Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

CRs system. How does it work ?

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I have sold two cars and got 0 money from the sale. I was like .. what ? I dont know if this is glitch of the servers or it is normal that you sell some cars and get nothing back ?

So how is the CR system working ? 

You get CRs from events winning only in Career mode and with Rally and Rally Cross also Daily and monthly challenges (I guess). Can you get CRs from winning championships in Clubs ?  

Is there a way to buy CRs ? I'd really love to ....

@PJTierney

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DLC cars that unlock automatically in career (which is utterly illogical, the career has a progression system that goes down the toilet with the instant unlocks and extra money) give you 0 credits when you sell them. The cars you buy give you most of their price back when you sell them. You get a lot of cr just by completing events, without winning. You get more by winning ofc, but it's not required to earn credits.

You actually want to buy something you get by just playing the game? I cannot even. Microtransactions have well and truly ruined this generation of players. I remember when playing games was considered entertainment, not some tedious chore that you hate so much that you want to pay to avoid doing it. And no sane person would think cheats would be bought with real world money.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

The DLC cars that unlock automatically in career (which is utterly illogical, the career has a progression system that goes down the toilet with the instant unlocks and extra money) give you 0 credits when you sell them. The cars you buy give you most of their price back when you sell them. You get a lot of cr just by completing events, without winning. You get more by winning ofc, but it's not required to earn credits.

You actually want to buy something you get by just playing the game? I cannot even. Microtransactions have well and truly ruined this generation of players. I remember when playing games was considered entertainment, not some tedious chore that you hate so much that you want to pay to avoid doing it. And no sane person would think cheats would be bought with real world money.

Wait .. are you basically telling me that if I sold a DLC car I cannot have it back unlocked in Career ? Are you kidding me ? Really ?
What do I have to do ? Buy it again ? I am very confused man
 

Basically you sell the car for 0 and if you want it back you have to buy it with CRs ? It does not make sense. At least let me rebuy that for 0 .......

Edited by koog2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

Wait .. are you basically telling me that if I sold a DLC car I cannot have it back unlocked in Career ? Are you kidding me ? Really ?
What do I have to do ? Buy it again ? I am very confused man
 

Basically you sell the car for 0 and if you want it back you have to buy it with CRs ? It does not make sense. At least let me rebuy that for 0 .......

Of course you can unlock the cars, by buying them from the car shop with credits. That is how you unlock cars in career mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

Of course you can unlock the cars, by buying them from the car shop with credits. That is how you unlock cars in career mode.

But this is very stupid. Sorry but if I sell for 0 I should be able to buy it for 0 too ? Otherwise let me sell it for its value ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

You can reset career I guess.

True ! I really might do that actually ! Thanks !

Edited by koog2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, koog2003 said:

But this is very stupid. Sorry but if I sell for 0 I should be able to buy it for 0 too ? Otherwise let me sell it for its value ......

you have it backwards. some cars (deluxe edition bonuses like Stratos, Quattro, 95 Impreza, 911 RGT DLC cars like >2000cc, Group B RWD classes) are given to you for free. those give you 0cr for selling them, because you got them for free. if you could sell them for credits, that would be giving you money for nothing. 

in my opinion they shouldn't give you those cars for free in career mode (I have played the game a lot and have nothing to spend money on anymore), but that can be easily fixed by selling them again.

as Hoksuhoo said, you get a lot of credits from doing Weekly/Monthly events and in career mode. it's designed to allow you to buy everything eventually.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ianism said:

you have it backwards. some cars (deluxe edition bonuses like Stratos, Quattro, 95 Impreza, 911 RGT DLC cars like >2000cc, Group B RWD classes) are given to you for free. those give you 0cr for selling them, because you got them for free. if you could sell them for credits, that would be giving you money for nothing. 

in my opinion they shouldn't give you those cars for free in career mode (I have played the game a lot and have nothing to spend money on anymore), but that can be easily fixed by selling them again.

as Hoksuhoo said, you get a lot of credits from doing Weekly/Monthly events and in career mode. it's designed to allow you to buy everything eventually.

@ianism you get a lot of credits if you WIN the weekly/monthly events not just for participating in that. Because it is basically impossible to win the challenges that is not a possible source of CRs. 

Regarding this I saw crazy stuff in the leaderboards. Now you tell me how is it possible the first one in the ranking is like 5 seconds faster or more than the second time. These cant be legit these are cheaters clearly.

Currently my best achievement is 55 in the world on a stage in Sweden (ÄLGSJÖN SPRINT) Group A, and this is the fastest run I could possibly do. I can accept of course there is plenty of better players but it is physically impossible to do the time of the first guy in the ranks. 

Edited by koog2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ianism said:

if you could sell them for credits, that would be giving you money for nothing.

Yes, kind of like the credit drops you get as deluxe/super deluxe player. CM's inconsistency is pretty baffling, maybe they should make their minds up about how the career mode works. Do players unlock cars with credits they earned by playing, or do cars unlock automatically and you get credits without playing? Do you start a career broke with only Fulvia and Corsa and then work your way up, or do you start career with 20+ cars and 1.6 million so you start career with whatever car you want? It's no wonder players are confused.

 

12 minutes ago, ianism said:

it's designed to allow you to buy everything eventually.

Even without the instant unlocks and cash drops you can buy cars faster than you can drive them. What players should remember is this is a DRIVING simulator, unlocking dozens of cars is pointless if you don't drive them. And by drive I mean drive the same car a lot, not just do a daily or two. With all DLC this game has an enormous amount of cars, you'd need to play for hundreds and hundreds of hours to drive most (let alone all) of them any meaningful amount, so I wouldn't worry too much about unlocking every car in career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Yes, kind of like the credit drops you get as deluxe/super deluxe player. CM's inconsistency is pretty baffling, maybe they should make their minds up about how the career mode works. Do players unlock cars with credits they earned by playing, or do cars unlock automatically and you get credits without playing? Do you start a career broke with only Fulvia and Corsa and then work your way up, or do you start career with 20+ cars and 1.6 million so you start career with whatever car you want? It's no wonder players are confused.

 

Even without the instant unlocks and cash drops you can buy cars faster than you can drive them. What players should remember is this is a DRIVING simulator, unlocking dozens of cars is pointless if you don't drive them. And by drive I mean drive the same car a lot, not just do a daily or two. With all DLC this game has an enormous amount of cars, you'd need to play for hundreds and hundreds of hours to drive most (let alone all) of them any meaningful amount, so I wouldn't worry too much about unlocking every car in career.

To be honest man (and this is my personal opinion) on the dozen of cars I enjoy driving just few and those are:

Group A

Lancia Delta HF Integrale
Subaru Impreza 

R5 

Ford Fiesta R5
peugeot 208 R5
Polo GTI R5

RX 

All the super cars.

Frankly I find the others either way too slow or unable to handle the road properly. One example over all is the Porsche GT-R. It feels like driving on dry ice lol come on it is totally unrealistic. As soon as you slightly touch the gas it turns on itself. So does the Opel Ascona btw inexplicably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

As soon as you slightly touch the gas it turns on itself

Nope, that sounds like a porsche. The second the tail steps out you're going to go in circles :classic_laugh:

Honestly though I find most of the older cars to be way more fun to drop in and drive around. They all have so much more character than anything modern and all have to be driven in their own unique ways to go fast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike Dee said:

Nope, that sounds like a porsche. The second the tail steps out you're going to go in circles :classic_laugh:

Honestly though I find most of the older cars to be way more fun to drop in and drive around. They all have so much more character than anything modern and all have to be driven in their own unique ways to go fast.

I appreciate that too but they are slow ! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, koog2003 said:

@ianism you get a lot of credits if you WIN the weekly/monthly events not just for participating in that. Because it is basically impossible to win the challenges that is not a possible source of CRs. 

Regarding this I saw crazy stuff in the leaderboards. Now you tell me how is it possible the first one in the ranking is like 5 seconds faster or more than the second time. These cant be legit these are cheaters clearly.

Currently my best achievement is 55 in the world on a stage in Sweden (ÄLGSJÖN SPRINT) Group A, and this is the fastest run I could possibly do. I can accept of course there is plenty of better players but it is physically impossible to do the time of the first guy in the ranks. 

what? no. that is utter nonsense. like, actual non sense.

first of all. no, credit payout differences aren't that big. here's a Daily Challenge example (screenshot below). the top player will get 50k. the worst player in Tier 1 (top 10%) get 46.5k. the best Tier 4 players (bottom 25%) gets 35k. that's not a big difference. if you want, you can start an event (weekly, monthly or daily), retire after like 200m and not drive any more in the event(s), and you'll still get a good chunk of the Tier 4 rewards. doing this is a kind of cheap/bad way to get cash, as you don't have to do much, and you don't even spend any money on repairs. but it exists.

in addition, you get a cash bonus for completing the event (so, retiring means you lose this bonus). in daily events it's only a few thousand credits, but in weekly and monthly challenges it is anywhere from around 50k to 100k credits per event (ie, per country you did a bunch of stages in). everyone gets the same amount (it's based on the #km driven in the event). you get that when you finish the event, and then you get the credits based on which tier you are in at the end of the day/week/month.

look, I've gone from someone who was mid- to low-tier 3 to one who regularly gets in Tier 2. I have all the team upgrades, every car I want (upgraded fully and with full engine upgrades), and 5 million credits left over that I do not know what to do with. but I don't have that much cash because of how much better I am than when I started. I have it because I've played this game like 380 hours since it came out. put the time in, and the cash will come.

for me, the problem in My Team is that everything is buyable from the beginning (other than engine upgrades) so there's a lot of expensive stuff to spend the money on, so when you are starting you feel like you're always poor, and then you eventually get to the point where there's nothing to do but drive events and spend money on repairs and watch the credits pile up. it's kind of a weird (broken?) progression system.

20190612023009_1.thumb.jpg.20f027b4ee88db18610cde0ea14a841e.jpg

 

second, your assertion that it's because of cheaters is silly. yeah, time gaps are big towards the top of the community challenge leaderboards. but there just aren't as many players who are that good, and one mistake by someone competing for the top means they can fall several seconds behind. not every pro player does every community challenge and you only get one shot: it's not the world series where people are practising for weeks to get perfect runs.

on the other end of the skill scale, there are tons of players who are competent, but not pro. so if I make a mistake and lose 5 seconds, I'll also lose like 20 places in the rankings because there are waaaaay more players at about my skill level. so no, there's no cheating really, though there have been a couple people getting negative times and such.

11 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Yes, kind of like the credit drops you get as deluxe/super deluxe player. CM's inconsistency is pretty baffling, maybe they should make their minds up about how the career mode works. Do players unlock cars with credits they earned by playing, or do cars unlock automatically and you get credits without playing? Do you start a career broke with only Fulvia and Corsa and then work your way up, or do you start career with 20+ cars and 1.6 million so you start career with whatever car you want? It's no wonder players are confused.

Even without the instant unlocks and cash drops you can buy cars faster than you can drive them. What players should remember is this is a DRIVING simulator, unlocking dozens of cars is pointless if you don't drive them. And by drive I mean drive the same car a lot, not just do a daily or two. With all DLC this game has an enormous amount of cars, you'd need to play for hundreds and hundreds of hours to drive most (let alone all) of them any meaningful amount, so I wouldn't worry too much about unlocking every car in career.

still banging on about this, eh? those who got the DLC got a bunch of free stuff. those who didn't, don't. it's really not a big deal lol. if you don't want to start with all those advantages, get rid of them, or reset the career. you can do that now. just because you're unhappy about how it was done doesn't mean other people are. I don't see how you think it means CM is inconsistent. the logic connecting these things is just nonexistent.

as to the second point, well yeah, exactly. playing the game for hundreds of hours is exactly the point. each car is unique and take time to get comfortable with. if you want to do that with all of them that is going to take time. you're pretty new to this game. there are plenty of people who have put 600+ hours into this game already. that's enough to drive every single car in the game several hours each. 

on the other hand, no, absolutely not. sure, it's a driving game, these are almost always deliberately open-ended so that you can try all the different vehicles in the game. if you weren't, what would be the point of getting licenses for them all? people can play however they damn well like. if they want to have 100 cars that they use once each, that's their choice. if they want to have just one that they drive for 1000km, that's fine too. it's a game. chill out.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wouldn't I be banging on about it when the problem still exists? I did get rid of them, but it's still pretty illogical game design to me. You don't see how CM are inconsistent? They have a career mode where you start with nothing, get money by playing events, unlock cars by credits you earned by playing events, except if you are a deluxe player, then you get money without playing (" that would be giving you money for nothing "), lots of cars unlock for free, and you can start career with 20 cars and 1.6 million. That's like textbook definition of inconsistent.

I don't think you got my point. OP being worried about credits is needless considering how forgiving the cr system is, you can buy new cars fasters than you can properly drive them and that doesn't require much besides completing events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Why wouldn't I be banging on about it when the problem still exists? I did get rid of them, but it's still pretty illogical game design to me. You don't see how CM are inconsistent? They have a career mode where you start with nothing, get money by playing events, unlock cars by credits you earned by playing events, except if you are a deluxe player, then you get money without playing (" that would be giving you money for nothing "), lots of cars unlock for free, and you can start career with 20 cars and 1.6 million. That's like textbook definition of inconsistent.

I don't think you got my point. OP being worried about credits is needless considering how forgiving the cr system is, you can buy new cars fasters than you can properly drive them and that doesn't require much besides completing events.

lol oh I get your point. it's just incorrect.

that's not inconsistency. there are extra unlocks for certain players that buy DLC. it's a system that gives you a few bonuses for spending money on extra content. that's a business model, not a problem with "consistency".

so it seems your issue with this is that you have more cars and cash than you know what to do with which means you feel pushed into owning everything simply because you have so much already. but like... it's a game. a very open-ended one. as I said in my previous post, you can do whatever the hell you want. if you want to drive just one car until you've gotten used to it, then do that. if you don't want some of the cars you were gifted or that you bought, sell them. I've played almost 400 hours and only driven that 911 RGT about 30km. I sold the Stratos after driving it once, and only bought it back again 2 weeks ago. if you have too much cash, let it sit, use it on cars, upgrade them and then sell them for less money. there are many easy solutions to your "problem" because it's a very open-ended game. it's not pushing you in any direction. that push comes from inside of you. I study psychology, trust me 😉 

 

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×