Jump to content Jump to content

Cockpit View in Grid


Buckwilder

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the seating position while in cockpit view can be adjusted as is the case in Dirt Rally? I will be playing with a wheel...and so I hope there is an option to get closer to the dash and adjust the position to preference. The ‘dash cam’ is too close/zoomed IMO, and cuts out the visibility to all the eye candy of the dashboard on the cars (which look to be beautifully rendered). Can anyone confirm if there is adjustability in this regard or are there just preset values?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jesped said:

There is no reason it shouldn't be available on consoles too.

They did not offer that on consoles in DiRT Rally 2.0, because of hardware limitations...was and is still only a PC feature. So to that end, I have my doubts as to whether console users will be able to enjoy that adjustability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

Thanks for the replies guys. So the FOV parameter - is this only available on PC, or consoles as well?

I'm on Xbox One X and it's present there 👍🏻

There's also an interior camera position similar to the Dashcam from DiRT Rally games 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In one CM racing game you can adjust the seat position in the next game not. One has a photo mode all the other ones not. Its such a PITA 😄

CM games would be so much better if there were some consistency through their games.

I mean how hard can it be to understand what race game drivers want and need ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, Buckwilder said:

Does anyone know if the seating position while in cockpit view can be adjusted as is the case in Dirt Rally? I will be playing with a wheel...and so I hope there is an option to get closer to the dash and adjust the position to preference. The ‘dash cam’ is too close/zoomed IMO, and cuts out the visibility to all the eye candy of the dashboard on the cars (which look to be beautifully rendered). Can anyone confirm if there is adjustability in this regard or are there just preset values?

FOV parameters now exist in GRID across all platforms, similar to the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience. There's also a dash-cam as well as a cockpit cam for every single car in the game

🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 5:32 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

FOV parameters now exist in GRID across all platforms, similar to the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience. There's also a dash-cam as well as a cockpit cam for every single car in the game

🙂

Downloaded the game last night - it is fantastic by all accounts! I do wish we had the ability to adjust seat position though, as the cockpit view is too far away for me playing with a wheel. The dashboard cam is cool, but then I miss out on the dash and visual appeal of ‘sitting in the drivers seat’. 

Do you think a future update will provide the ability to move the seat up a little closer? This in concert with the FOV adjustability would make the whole experience a slam dunk!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buckwilder said:

Downloaded the game last night - it is fantastic by all accounts! I do wish we had the ability to adjust seat position though, as the cockpit view is too far away for me playing with a wheel. The dashboard cam is cool, but then I miss out on the dash and visual appeal of ‘sitting in the drivers seat’. 

Do you think a future update will provide the ability to move the seat up a little closer? This in concert with the FOV adjustability would make the whole experience a slam dunk!!

We've got a new thread on here for you all to suggest future content for GRID, so please drop your thoughts into there 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...