Sign in to follow this  

Real Rally times an Dirt Rally 2 times

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, have you got an idea of how real rally times with real drivers and real cars compare to the times you make in Dirt Rally 2 ? Are they close and realistic or there is a world of difference ? 

Also can someone explain me why in Sweden rally the name of the stages is different compared to the real stages names ? 

Look at this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Rally_Sweden#World_Rally_Cars

Edited by koog2003

When I saw the fastest gameplays it felt very artificial and mostly like not rally at all 😄 So I don't think so. And without real damage system, it's not comparable at all.

Posted (edited)

AFAIK from the few comparisons I have seen DR2.0 is a little faster, it has more grip, better acceleration etc.  But, I don't personally have any data to present on it.  TBH I haven't spent time checking this as it's more fun to drive.

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1

As long as you try to drive like you would IRL I'd say it's fairly realistic but if you start to chase world records and watch the replays it's fairly evident you can abuse the grip levels too much. Add that you know every single inch of the stage and infinite retries, the end result that end up on YouTube will not look all that realistic. 

When it comes to stage names its a matter of possible license problems as well as they don't use the whole stage and break it up, hence they have to name the broken up parts. 

• Like 2

i'm not sure about grip levels... people like to think games got more grip than IRL
(It' DR but anyone can make another comparison video about the same section.) it seems the grip is pretty equal, sometimes IRL rally car is faster than the player who recorded his run for this video

• Like 2

From what I've seen the actual inputs in the first Dirt Rally are closer to reality than Dirt Rally 2.0. The first Dirt Rally though, has some glaringly obvious flaws that are fixed in 2.0.