Will AI drivers performance be updated?

Posted (edited)

Sorry to be bringing this up again but I've still not seen any clarification one way or the other whether this is getting looked at.

Can we please get an update on some drivers performances who aren't performing at a realistic level. There needs to be some changes done to several drivers, most notably Ricciardo, Perez, Weber and Gasly, who are all either massively underperforming or far too fast. With driver transfers, it's pretty important to get this right in my opinion. Put Hamilton and Ricciardo in the same team at the moment and Ricciardo is consistently a second slower than Hamilton which is not even close to realistic. Then we get Perez and Gasly who are as fast as Vettel etc. No need to even talk about how mad Weber is.

In my view, this is how each driver should perform relative to each other.

- Hamilton should be the benchmark and then go from there.

- Vettel, Verstappen, Ricciardo and Leclerc should all be close to Hamilton.

- Bottas, Raikkonen, Sainz, Hulkenberg, Perez should be about even I'd say just slightly off the lead group (+0.150 on average or something). Butler and Weber could also be in this tier, maybe the tier above after season 3 or something.

- Norris, Russell, Kvyat, Albon, Magnussen should be just a little bit behind the above group.

- Grosjean, Gasly, Giovinazzi, Stroll and Kubica should then be towards the slowest.

Is there any chance of this happening. Seems like a relatively simple fix of changing some stats. 

@RedDevilKT

Compared to some problems this might seem relatively minor, but it should be a simple fix and currently it affects the entirety of single player making it a bit less authentic than it could be.

Edited by Wynterdust
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

I don't think its minor at all. It’s killing the immersion of career completely. It’s right up there in my view as one of the most important things for them to fix.

It should be relatively simple like you say, but i have a feeling it’s not for some reason else they would have done it already.  Either that or they’re not allowed to change it for some reason.

Come to think of it, it baffles me how they could get it this wrong to start with. I mean anyone who watches F1 and then plays the game for a few races knows it’s out.

Makes me think it’s intentionally the way it is for some reason.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2019 at 10:36 AM, kalamazoo123 said:

I don't think its minor at all. It’s killing the immersion of career completely. It’s right up there in my view as one of the most important things for them to fix.

It should be relatively simple like you say, but i have a feeling it’s not for some reason else they would have done it already.  Either that or they’re not allowed to change it for some reason.

Come to think of it, it baffles me how they could get it this wrong to start with. I mean anyone who watches F1 and then plays the game for a few races knows it’s out.

Makes me think it’s intentionally the way it is for some reason.

They also have refused to change the car performance to give us more downforce as well after the 1.05 patch dropped, at the moment the cars are way too slow in demanding corners and it is a immersion breaker for anyone that tries to get the maximum out of the cars.

These issues should be fairly easy to fix as even amateurs can create mods that give us real life performances in less than a week for PC and CM are professionals who have been in the industry for over 30 years, which makes this ordeal even more disappointing.

Maybe they believe that both "driver performance" as well as "car performance" is a "non issue" because of driver transfers and r&d?

If that is the case, then CM are either...

...lacking time (not enough time to fix everything, and a perfect game would be bad for next years title, so they just leave it as it is)...

...lacking vision (uptight mentality of gamedesign that ends up in total disaster, usually a dictatorship of leading figures that are quite stubborn and don't care about criticism)...

...lacking talent (maybe the devs are overwhelmed by the issues and simply can't fix them and the rumour is true that mostly inexperienced interns are working at CM)...

...are lazy (too much work, parties and coffee breaks are more enjoyable)...

...and or simply don't care (they got our money already, so why bother?).

Whatever CM are currently doing, it is frustrating to witness.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 6

Honestly I'm just surprised how it hasn't been sorted. They could do this in a very short amount of time with minimal effort in the background without it affecting development time of other fixes. Like you say, modders can fix it very quickly so there's no reason for this not to be fixed. It's a shame mods don't work on consoles otherwise I'd just fix it myself.

• Agree 4

The 19 game, legends edition if I remember correctly, is on sale in the xbox store for 1/3 off. Seeing that activity on the forum is dropping off, the game has barely improved, some would say gone backwards, and the silence from codemasters is deafening, I can't see myself buying it. Infact I doubt I will even purchase second hand after support ceases.

It's such a shame that things are like this. F1 is my favourite motorsport and being an avid gamer I would like to play it. But it sounds as if it would be a frustrating purchase. Further more, why should codemasters be rewarded with my cash when the game is in such a bad state?

Please codemasters give a response and get these bugs and issues fixed...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With only 8 months to go or even less if they continue to release earlier each year I suspect all development resources except marketing and support are working on F1 2020, or 2021. 

• Agree 2

Any chance of an answer or an update? It would help alot towards making the career mode more immersive with these AI corrections.

@RedDevilKT  @Hoo

• Agree 1

Still no answer. 

Just some acknowledgement that this is being looked at would be great. 

Come on CM. This is affecting the whole of single player and it really shouldn't be too much effort to fix.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I find it unusual how Gasly sometimes starts races within the first 3 rows on the grid; sometimes on pole. Of course, he is in the Red Bull car, but in real life, he was rather lackluster in that car. His average start at Red Bull Racing was around 8.9 and his average finish at Red Bull Racing was around 8.5 (yes I did do the math). I feel like Gasly should be starting within the middle rows.

Edited by Involved In It
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

It’s a ******* joke the Danny ric AI is absolutely shocking. 

Yup. I honestly can't understand how they messed him up so badly. He's proven he's as good as Verstappen and Vettel so by logic his AI should be as good as theirs. As it is, should Vettel and Ricciardo end up as teammates in game, Vettel destroys him by up to a second in qualifying and is always some 30-40 seconds ahead in races. It wasn't such a problem in 2018 but now that driver transfers are a thing they need to rebalance the drivers to match real life.

The only thing I can think of is they're trying to balance that Renault have sucked this year but what they should do is buff both Ric and Hulk but nerf the Renault base car. 

Ricciardo should be at least as good as the front runners and be a lead contender for a top drive in the transfers and Hulk should be as good as Perez.

Thinking about it, Perez's AI is fine. Close to the front but a little behind. Problem is, they've made the rest of the midfield far too weak. Hulk and Sainz should be about even with Perez. Raikkonen is fine, then they should buff Norris, Mag, Kvyat, Albon and Russell to be just a little behind them and then buff the rest to a little behind that group and nerf Gasly down to this level. 

It should be an easy fix really. The field can do with being closed up a bit anyway. I personally think the fastest, Hamilton, should only be on average 0.8-1s faster on average than the slowest drivers if they end up as teammates. You never see gaps as big as the game in real life.

@RedDevilKT @Hoo  Can there be some acknowledgement that this is being looked at and/or worked on? 

• Agree 3

For the future, let's try to keep the original thread going instead of posting it over again 🙂 I also forgot to mention in the last post, but I was supposed to thank you for actually providing examples about what should be fixed!

It bugs me that Gasly is strong Red Bull driver I have to worry about and not Verstappen. Also Ricciardo is pretty inconsistent in the game, one race he’s doing well in the points and the next race he’s scraping it up with and getting beat by the Williams team.

@Wynterdust why are you surprised? This is Classic Codies! The silence now will continue until a possible patch in November and maybe one in December. This is how they’ve always worked. @ChasteWand don’t get sucked in but the discount and save the money. Until Codies are hit in the pocket they will continue this cycle and mediocre support and product. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Perhaps surprised is the wrong word. Disappointed is probably better.

Would just be nice if they would just acknowledge this and just a simple "yes we're looking into it" or whatever. 

How hard can it be to fix really.

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's a case of how hard these issues are to fix. It is more a question of priority and motivation. Priority will be given to the 2020 game. Clearly the motivation is to make money and that has been done!

Then the 2020 game will suffer the same bugs and issues again, and a few new ones. Microtransactions have now entered the game, so expect to see that concept expanded, it really is sad to times for this series.

I can't see myself buying the 19 game and given this titles history, the 20 game either. The only hope I have is that with the new consoles comes a new game engine and a fresh start.

I really think it's time the license went to a new company or even better the license goes to two companies and there is a bit of competition...

Edited by ChasteWand
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

A shame because it's been one of their best when you don't take wrong AI performance and SC issues into consideration.

Guess I'm just going to assume it's a no and lament CM's atrocious communication skills at not being able to answer a simple question despite being tagged.

6 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

Guess I'm just going to assume it's a no and lament CM's atrocious communication skills at not being able to answer a simple question despite being tagged.

Many Codemasters people will of course ignore tags as everyone seems to like to tag people on their posts for little to no reason.

Fear not though! Even though some of the employees are shy, they still do read through almost all of the forum threads. It'd just get annoying to us that they'd always say "Okay."