F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Error mesagge -GRID 2019

Another one with the error in dx12 ... is a shame that a company like codemasters does not solve the error.

Simply leaving the dx11 .exe as the filtered version is enough ... how much work does it cost to do this?

We haven't been able to play some friends for days because of this fault of yours, we just want a game that works.

"Illegal instruction at address 0xef7a8425 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6f8425. Grid_dx12.exe"

I preordered the Ultimate Edition, and this is the error message I keep getting. I installed the game on two computers, both with recent Windows 10 clean installations, same issue. GRID 2 and Autosport run at MAX settings with 60+fps. No other game has this issue.

Nearly 10,000 views on this thread, with no definitive solution. Hundreds on the Steam forums, YouTube comments are having the same issue. The "hotpatch" did not do a single thing.

This is what a $80 preorder gets us huh? This game has a 45% average review on Steam, and rightfully so.

The situation is MUCH WORSE after today's 1.1 patch. I can't even launch a single race, yesterday I was able to play a few rounds at least. This is getting ridiculous.

2019-10-29 154944.jpg

having same problem since yesterday on PC via steam on Windows 10

Access violation at address 0x06163b1b in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6b3b1b.
Grid_dx12.exe

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

i7-6700k

16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 PC3400

Dual ASUS Strix OC GTX 1070 8Gb

Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 512Gb HDD

Edited by TuffGuy1958

I am having the crash after every single race.  It does not save the results so I am pretty much unable to play the game.  I am not happy and if this would have happened in the first 2 weeks I would have returned the game.

What exactly are the developers doing?  Counting their money?  Get this game fixed!

I put a different post 

Hiho I have a big problem too with my version of the game

i really enjoy playing it but it keeps crashing after every 4th event or so 

now my problem is that i play it on ps4 so i cant really change any of the hardware or software that much 

is it just the game that keeps crashing and needs to be fixed or am i doomed for life?

thank you for the help

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, DeSaLvO said:

Ive seen a few people get this error now. Codemasters can you please post a reply asap thank you 

Hello - we're constantly assessing crash reports on PC and one thing we're regularly seeing is that crashes are being caused by players not using updated Nvidia drivers. This is the cause of over 50% of crash reports we're receiving so we encourage players to make sure your drivers are updated 🙂

We're also looking at other crash reports not related to drivers to see what else can be done to resolve them - I'll pass on info when we have it 🙂

On 10/24/2019 at 9:39 PM, DaBeastKing101 said:

"Illegal instruction at address 0xef7a8425 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6f8425. Grid_dx12.exe"

I preordered the Ultimate Edition, and this is the error message I keep getting. I installed the game on two computers, both with recent Windows 10 clean installations, same issue. GRID 2 and Autosport run at MAX settings with 60+fps. No other game has this issue.

Nearly 10,000 views on this thread, with no definitive solution. Hundreds on the Steam forums, YouTube comments are having the same issue. The "hotpatch" did not do a single thing.

This is what a $80 preorder gets us huh? This game has a 45% average review on Steam, and rightfully so.

You have to keep in mind that many people are reporting different crashes that cannot be investigated as one. For example some people are having issues with joypad/wheel dlls, you're having "illegal instruction" at that address, while I for example am having access violations at a specific address.

Sooo sad!

I was playing the game withoud issues over the past weeks. Since the 1.1 patch I'm not able to run it anymore.

First it crashed immediately after loading the settings after the startup screens. I then updated my NVIDIA drivers. Now it crashes, when I try to start an event - every time.

Access violation at address 0xe79f3b1b in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6b3b1b.
Grid_dx12.exe

I tried to restore NVIDIA Settings as well as checking game files by steam. I also startet the game with both TMX Wheel and Xbox 360 Pad plugged or unplugged.

I7 4790
32 GB DDR3
GTX 1070

This is so annoying!! Spent so much money on this.

C'mon CM, please fix it!!

Edited by hofn3000

9 hours ago, hofn3000 said:

Sooo sad!

I was playing the game withoud issues over the past weeks. Since the 1.1 patch I'm not able to run it anymore.

First it crashed immediately after loading the settings after the startup screens. I then updated my NVIDIA drivers. Now it crashes, when I try to start an event - every time.

Access violation at address 0xe79f3b1b in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6b3b1b.
Grid_dx12.exe

I tried to restore NVIDIA Settings as well as checking game files by steam. I also startet the game with both TMX Wheel and Xbox 360 Pad plugged or unplugged.

I7 4790
32 GB DDR3
GTX 1070

This is so annoying!! Spent so much money on this.

C'mon CM, please fix it!!

Have you tried renaming the hardware_settings_config.xml from Documents\"My Games"\"GRID (2019)"\hardwaresettings\ and running the game again? It could be that your config file is broken in some way.

Edited by UP100

41 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Have you tried renaming the hardware_settings_config.xml from Documents\"My Games"\"GRID (2019)"\hardwaresettings\ and running the game again? It could be that your config file is broken in some way.

Thanks for your comment. Will try this later this day.

12 hours ago, hofn3000 said:

Thanks for your comment. Will try this later this day.

Did not work. Crashes immediately when loading an event.

😭

The game crashes even after removing and redownloding/reinstalling the game by steam.

Also I tried to lower and disable any feature within audio and video settings - still no success.

This game is a peace of s*** software. Why is there no support?

Reminds me when back in the days no CM game was able to run on Cyrix CPU. But this was out of specs. Now I'm full within the specs and was able to play the game for weeks. This is so annoying!!!!

Edited by hofn3000

I bought two licenses one for myself and the other as a gift in June and so far we have not been able to play, I am totally disappointed with Codemasters - for lack of information on this issue and the total disregard for customers.

15 minutes ago, ATRACI said:

I bought two licenses one for myself and the other as a gift in June and so far we have not been able to play, I am totally disappointed with Codemasters - for lack of information on this issue and the total disregard for customers.

***!!!

Since Friday my GRID installation works again. Maybe an windows update 'caused' that. I've made no other changes to the system.

CODEMASTERS, My GRID 2019 has not worked since I bought it, Directx 12 error, any solution?

Edited by ATRACI

On 11/1/2019 at 12:12 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - we're constantly assessing crash reports on PC and one thing we're regularly seeing is that crashes are being caused by players not using updated Nvidia drivers. This is the cause of over 50% of crash reports we're receiving so we encourage players to make sure your drivers are updated 🙂

We're also looking at other crash reports not related to drivers to see what else can be done to resolve them - I'll pass on info when we have it 🙂

THIS! I bought grid, i couldnt start it, got this dx12 error everytime. I updated my nvidia drivers and everything is ok

On 11/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, ATRACI said:

CODEMASTERS, My GRID 2019 has not worked since I bought it, Directx 12 error, any solution?

1 hour ago, afrasayab said:

HI GOODAFTER NOON KINDLY UPDATE HOW WE FIX ACCESS VIOLATION PROBLEM GIRD GAME IN STEAM ACCOUNT

These may help:

• Update Windows to the latest version (older versions may have something that breaks the drivers for example)
  • Update all possible drivers, such as the GPU drivers. (Over 50% of crashes were reported to be because of old GPU drivers)
  • Remove hardwaresettings config file (The file may be corrupt)
  • Remove the input folder and validate your game files (Something with controller settings may be broken after some update)

Good luck to you guys 🙂 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, hofn3000 said:

Since Friday my GRID installation works again. Maybe an windows update 'caused' that. I've made no other changes to the system.

Great to hear - as we always suggest, updating all hardware/software is recommended before jumping in. 

The recent PC patch directly addressed stability issues, meaning instances of crashes and freezes have been heavily reduced. If you're still experiencing this, crash reports are always handy, to allow to see any potential trends and centre in on things we can do to improve the situation. Thank you 🙂 

My starting problems were solved when changing windows defender setting (control panel > Security > Realtime protection and Manipulation protection turn that off and the game may start).
No message, no log file & the support is awkward. Have fun, but the game isn't what i expected after the experience from the older releases and all the trailers. I lost my fun with it.

I still have this issue: 

Access violation at address 0x43b9de98 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x68de98.
Grid_dx12.exe

I have also updated the nvidia and DirectX 12 programs…:(:(:(

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, Intel i7-9700K @ 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM.  I am playing on the Samsung C49HG90DMU monitor