Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt Rally 2.0 has stopped working, access violation in dirtrally2.exe


HoksuHoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.

I have uploaded NVIDIA driver, and started to have the same issue. Crashing all the time. But I guess that is not the reason why.

I am in the way to download it again from scratch (DiRT Rally 2.0), but download is extremely annoying. Basically is stopped.

Does anyone what's the deal with this issue?

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hi, everyone. Perhaps this way of solving the problem can help someone. I experienced this problem while playing career mode. After several countries, I moved to the USA stage. First, the game just got stuck on the loading page. It was just loading endlessly. After restarting the game it crashed during loading that same stage with this error:

Access violation at address 0xaea9a87f in module 'dirtrally2.exe' + 0x8fa87f

I tried to find a solution on the Internet, but none of the solutions I could find worked. I decided to ask the customer service (custservice@codemasters.com) and their solution actually helped. After running the DxDiag file and trying to start the game in a safe mod (none of that helped), the customer service representative asked me to check the integrity files through Steam, which I did and it surprisingly helped. I guess this problem may be caused by some reasons that are different for different users, but perhaps this solution can help someone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone. Perhaps this way of solving the problem can help someone. I experienced this issue while playing career mode. After several countries, I moved to the USA stage. First, the game just got stuck on the loading page. It was just loading endlessly. After restarting the game it crashed during loading that same stage with this error:

Access violation at address 0xaea9a87f in module 'dirtrally2.exe' + 0x8fa87f

I tried to find a solution on the Internet, but none of the solutions I could find worked. I decided to ask the customer service (custservice@codemasters.com) and their solution actually helped. After running the DxDiag file and trying to start the game in a safe mod (none of that helped), the customer service representative asked me to check the integrity files through Steam, which I did, and it surprisingly helped. I guess this problem may be caused by some reasons that are different for different users, but perhaps this solution can help someone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...