make sure the satellite radio is ok."

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ianism said:

what @Kjell007 said. it's a whoopsie. 😞

Do you happen to have good camber/toe settings for the 911 GT3 RGT?  It's the toughest car I've tried to tune and rear engine cars in particular are tougher for me to tune.

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

"Sir, the car is on fire!"

"Well let's go ahead and make sure the satellite radio is ok."

haha love your sense of humour.

it is quite strange that they just kind of forgot that the M2 has a turbo.

re: your question - i find the 911 the worst of the R-GT cars. The Aston is my go-to for that class. i don't even bother with the 911. it's okay on tarmac but i won't even touch it on gravel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

haha love your sense of humour.

it is quite strange that they just kind of forgot that the M2 has a turbo.

re: your question - i find the 911 the worst of the R-GT cars. The Aston is my go-to for that class. i don't even bother with the 911. it's okay on tarmac but i won't even touch it on gravel.

lol :cheers:

Yea, it is brutal on gravel! I do like the Aston a lot and may have to get that one to build up. It sounds great and is fun to drive. 

The AmeAmerican R GT cars are fun, but all over the place on gravel. Realistic, just not a whole lot of fun.lol

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Do you happen to have good camber/toe settings for the 911 GT3 RGT?  It's the toughest car I've tried to tune and rear engine cars in particular are tougher for me to tune.

When it comes to toe in 911, I usually leave it on 0, 0 because the car just seems too unpredictable. At the most I put a liitle bit of toe-in to the rear wheels.

Pretty much same with camber, one or two clicks to the left if the road is twisty or to the right if the car feels sluggish.

The biggest influence on the handling, especially with fighting the oversteer, I found when playing around with springs (usually I run very soft rear spring), arbs and diffs. I also stiffen the dampers a click or two for most rallies. I'd share my setups, but I'm not sure they're good enough yet. :]

Personally I love the way 911 handles, even on gravel. It's so satisfying. Besides Lancia Stratos this is the most fun car to drive for me.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Thanks 1

I just realized this problem this morning doing the AI weekly in New England and couldn't figure out why I was so slow.  Then I jumped into the time trials and it was fast again.  I even tried different tunes instead of the maxed out one thinking it was a bug similar to the one the Peugeot Group B RX car had but couldn't figure it out.  This now makes perfect sense, I'm glad I found this thread.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, danielofifi said:

When it comes to toe in 911, I usually leave it on 0, 0 because the car just seems too unpredictable. At the most I put a liitle bit of toe-in to the rear wheels.

Pretty much same with camber, one or two clicks to the left if the road is twisty or to the right if the car feels sluggish.

The biggest influence on the handling, especially with fighting the oversteer, I found when playing around with springs (usually I run very soft rear spring), arbs and diffs. I also stiffen the dampers a click or two for most rallies. I'd share my setups, but I'm not sure they're good enough yet. :]

Personally I love the way 911 handles, even on gravel. It's so satisfying. Besides Lancia Stratos this is the most fun car to drive for me.

Interesting about the springs, that is a spot that gives me trouble. With more weight in the back, I maybe haven't softened the rear springs enough. 

For Accel diff, are you going more locked or more open?

17 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Interesting about the springs, that is a spot that gives me trouble. With more weight in the back, I maybe haven't softened the rear springs enough. 

For Accel diff, are you going more locked or more open?

Usually locked for gravel. More open for tarmac, but not too much.

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, danielofifi said:

You my friend are a masochist.  I feel like these cars are abusing me.  On the other hand crossing the finish line at all in a Stratos feels amazing.

• Haha 2

On 10/4/2019 at 1:46 PM, NateFink said:

You my friend are a masochist.  I feel like these cars are abusing me.  On the other hand crossing the finish line at all in a Stratos feels amazing.

lol Stratos is an interesting one. Some days I love it, other days I avoid it at all costs.