Sign in to follow this  

Windshield wipers engaging randomly

Just got DR2 and it's really great, but what totally breaks immersion for me is windshield wipers engaging randomly with single wipe.

I have windshield wipers set to manual.

It seems like a bug to me, but if it is feature, it's really bad one. Every time it wipes the screen out of nowhere, I get pulled out of the game...

Is there any way to disable it / fix it on my side or is it something developers must address?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rom95380 said:

Ah I thought I was the only one ahah

I'm interested about the answer too !

It might look like a little issue, but for me it's really irritating as it makes me feel I don't have full control of the car. I'm trying to make my peace with it, but it's real immersion breaker for me every time it happens. :classic_angry:

don't worry guys. It irritated us in DR1, D4... still irritating in DR2. despite we are asking for the change for years.

They actually stopped respond on this request (of removing useless feature) 

I have a feeling that if CM could they would add random wipers into F1 series.

So... don't expect any change.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I have feeling that if CM could they would add random wipers into F1 series.

🤣😂😀

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 21 seconds before submitting.

I wonder how much time it would take to add another option semi-auto to windscreen wiper setting, which would be current random wipes and the manual would be truly manual.

Other than this, I'm really enjoying it.

Just hope I will manage to get used to it over time...

Isn't this completely intentional?  I always assumed it was cleaning dust/dirt from the windscreen as it builds up through the stage.  You have to do this manually in WRC8.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Isn't this completely intentional?  I always assumed it was cleaning dust/dirt from the windscreen as it builds up through the stage.  You have to do this manually in WRC8.

I have set option in menu for windscreen wipers to manual - I expect to have full control over it and not that it randomly does it for you. There is other setting auto for windscreen wipers where this behaviour would make sense.

• Agree 1

@PJTierney Could we get a clarification on this? Is it intentional or not?

If it's not intentional then surely it needs to be fixed. If it is intentional then turning automatic wipers off should turn it off, no? Manual wipers surely should mean you have full control of wipers, which is not the case at the moment.

• Agree 1

sometimes random on, but sometimes they don't work then you push on or stops working (in some sectors, restart stage and do same thing same place) - they have own mind 😄 maybe scared from my driving... but still their mind little annoying..

Edited by Fregis

Yep. In addition to constantly going on for no reason, sometimes they will stop working in rain and don't go on again by pressing the button. Changing them to automatic gets them working again, and tbh might as well keep them that way since you can't have them real manual.

SMS seem to be capable of the miraculous feat of getting windshield wipers to work, so maybe Codies could get some help from there

I'm quite sure this is an auto wiper feature that was left to auto on by design.   Hope they kill it in 2020.   I guess the logic is : "how can you enable intermittent / smart wipers or even know they exist if they only enable once in a while, so lets leave them on by default"

Or something crazy like that. 🙂