Sign in to follow this  

Why manufacturers don't use ingame billboards for real commercials?

I remember year 2009. I was playing RD GRID online. An I swear I saw on Milan track billboards with new apocaliptic movie of Vin Diesel! I don't know was it some kind of mod (it was online racing) or was it made by developers themselves. But since that time I was wondering why manufacturers missed so potential place for ads?

Placing commercials in such games like racing with many billboards could be such a useful thing! It is a great place for advertising, it will bring developers extra money to improve the game and players will get more immersion with real world!

Yesterday I was working with that funny mod that replaces WSR ads in GRID2 with GRID posters and remembered this idea again. If I saw on that big displays some ads like NIVEA FOR MEN or so - **** I'd buy it instantly coz it was in GRID! :classic_laugh:

It seems to me interesting topic to discuss, so since our favourite theme is closed till release, let's chat about it. What is your attitude to in-game commercials? Maybe if Codies put somesing like this in the game, Mercedes would let them crash their cars? :classic_laugh:

1528331888_Untitled-2.png.0ea5b752e76309c7acde50f59f8e706b.png

If this thread is off-topic - I don't mind if moderators remove it to the correct section.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1

Well I don't know how many more sales for example XITE would get from being in GRID 19, so most likely companies don't really want to pay something they know nothing about.

I remember something about sausages in the 2008 Grid, .. Donnington I think ! Never checked If it was real. Im pretty sure every now and then a real ad popped up trackside in that edition of Grid.