Sign in to follow this  

Crashing and reset

Love the game so far but can you please change the reset when I crash? If I flip it into the trees can I at least try to get my self out before respawning back on the track? It was my fault, make me pay for my error!   Tks

Love the game so far but can you please change the reset when I crash? If I flip it into the trees can I at least try to get my self out before respawning back on the track? It was my fault, make me pay for my error!   Tks
agreed, @Devs make this as option do not force it

Here is an idea on how to provide a reset feature:
When going off track in the car, a subtle (!) overlay on the screen should appear after about 2-5 sec time spent off track (you don't want to have menu pop ups on screen all the time when going a bit off track).

The overlay should present a count down timer starting at say 30sec (or higher for a more difficult experience) and count down in real time.

The driver can at any time press a reset button, which will reset the car on track and the then displayed amount of time in the count down timer will be added to your stages time.

To make this realistic, the count down should vary in realistic amounts of time to bring the car back to track:

You just plow into the underwood in flat terrain and could get the car out easily by backing up and returning to the track:
count down starts at 15sec

You turn the car on it's roof in flat terrain without any ditch or other obstacles and need spectators/marshals to turn the car back on it's wheels:
count down starts at 60sec

You drive off the track into a ditch, trapping the cars between trees and need spectators/ marshals to push the car out:
count down starts at 120sec

With such a system we could get tweaked difficulty and realistic settings. In full simulation mode these times would be much longer.

At no time the reset should be done automatically!
In situations where the terrible incident happens that your car veered off track into the direction of spectators, it should be implemented that the spectators actually MOVE (to avoid the screen blackout and auto reset we see now).