F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Error mesagge -GRID 2019

CONFIRMED , its a CPU Issue .

Some CPU Models Seems To Suffer With Game

i had the (illegal instructions error) and CTD with both Grid.exe and griddx12.exe

my CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1100T On Windows 10 64bit , 32GB DDR3 , RX580 .

Today I Bought AMD FX 8350 and Baaam The Game Stats and works like a charm !

i dont know if this is a bug or they meant for us to get rid of the old CPUs 

• Agree 2

this game wont run in my macbook pro 2017. Already runs smooth on dirt titles

CPU : i7 7700hq

GPU : Radeon pro 555

Ram : DDR3 16gb 1033 mhz dram

OS    : Windows 10 18362.418

first it says the mentioned violation. After that i click send crash report. At the second attempt, the game simply wont launch without any warning

This laptop is already running on amd only, no intel hd mode

Edited by putr4

The game would not load, just a black screen, had to use task manager to abort.

Windows 10 Pro 1903 (build 18362.418)

CPU: i7-8700K 3.70

GPU: Nvidia GTX 960

Ram: 16 gb DDR4 3000Mhz

Edited by GUIN

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, Deliuk said:

Hi @ChrisGrovesMCM

Can you please provide us an update on how your investigation is going?

Deli

Further investigations taking place today with the team as we meet later on for an update. All the information above is bound to help so keep it coming!

Thanks 🙂

• Agree 1

Here is the error I get. I don't even get to any splash screen. It just ges black then throws out the error.

GTX 1080 ti

Intel 8600k

16 GB 3000mhz DDR4

Grid 2019 error.jpg

Edited by Cleanfader

Disable steam overlay, and turn off discord. Was the same way on autosport.

This was my cure.

Edited by Homicidal

36 minutes ago, Cleanfader said:

Here is the error I get. I don't even get to any splash screen. It just ges black then throws out the error.

GTX 1080 ti

Intel 8600k

16 GB 3000mhz DDR4

Grid 2019 error.jpg

Couple of results on google relating to this library seems to be pointing to a joypad/controller devices having dodgy drivers installed or misconfiguration somewhere.

A couple of solutions here;

https://www.google.com/search?q=ezfrd64.dll&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB773GB773&oq=ezfrd64.dll&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.5727j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

Halfway through a livestream got this AGAIN!!!

Full PC Build:
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE (Hybrid Cooled)
Windows 10 64bit (1903 build 18362.388)
Nvidia Driver - 436.51

Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.14 - 17.39.22.75.jpg

Same problem here, but when I start the game it starts on the secondary monitor that is connected to the video card with HDMI, while the main one is connected with the DP. 
Anyway, I bought the game 2 days ago and I still can't play it!

-RTX 2080

-I7 8700K

-32GB RAM DDR4

Just finished discussing this with the team and they'll be running some tests to try and identify if there's anything we can do on our side to help this. Thanks 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Just finished discussing this with the team and they'll be running some tests to try and identify if there's anything we can do on our side to help this. Thanks 🙂

Thanks for the response but what about putting DX11 back in the game?  It'll get rid of a lot of issues.

• Agree 1

Hi!

Sometimes I get the above DX12 access violation error as many others. But some other times the game just freezes after a few races, usually when loading a new race. I see the banners before a black background, I hear the commentator for a sec, the engine, but the video is frozen. I can only restart Windows 10.

@ChrisGrovesMCM: How can I help the investigation? Is there any log files I could send? Any specific things to check? I'd be glad to help in this.

Windows 10, Intel Core i5 3570, 16GB RAM, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX 960 with 2GB RAM, nvidia driver 436.48. Oh, and an old wheel: Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP. Works with Grid Autosport (and all other Grids) like a dream.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, QUILLER said:

Hi!

Sometimes I get the above DX12 access violation error as many others. But some other times the game just freezes after a few races, usually when loading a new race. I see the banners before a black background, I hear the commentator for a sec, the engine, but the video is frozen. I can only restart Windows 10.

@ChrisGrovesMCM: How can I help the investigation? Is there any log files I could send? Any specific things to check? I'd be glad to help in this.

Windows 10, Intel Core i5 3570, 16GB RAM, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX 960 with 2GB RAM, nvidia driver 436.48. Oh, and an old wheel: Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP. Works with Grid Autosport (and all other Grids) like a dream.

Just my 2 cents.

In theory the error report generated by the game should give them all the information they need.  Each time the game crashes just click the send tab on it.

Oh, I've sent plenty of them 🙂 but in these strange cases when the video freezes and there is no game crash, I don't know if any logs are generated at all.

Another piece of information: I play games a LOT, and I don't have this kind of problems with any other games, including the GRID series.

Just returned my version and requested the charge-back on steam. Tested now three days. That wasn't what i expected.
Also the pricing went down to under 40eur much lower to what i paid (indeed for premium).

Access violation at address 0x6712771b in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x69771b.
Grid_dx12.exe

I have a laptop with
Win 10
GTX1070
i7 8750H
16GB RAM

It seems to happen pretty randomly. Sometimes when I'm just browsing the menus and sometimes even when I'm in the middle of the race. Can't seem to recreate it in any particular way.

Hi!

I was unable to launch the game since I've bought it almost a week ago, finally got it to work now! Not sure if this will be of any help for you guys, but I'll post what worked for me.

I tried looking into the F1 2019 forums since it uses the same game engine and I discovered some issues there are caused by steam overlay, as well as MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS).

So, I tried disabling all three in my desktop and now I'm able to get past the splash screen and finally play the game. If you use any of these softwares, try this, it might be the solution to your problem.

• Agree 1

I had this issue - tried this and it was fixed.

1. Moved my Grid 2019 installation from Steamapps/common to Documents/Mygames/Grid2019

2. Created exceptions on all my antivirus/firewall software for the Grid 2019 folder

3. Launched Grid 2019 via Grid_dx12 through right click/Run as administrator

Haven't had any crashes since.

Wow! I disabled Steam overlay and created an exception for Grid 2019 folder in Windows 10 internal virus scanner, and I was able to finish 3 cups in a row! (Never happened before!)

Will do further tests, I'm suspecting the Steam overlay now.

Cheers!

I also have this same error but did not get any solution yet. I have searched a lot of relevant sites and facebook pages, but couln't find the solution anywhere. Can you help me to solve this problem codemaster?

1 hour ago, maria10 said:

I also have this same error but did not get any solution yet. I have searched a lot of relevant sites and facebook pages, but couln't find the solution anywhere. Can you help me to solve this problem codemaster?

Hi there 🙂 

I've logged it for the team to look it. There's also no guaranteed that the issue you're experiencing is game-related - please check things like device drivers and device compatibility to make sure you're correctly set up, and contact your device manufacturer if your supported device isn't working correctly. But like I said, it's been logged to look at on our side as well 🙂

• Like 1

Getting error Illegal instruction at address 0xb4078215 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6f8215.
Grid_dx12.exe also and emailed codmasters with my direct x info and the error message and got a reply back saying no more action will be taken over the matter has the error is caused by my cpu not compatible with the game so that must be the reason for other people with the same error message.:(

PLEASE CODEMASTERS SHORLY THERE IS SOMETHING YOU COULD DO FOR IT TO RUN ON OLDER CPUS 

11 hours ago, maria10 said:

Codemaster told me by email it was because we have a incompatible cpu:(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fishomania said:

Codemaster told me by email it was because we have a incompatible cpu:(

My CPU is a Phenom II X6 1090T which is a year younger and better than the minimum Codemasters FX4300 reported for the Grid 2019, but it didn't work either. Same error as Directx 12.