Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

MFD shortcut Delay F1 2018 & F1 2019

Recommended Posts

I think the main problem here is the way fuel mapping and ERS are user selectable in the game. Neither have any accuracy to real world usage for the same reasons made by OP ironically. No way would Lewis accept pressing a button 5 times in a row to incrementally increase a setting before attempting to pass. Also listen to Leclerc on the radio. He never whines that about pressing buttons he instead says please give me all available power NOW. These modes should be way less fiddly and complicated as they get in the way all the time with competitive wheel to wheel racing. You will never here F1 stewards state driver A is penalized 3 points on his superlicence for causing impact with driver B while he was preoccupied with mashing a faulty ERS selector button.... 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi @WalterOP I've merged your 2 threads as they relate to the same thing. I've passed this back onto the team. 

Thanks, it would be nice to be able to use the features codemasters included the way they intended 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I think the main problem here is the way fuel mapping and ERS are user selectable in the game. Neither have any accuracy to real world usage for the same reasons made by OP ironically. No way would Lewis accept pressing a button 5 times in a row to incrementally increase a setting before attempting to pass. Also listen to Leclerc on the radio. He never whines that about pressing buttons he instead says please give me all available power NOW. These modes should be way less fiddly and complicated as they get in the way all the time with competitive wheel to wheel racing. You will never here F1 stewards state driver A is penalized 3 points on his superlicence for causing impact with driver B while he was preoccupied with mashing a faulty ERS selector button.... 

I've quoted your post as it's nearest to what I think....

Gamers....demanding realism and immersion then wanting to shortcut the way the wheel talks to the ECU....

Only way this issue gets fixed is....input from drivers IRL. IDK what Lando or Max's opinion on this is if they've voiced it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe when drivers ask for more power, they're asking their race engineers to be able to use higher PU maps. If the eng gives the go-ahead, then the driver can switch to that mode.

 

But the point is, the driver has still to act on the wheel on his own, there is no way engine mappings are being directly issued from the box, afaik. This used to be like this many seasons ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hoo what can be done?

If you can't turn off MFD to stop the delay can you make it stay on 4 longer so it waiting for other input?

Not sure but maybe that help with the delay problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi @WalterOP I've merged your 2 threads as they relate to the same thing. I've passed this back onto the team. 

Any update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 5:01 AM, Hygradeb said:

@Hoo what can be done?

If you can't turn off MFD to stop the delay can you make it stay on 4 longer so it waiting for other input?

Not sure but maybe that help with the delay problems?

It stays open for me but if it is open it acts like it still has to open which causes the delay i think. This should be a very easy fix since you do not have the same problem with the arrowkeys when you are not using the mfd shortcuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, as mentioned previously, this has been passed on to the team but I don't have any updates regarding it at the moment. Once I have any information that I can share, I will 🙂 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would also be really useful apart from removing the delay is being able to map one button to a preset fuel and ERS mode. For example being able to press one button to instantly switch to Rich/Overtake or Lean/None. If they're going to keep the unrealistic ERS modes in the game might as well make it easier to switch between them.

 I know Codies get this feedback a lot and I'm hoping I'm not beating a dead horse here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New patch out and it's still an issue.

Any update from the dev team ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @RedDevilKT and @Hoo,

I've recently decided to buy f1 2019, looks amazing, feels amazing, only sadly, this bug is not fixed. I've recently started playing much more, like most people I think, with things like the virtual GP and things like that. The bug is exactly the same as in f1 2018. It takes exactly the amount of time to open up the mfd before you can change the ers again. It really destroys the flow of the game to keep looking at the mfd to check if I did or did not change my ers mode...

Is there any way I can contribute myself, I'm still a student but have some experience in coding and would like to help anywhere possible.

Kind regards

WalterOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OMG yeah guys this is such a big issue for me. By far the best work around I have found (at least for pad) are the two following methods.

1. Elite Series 2 Controller (will probably work on the original elite too) In the normal control options change up and down on the MDF from d pad up and d pad down to right stick up and right stick down. Then in controller accessories map two of your back paddles to whatever you have MDF left and right set to.

2. Method two is the same as some of you guys said. Completely map d pad to the right stick.

3. The third option is just put up with the input lag and have your favoured shortcuts on and hope it gets fixed on the new game. 

I haven't decided which I am settling for as they all have drawbacks.

 

 

Edited by HeroOfTime91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI everyone,

Just an update on this one. It is now with developers for consideration for improvement for future titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL,

That's nice to hear, however, does this mean that it will only get fixed in newer games and we'll just have to buy them and hope it will be fixed? Or is there any way this bug will still get fixed in f1 2018 and f1 2019? I get that the team is very busy with the next release of the game and not a lot of time can be put into working on bugs of the older games. Again, if there is any way I can help to get this issue resolved, I would really like to. As I would rather spend many hours debugging code compared to driving with something that really bothers me that much.

Kind regards

WalterOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @WalterOP,

At the current time, this change is not in our plans for F1 2018 or F1 2019.

It is something in consideration for F1 2020 and, at this moment in time, released details on the game are limited. I'd recommend staying in touch with official channels with new features and additions in the run up to the launch of the new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL,

Okay but it is not really a new feature or addition, the mfd shortcuts have been around for at least 2 years. I just dont want to buy the new game and be dissapointed. I'm pretty much holding off buying the f1 fanatec wheel because I won't be able to use all the buttons normally.

Since there are no plans for this change in f1 2018 and 2019, is there still any way that someone else, besides the codemasters dev team, would be able to take a look at the code for the mfd shortcuts, albeit a snippet of code, to try and figure out what could cause this behaviour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WalterOP said:

Hi @BarryBL,

Okay but it is not really a new feature or addition, the mfd shortcuts have been around for at least 2 years. I just dont want to buy the new game and be dissapointed. I'm pretty much holding off buying the f1 fanatec wheel because I won't be able to use all the buttons normally.

Since there are no plans for this change in f1 2018 and 2019, is there still any way that someone else, besides the codemasters dev team, would be able to take a look at the code for the mfd shortcuts, albeit a snippet of code, to try and figure out what could cause this behaviour?

Hi @WalterOP,

I appreciate the enthusiasm, however this is something we would not feel comfortable to disclose. Any information on how we build a game would remain with Codemasters staff for all sorts of legal and intellectual rights reasons etc.

My best advice at this time is to stay tuned and see what comes. I'm hoping that we have some more to show everyone with 2020 in due time, but I cannot disclose any more on anything new at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL,

That's very understandable. F1 2020 will be without a doubt be a great release based on the information that is out already.

Thanks for your time and replying this quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×