Some pre-buy questions

I would like to buy GRID but i need some info first, i hope devs or users could help me.

1. Unfortunately i do not see the Logitech Driving Force GT (aka DFGT) listed. Will it be NOT supported for real???!!!
2. I know there will be a FOV slider adjustment. What about the POV (seat position)?

Thanks in advance

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TonaZ said:

I would like to buy GRID but i need some info first, i hope devs or users could help me.

1. Unfortunately i do not see the Logitech Driving Force GT (aka DFGT) listed. Will it be NOT supported for real???!!!
2. I know there will be a FOV slider adjustment. What about the POV (seat position)?

Thanks in advance

Bro, there is no reason this wheel (eventhough so old model) to not work. It's a controller after all.

I doubt there will be option for adjusting your seat POV.

There will be no text chat and you are askibg for asjustable seat POV lol.

Edited by Boyan
Correction

Posted (edited)

I'd expect it would work. Doesn't it use the same Sware as the G27/25's did? As far as I recall the G25 and G27 utilised the same logitech Profiler software (correct me if I'm wrong there).

Had a DFGT myself and whilst it's not the best wheel ever made it sure as hell made me fell like a hardcore racer and worked really well for several years, I gave it to a friend after I got a G27 and afaik I think it only died recently but I had it for 3 years and actually bought it because of Grid 1 around 2009.

Hope you get a positive answer on this one dude...

Edited by Guest

Yes i confirm you are right, the SW is the same, Logitech Profiler.

That's why i also assume the same about it will work, but you know... before spending 90 euros for the ultimate edition, a confirmation would be very very appreciated.

I think i will stick with my ol' DFGT for next 2 years, it really does a good job.

Posted (edited)

Problem here is that with windows 10, videogames developers can write some registry keys making specific gaming devices work and others don't.

I.E. in Forza Horizon my old Thrustmaster didn't worked. With a registry hack it did.

I have a precise idea why they do it, but i don't want to talk about this here and now..

Edited by TonaZ

I doubt that money comes into it but I could be wrong ofc.

With the game on Win 10 I think it would fall under windows UWP which for a long time denied mutiple input devices from being used (Thrustmaster TH8A for example wouldn't work until MS added multi input capability into UWP).

For long enough MS denied it was possible until a gamer actually proved them completely wrong and created his own Sware enabling additional peripherals to work in UWP. Only after he did this did MS cav in and actually take heed of the many users out there with essentially useless hardware..

Dunno if you're referring to FH3/4 or earlier games nor the thrustmaster model that you used (assuming it's an older model though as my T300 works fine in both games).

the T300 is a much smoother and way quieter wheel thanks to being belt driven rather than geared like the DFGT and G series wheels. If/when you change the DFGT I can personally recommend it and it's served me very well (aside from my 1st one developing a calibration fault which slammed it into the stop so hard the stop itself shattered off the shaft turning it into a £300 pile of scrap. On the bright side I can use the dead one for spares... 😄

DiRT Rally 2.0 also mentions that DFGT is not officially supported, but you can check online if it works in that game. F1 2019 by the Birmingham (different) studio does list DFGT as supported, but their input system is a bit different.

You can also try DR2.0 for a month for 1$-??$ by purchasing the Xbox Game Pass 🙂 

Also DFGT is a great wheel for it's very small price!

5 hours ago, TonaZ said:

I confirm u that dfgt works in dr2

DFGT was also not officially supported in that game (at launch at least), so you'd probably be fine. If you buy the game through Steam, you can play the game for 2 hours and still refund it, so you could try it out that way: https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

i think i'll do this way indeed. thanks everybody!

• Like 1

The blog says "Unknown devices can be configured via in-game menus". Even if not officially supported you should be able to plug in and configure your device.

Also, seat/camera positional changes in cockpit camera - not at this time.

17 hours ago, cmMikeRobson said:

The blog says "Unknown devices can be configured via in-game menus". Even if not officially supported you should be able to plug in and configure your device.

ï»ż Also, seat/camera positional changes in cockpit camera - not at this time.

Thanks for the response, wheel users aren't in the majority so this is a golden nugget of news, just wish there'd be someone addressing the fears in the graphics discussion......

4 hours ago, [SRS13]Rastus said:

Thanks for the response, wheel users aren't in the majority so this is a golden nugget of news, just wish there'd be someone addressing the fears in the graphics discussion......ï»ż

These news are official from some weeks ago, so of course an employee can say what is already online! There is no talk about the graphics online except that they're monitoring the feedback like always.

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

There is no talk about the graphics online except that they're monitoring the feedback like always.

Also, screenshots from videos are an entirely different viewing experience to when you're actually driving and focusing on the road and cars ahead 🙂 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Also, screenshots from videos are an entirely different viewing experience to when you're actually driving and focusing on the road and cars ahead 🙂 

Most of us have been playing racing games for several decades, including most Codemasters titles...   sure we know the difference.

But does that make any of this right?