Jump to content

Grid 2019 IS EPIC CONGRATS You Guys!

Recommended Posts

Hi all apologies for the caps in the title but dam it is amazingly great game.  Big congrats to every one involved with the game. GOOD JOB CODIE'S

I have to add the first 30 minutes of the game has been brilliant and butter smooth, 2 tiny tiny hick'ups, the game loaded full screen but not completely in the "full screen" with a margin of 20 pixels up and left so the desktop was visible but,. it then righted its self. (probably my computer more than anything) and i was getting a lot of FPS drops, again simple tweaks to the options was all it took, ( you can do this straight from the first race, for anyone reading this before playing the game) I am surprised there isn't an Nvidia Driver release for it yet tho? 

3 Key Points and a few facts

1. game works with out issues first go! (this is a major achievement) 

2. the game also recognises multiple cores and threads! Huge! i remember my breakthrough of  re-coding the text files every game to accept more that 2 cores and all the extra tweaks. (this probably wont stop me playing with the text files hehe)

3. OH MAN this is alot more sim then Arcade! and V8 Supercars are BACK !!! AAAAAAAAHHHH O M G

Facts, it is using an 8 core 16 threads at 3.3+ ghz  near max 95%+ load and iv currently got a GTX980 running 92% load AND ! yes the game is sitting on an avg of 11gb ramm (ddr4 2133), the game is running in High with a few options on medium / low. see the attached screen grab, the game is running in a window at 2560x1440  running on a one of two 4K UHD monitors. to give you an idea of Gpu load out of game. 

Anyway.. happy gaming all. and mainly just wanted to share my excitement, joy and big thanks to you Codie's. its been along time coming and Huge Congrats !

 

Drayke!  

I am Sure i will make videos about the game in the next few days !  i wounder if i am still on the content creators list these days? if it still exists..

 

Grid 2019 Current Setup @Sgtdrayke.jpg

Grid 2019 V8 Supercars @Sgtdrayke .jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First impressions:

Negatives:
-Online sucks, add lobbys etc. asap or this game will be stillborn. No lobbies no voting no join a game only random or invite friend. At this stage no pen for ramming  or cheating really either.
-Handling different...not sure if in a good way - lack of feel compared to GAS.
-AI OK but could be better

Positives:
-Looks great compared to GAS
-New challenge to drive and understand the handling.

Improve the multiplayer ASAP plz codies.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing on the Vanilla ps4, first hour. No hickups, just cheer enjoyment.

This game should be called grin, cause thats what I sit and do after each race.

Now back to the race 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree on first impressions I give it a solid 8.5/10 for me. (PC)

The fantastic audio, the immersion and game play is very intense on the harder levels. The controller feel and steering is great even has the rumble triggers working on my xbox one controller. The physics feel great heading more towards a sim.

Playing it at 4K 60FPS it does look a step up and next gen with 90% of the game looking so detailed. The car interior textures, lighting, windscreen dust, reflections and building details are so good. Some times of day look stunning, especially day, night and rain.

Most trees I stopped at to look at were very detailed but there a few trees, rocks and shadows as mentioned that are not perfect and I will take a closer look later but in all honesty when playing at 100mph with cars tailgating you really do not notice. 

The city tracks seem to have the best detail for me. Overall I am really pleased with it but there are some improvements that could be made but isn't there in every game and with the new threads being made I am sure some of them will get fixed. I am just pleased after so many years missing arcade racers that there is another 'fun' pick up and play game out there that I enjoy. Well done Codies/Grid Team 👍

I mean look at this cockpit detail, lighting and audio from this video I posted earlier (so much better than Grid AS!) it is on a different level.

 

Edit: I also forgot to say that part of this score goes to how well the game is optimised on day one for my PC as it runs so smooth and every setting works and I have tried most now. I lost count how many other games racing and RPG that need many patches to run. I went straight to full ultra settings. 😍

 

Edited by torque99uk
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi all, Apologies for not replying sooner, was racing.

 

@MooRacer , i get what you mean, I generally stay away from racing games online unless i want a session of rammers or some idiot players. it is kinda inevitable. I dont think online has ever really been Grids strong point because of so many challenging features and the politics behind it all.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:26 AM, MooRacer said:

First impressions:

Negatives:
-Online sucks, add lobbys etc. asap or this game will be stillborn. No lobbies no voting no join a game only random or invite friend. At this stage no pen for ramming  or cheating really either.
-Handling different...not sure if in a good way - lack of feel compared to GAS.
-AI OK but could be better

Positives:
-Looks great compared to GAS
-New challenge to drive and understand the handling.

Improve the multiplayer ASAP plz codies.

 

I do differ on the handling point, it is a huge difference from all of the other games with the exception of some of the dirt titles, to go from a v8 supercar, to a stock or Pro Gt, they feel and respond very different and you will have to adjust to drive them, be it braking style, aggressive with acceleration or even how you are with steering, unlike GAS (grid auto sport?) you cant just steer right tap the break, drop down a gear and steer left getting the car into a power slide and glide round the corner, this game is a whole new beast my friend.  

I would go as far as to say that Grid is definitively more Sim than Arcade now. 

@Grimstreaker999 awesome, i have had a few races where iv actually had to push so hard in the race against the op. a great feeling. 

@torque99uk good read, with the 2080ti, how are you finding usage and temps at ultra? what cpu and memory are you running?  even on an 8 core 16 thread with 32gb of ram, my system is at 70% cpu load with avg 10gb of ram, my 980 is around the 90% mark, and im running it of a SataIII 6gb ssd (Secondary) , i have had to reduce the crowds and surrounding detail. 

And agree on the game out of the box, said it in my first piece, and il say it again, the past games Grid and Dirt all had to have their Setup Files tweaked to run, even in some case to simply load, this title has just worked. it is a HUGE step in the right direction for CodeMasters, 

@lastbreath CRT's can have that effect. 

I think there is more that could be done, but the game is young, and dlc, patches and all the rest will add to the game, I just hope codie's dont just focus on the online side, but also provide for the single player community as well. 

 

All the best peeps

Drayke

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some background: Xbox 1 X and Logitech G920 Wheel/Peddles. New to GRID, long time Forza Player (FM5-6-7, FH2-3-4).

With only a couple hours of play in, so far, so good. 

 

As a noob to GRID I have a couple of questions maybe you guys can help me with…

How do you change the liveries?  I currently only have GRID Edition Cars, maybe those can’t be changed?

In a race, is there a way to quit? Leave in the middle of a race?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What graphical settings does the Xbox One X use when displaying the game in 1080p?  

Is everything on high?  Or does it look the same on both versions of the Xbox? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 3:47 PM, SourceCodeError said:

Some background: Xbox 1 X and Logitech G920 Wheel/Peddles. New to GRID, long time Forza Player (FM5-6-7, FH2-3-4).

 

 

With only a couple hours of play in, so far, so good. 

 

 

 

As a noob to GRID I have a couple of questions maybe you guys can help me with…

 

How do you change the liveries?  I currently only have GRID Edition Cars, maybe those can’t be changed?

 

In a race, is there a way to quit? Leave in the middle of a race?

 

Changing liveries -  If its a Grid edition car,  I dont think you can.   The other cars you can press X to customise your livery.   Player profile - Garage - find your car.   The liveries look like they were all done by the local primary school.   Plus they are just a cut n paste from previous games.   

If you want to quit, thats easy,  same as any other game.   START (button with 3 lines on it)  then quit. 

Edited by ThatsJustFlukey
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 8:49 AM, Grimstreaker999 said:

Playing on the Vanilla ps4, first hour. No hickups, just cheer enjoyment.

This game should be called grin, cause thats what I sit and do after each race.

Now back to the race 

Same here, iam having a real good time playing Grid my agenda is totaly ruined, cant stop playing :p

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, torque99uk said:

I have to agree on first impressions I give it a solid 8.5/10 for me. (PC)

The fantastic audio, the immersion and game play is very intense on the harder levels. The controller feel and steering is great even has the rumble triggers working on my xbox one controller. The physics feel great heading more towards a sim.

Playing it at 4K 60FPS it does look a step up and next gen with 90% of the game looking so detailed. The car interior textures, lighting, windscreen dust, reflections and building details are so good. Some times of day look stunning, especially day, night and rain.

Most trees I stopped at to look at were very detailed but there a few trees, rocks and shadows as mentioned that are not perfect and I will take a closer look later but in all honesty when playing at 100mph with cars tailgating you really do not notice. 

The city tracks seem to have the best detail for me. Overall I am really pleased with it but there are some improvements that could be made but isn't there in every game and with the new threads being made I am sure some of them will get fixed. I am just pleased after so many years missing arcade racers that there is another 'fun' pick up and play game out there that I enjoy. Well done Codies/Grid Team 👍

I mean look at this cockpit detail, lighting and audio from this video I posted earlier (so much better than Grid AS!) it is on a different level.

 

Edit: I also forgot to say that part of this score goes to how well the game is optimised on day one for my PC as it runs so smooth and every setting works and I have tried most now. I lost count how many other games racing and RPG that need many patches to run. I went straight to full ultra settings. 😍

 

Very impressive, Game looks brilliant graphically. Brilliant cockpit details. 

Those lights should be poppin in HDR, Going to pick this up once i have finished RE2 and Wreckfest. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×