MFD shortcut Delay F1 2018 & F1 2019

Hi,

I've been struggling with managing ERS and fuel at the same time. The D-pad on a G29 is very annoying as it sometimes gets an up or down input when you press to the sides. I found out you could map ERS and fuel to other buttons but unfortunately it adds an annoying delay which still makes me look at the MFD because it doesn't register all the button presses I did... Is anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

Same on 2019

I was looking to buy a fanatec wheel with a lot of buttons but i dont see the point if it keeps having these delays...

Personally, I would just keep trying to you see the direction button. The fact you can't change ers irl should be the factor in next year's game imo. 

20 hours ago, WalterOP said:

Hi,

I've been struggling with managing ERS and fuel at the same time. The D-pad on a G29 is very annoying as it sometimes gets an up or down input when you press to the sides. I found out you could map ERS and fuel to other buttons but unfortunately it adds an annoying delay which still makes me look at the MFD because it doesn't register all the button presses I did... Is anyone else having this problem?

On my G29 I used the L3 and R3 buttons to raise and lower ERS one notch at a time and the +/- rocker for fuel mapping. Worked really well despite being obviously unrealistic. Using the MFD during the race is gonna slow you down or earn you a brewski in the motor home pretty quick! 

2 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

On my G29 I used the L3 and R3 buttons to raise and lower ERS one notch at a time and the +/- rocker for fuel mapping. Worked really well despite being obviously unrealistic. Using the MFD during the race is gonna slow you down or earn you a brewski in the motor home pretty quick! 

I use the exact same binds but can you change your ers as fast as with the d pad? If I spam R3 it takes more than 5 presses to go from none to hotlap, while with the dpad it works flawless...

1 hour ago, WalterOP said:

I use the exact same binds but can you change your ers as fast as with the d pad? If I spam R3 it takes more than 5 presses to go from none to hotlap, while with the dpad it works flawless...

Maybe not as quick but accurately sure. Key for me is preparation making sure I don't need to go from 0 to hotlap in one go! You can sync it with the gear changes to make it smoother and smooth is KING when going for consistent speed round a track. 

Just now, sloppysmusic said:

Maybe not as quick but accurately sure. Key for me is preparation making sure I don't need to go from 0 to hotlap in one go! You can sync it with the gear changes to make it smoother and smooth is KING when going for consistent speed round a track. 

Sometimes i just want to go from hotlap to none for instance in australia at T3 because it has a slow section. But i dont understand why it has a delay...

If I am not wrong when I used the pad you could dble hold or dble press and it changed quicker... 

Right now I use the F1 wheel & at times its is slow in responding, I normally change just b4 going into a corner.

31 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

If I am not wrong when I used the pad you could dble hold or dble press and it changed quicker... 

Right now I use the F1 wheel & at times its is slow in responding, I normally change just b4 going into a corner.

Yeah it's super annoying 😕

52 minutes ago, WalterOP said:

Yeah it's super annoying 😕

I use the F1 wheel I use to try scroll the dail quickly but found out I have to take time or it doesn't register each time.

8 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

I use the F1 wheel I use to try scroll the dail quickly but found out I have to take time or it doesn't register each time.

I was looking to buy the Clubsport steering wheel f1 v2 from fanatec because it has a lot of dials ans buttons just so i could change it easier but it wont make sense to buy it with this bug...

I dont think manual ers shoykdbe in the game but it would be class if you could auto tune the ers to your liking. Then override it if necessary so you can have more power to overtake someone. 

6 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

I dont think manual ers shoykdbe in the game but it would be class if you could auto tune the ers to your liking. Then override it if necessary so you can have more power to overtake someone. 

Yeah a bit like in F1 2010 but for 2018 and 2019 it would be nice if they could just roll out a fix. I think the problem might have something to do with it first opening the mfd and then changing it. So everytime you change it 'it opens the mfd' even though it might already be open and then it adjusts the value.

• Like 1

So I have been testing some things out. With the regular controls, you (D-Pad) you can spam the arrows before the mfd page opens and nothing will change. Same thing happens when you are on the mfd tire wear page and press the arrows, it first goes back to the first page. During this time you can again spam it and nothing will change.

What I think happens when you use the MFD shortcuts is, it checks if it is on the MFD page, wait until it's open (even though it might be open already) and then changes the value. The time I have to wait is about the same as when I tried with the regular controls. It happens both in F1 2018 and F1 2019 (I don't have 2019 though, but people on the forums confirmed).

On 10/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, WalterOP said:

Hi,

Yes, I've reported it in beta phase as well. In F1 2018 already. For some unknown reason they just don't fix this. Another workaround is pressing the ERS hotkey once, and then smash the higher/lower buttons (instead of ERS hotkey like 5 times). Then no input gets ignored. But it's really complicated. I ended up binding the 4 buttons on my right thumb for MFD control. 

17 minutes ago, Chicane486 said:

Yes, I've reported it in beta phase as well. In F1 2018 already. For some unknown reason they just don't fix this. Another workaround is pressing the ERS hotkey once, and then smash the higher/lower buttons (instead of ERS hotkey like 5 times). Then no input gets ignored. But it's really complicated. I ended up binding the 4 buttons on my right thumb for MFD control. 

I did some testing and it seems to be like it just fake opens the mfd everytime even though it is open. I get the same bug if i use the D-pad and press left or right from for instance the tire wear page. If you spam it before it changes to the first page it doesnt register presses. So what i think is happening is it is waiting until it turns to page 1 with every button press on the mfd shortcut.

Getting ERS to the setting you want is like learning a whole bunch of combos in a fighting game. I almost expect a voice sample to shout "ERS SUCCESSFULLY CONFIGURED" and the screen to start flashing and fireworks playing when I finally hit the right button combination. Not to mention my nearest opponents engine exploding as a reward for my mashing skills.... 

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Getting ERS to the setting you want is like learning a whole bunch of combos in a fighting game. I almost expect a voice sample to shout "ERS SUCCESSFULLY CONFIGURED" and the screen to start flashing and fireworks playing when I finally hit the right button combination. Not to mention my nearest opponents engine exploding as a reward for my mashing skills.... 

:classic_biggrin:

The most annoying part is that i can't do it reliably because of the D-Pad on the G29. Otherwise i wouldn't mind as much...

I can confirm this happens on both F1 2018 and 2019.

I'm on xbox360 gamepad. I've bound RB and LB to ERS management and I have this annoying delay too.

7 minutes ago, D4rio said:

I can confirm this happens on both F1 2018 and 2019.

I'm on xbox360 gamepad. I've bound RB and LB to ERS management and I have this annoying delay too.

Be sure to upvote this post as this helps the developers to see the issue

• Like 2

I don't think there is a way to upvote a thread in this forum, what we can do is keep it active for as long as possible.

Meanwhile, can you change the title to include F1 2019, to make it more relevant?

Edited by D4rio

On 10/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, Hygradeb said:

We all saying it the different wheel giving use the problem when the most common thing is the game. Everyone noticed the MFD popping up b4 it register the input. 

When I try going from high to low I expect 1 action but like we all notice the 1 action becames 6. Infact I would expect any wheel that's has a dial would be quicker than buttons because the game/PS4 can't do dble tap & pressing a button twice will be slower than a roll of a finger.(🤔 Yes we do have dble press/tap the SHARE button can be set to dble press 🧐 so what can't other buttons do this in the game)

I wouldn't not say a buy but more like unthoughtful design, CM needs to remember a lot off you have been buying & playing this game 4 years & you all expect the game to keep up.

For the ones that need & use MFD then it's ok but for the ones like use that use the so called short cuts we dont need the MFD to popup.

We need if anything is the reverse, when we press say Brake Bias it should change 1st, then in the wheel display it should display the brake bias that you chose for a few seconds or until we change something else like diff or ers and not just be a quick flash, so we don't rush to look b4 it's gone.

Hell there should be a short cut to accept Jeff new strategy with a click to accept or if we go over a lap it's ignored, this button should be a double tap so we could double up on some MFD short cuts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D4rio said:

I don't think there is a way to upvote a thread in this forum, what we can do is keep it active for as long as possible.

Meanwhile, can you change the title to include F1 2019, to make it more relevant?

I think you can upvote here:

image.png.5fcb4b77f2ea490e8019f575c5186ed6.png

right next to the title, and sure i'll change it.