Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0 has stopped working, access violation in dirtrally2.exe

I have had three crashes in a short time, two before 1.9 and one after. It's always access violation in dirtrally2.exe, though the address code seems to vary. It only happens in My Team, never in Freeplay. I sent the error reports. If someone has suggestions what to do, I would like to hear it. I have added dirtrally2.exe as an exception in both AV and Windows firewall. I have validated files in Steam. I maintain my PC pretty carefully and I am used to games not crashing, ever

dgffdg.png.8fd1889c628dbe10c1f8973a2d1b3737.png

PC Steam, Super Deluxe edition. System specs: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, 512gb SSD, Windows 10, Sound Blaster Z, 436.30 Nvidia driver. 2560x1440 resolution, no VR. G920 steering wheel

btw, the FAQ link gives an invalid address: https://www.dirt4game.com/crashfaq

Edited by HoksuHoo

Again it happened. Again in My Team RX event. I still have no clue what that means or what to do about it. And FAQ link still does not work.  Someone from CM ?

hdfh2.png

Edited by HoksuHoo

AGAIN! I managed to complete my RX event without further crashes, when I did the Germany Group A daily...

sdgd3.png.b39ea67ddd498978763512a097c7e8d2.png

What is going on????

dhdhfgfhg4.png.352fd54f0bdb3835e860056443309cd8.png

I cannot even. This time browsing My Team menu. I verified the files on Steam right before launching the game

• Agree 1

Pretty ridiculous support system it seems, I have the same issue. I just paid a bomb for the game yesterday, installed it and played for a couple of hours only to wake up this morning and I am getting the same error as above. I’ve tried everything in all the other forums to fix it so I came here expecting a solution.....only to find that nobody has even answered this guys problem. Seems I have blown my cash

• Agree 1

Happened again in career rally event.

fdsfdsdsf.png.0d95c83c87fc4eb6ec578b5667da44c3.png

I reinstalled the game not long ago, again, it does not solve the problem since it always starts happening again. Verifying files does not help, tried 10+ times. Game is not modified in any way, 100% unmodded. All DLC enabled.

Edited by HoksuHoo

I have the game on PC through the Xbox game pass, I had this crash and now the game won't even try to launch.

Contact support directly. I had the same crashes happening just 2 or 3 times but in like 4 months. It is not true there is no support. Through the forum it is a real pain but contacting them directly or even calling them straight sounds like a quicker way 

image.png.6515e0e19a50b78e806e37a280b1da00.png

Edited by koog2003

I had this Problem after changing from a RX 570 to a  RX 590 GPU. Testing several tips from the www (Wattman settings, erase MSI Afterburner, Steam Overlay.......), all needless. At least I renewed my PSU. Update from an, around 10 year old, OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500W to a modern Be Quiet Straight Power 11 550W(for sure, it could be any other modern PSU). After this "Tweak" the Problem is gone and my GPU runs stable at 1545Mhz(with old PSU it's jumping continious between 1100 and 1545) while playing without crashing the Game.

So I guess, in my case it wasn't the Game that made problems but the aged PSU was unable to deliver the needed/constant Power to the GPU. Maybe it's a trial for other people here to solve the Problem.

Edited by hampti