Jump to content Jump to content

Ultrawide support, Codies show UWA some love! [GRID 2019]

KryptikGER

New ultrawide 21:9 or even wider 32:9 monitors were designed mainly for racing games, immersion they give perfectly increases sense of speed, it is a waste not to offer full support for it.

Game detects wider resolution like 3440x1440 or 5180x1440 but:
-lack of FOV slider (*except for cockpit view)
-no HUD customization, all dials placed in center
makes it barely usable.

Without FOV option each view is stretched, with HUD elements placed in random places its a mess. So as for now game is designed only for classic 16:9.

Hope to see some updates soon, thanks.

Thanks a lot! Indeed HUD elements are not in good positions, but this is fixable I am sure. Fortunately the rendering is fine, I agree. But indeed we need a FOV adjustment for external cameras, although dash cam looks very good to me, will be probably using that one also with a wider monitor.

I have a Samsung C49RG90 and i'm having FOV issues to.

The FOV from the cockpit view is too large, making the steering wheel way too small

The FOV from the dashcam is too close and not adjustable either. 

Would love to have seat adjustment to (up/down + backwards/forwards)

My HUD is also in the middle of the screen

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this is a high jack question, but I think it's somewhat related to the ultra wide HUD issue. I'm using a triple monitor setup (5760x1920) and speedometer and maps are on the outer edges of my monitor. It would be nice if there's an option to center the HUD so that's it's in the middle monitor only. Right now with triples it's hard to glance at the speedometer or map. Will there be an option to allow us to adjust the HUD? 

Archived