Error mesagge -GRID 2019

Access violation at address 0xf088b697 in module 'nvwgf2umx.dll' + 0x45b697.
nvwgf2umx.dl

So i am getting this error message right as i finish the intro race, then it crashes and thats the only race i can do. Ive sent the report in like 5 times. Ive redownloaded the game like 3 times as well and I have updated for my

Edited by Rac3r52
  • Agree 1

Access violation at address 0xf088b697 in module 'nvwgf2umx.dll' + 0x45b697. nvwgf2umx.dl:

same problem even after upgrading NVIDIA drivers to V441.41 (I have a NVIDIA 1060 3GB + i7 7700K CPU)

Edit 04/12/2019 9PM : This problem is fixed with V1.2 upgrade, but I now have a new crash after 3 races (see next post).

Edited by lugduweb

Hey there - we're tracking any new crash reports since the recent stability fix that addressed a couple of issues causing crashes for PC players. Please run the usual checks before pushing ahead with jumping into the game (updated drivers, running DX12, clearing caches, etc.), as this is still the root cause of the majority of crash reports, whilst we continue to investigate. Thank you 

Acces violarion at address 0x55000e04 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6b0e04. Grid_dx12.exe

Please Help me

Hi ChrisGrovesMCM, I've updated the game to V1.2.

Now, I can play the first race with the yellow Corvette in a city, the second one with NASCAR, and it crashes again with the third one - Touring car on Brand Hatch track under rain.

It crashes during the race after a curve in 3rd lap.

Here is the error message (same error code - repeated after a second launch of the game) :  Access violation at address 0x531b628b in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x6d628b. Grid_dx12.exe

Edited by lugduweb

This might help somebody. I got the DirectX 12 error, then updated Nvidia drivers which got me past that error only to get the following error: Access violation at address 0x4a780a70 in module '' + 0x4a780a70.
Then I disabled (closed) my FPS app, MSI afterburner. Now the game works.

Good news everyone! maybe I'm a bit late on this but....

After a few hours of reading, youtube videos and failures I tried to Update my Drives as recommended here, by the GeForce Experience app. 

Game runs perfectly! 

GGHF!

1.jpg.2946642f834da3df8a04eef5f7442936.jpg

On 10/18/2019 at 12:11 PM, ATRACI said:

My CPU is a Phenom II X6 1090T which is a year younger and better than the minimum Codemasters FX4300 reported for the Grid 2019, but it didn't work either. Same error as Directx 12.

Unfortunately I thought the same thing, knowing the difference in functionality. I'm in the same boat... (well CPU)... It's not the age or speed but I'd call it the class. The class we own doesn't offer the extra memory bandwidth Features SSE4.1 / SSE4.2 / AVX / F16C / FMA3 / XOP instructions. The issue probably has something to do with writing to these instructions and I don't reasonably see the code being modified to accommodate CPU's which can't meet the specification. 

Posted (edited)

PC

Hi im getting this error : Access violation at address 0xc917de3e in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x22de3e.
Grid_dx12.exe. only when accessing any multiplayer mode, single player plays just fine if i click to join a session it crashes when it finds a session, or if i click join a session from the lobby it crashes as its about to launch 

multiplayer was playing ok  until i upgraded my hardware, it was working ok on my old rig an i5 750, (O.C. to 3.7Ghz) 12 Gig DDR3, GTX 1060 6 Gig

current rig Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

Ryzen 7 3700x 16 Gig DDR4, GTX 1060 6 Gig 

im going to try disabling background apps see if that helps (Asus AURA lighting controller was conflicting with easy anti cheat on the division 2 and some other games AURA was updated and works fine now but maybe its causing issues here with Grid) ill report back if i have any luck.

I forgot to mention i use an Xbox one gamepad and an xbox 360 wired gamepad (when the batteries die on the xbox one pad)

and i have tried disabling first then uninstalling Asus Aura RGB and the Lighting service.exe and removed any app and programs that were not on my original Rig 

Nothing i do seems to make any difference any help would be appreciated as i'm finding this frustrating thx Col.

Edited by colshycats
update and additional info

12 hours ago, colshycats said:

PC

Hi im getting this error : Access violation at address 0xc917de3e in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x22de3e.
Grid_dx12.exe. only when accessing any multiplayer mode, single player plays just fine if i click to join a session it crashes when it finds a session, or if i click join a session from the lobby it crashes as its about to launch 

multiplayer was playing ok  until i upgraded my hardware, it was working ok on my old rig an i5 750, (O.C. to 3.7Ghz) 12 Gig DDR3, GTX 1060 6 Gig

current rig Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

Ryzen 7 3700x 16 Gig DDR4, GTX 1060 6 Gig 

im going to try disabling background apps see if that helps (Asus AURA lighting controller was conflicting with easy anti cheat on the division 2 and some other games AURA was updated and works fine now but maybe its causing issues here with Grid) ill report back if i have any luck.

I forgot to mention i use an Xbox one gamepad and an xbox 360 wired gamepad (when the batteries die on the xbox one pad)

and i have tried disabling first then uninstalling Asus Aura RGB and the Lighting service.exe and removed any app and programs that were not on my original Rig 

Nothing i do seems to make any difference any help would be appreciated as i'm finding this frustrating thx Col.

Hey @colshycats thanks for the info.

First thing I'd recommend doing is verifying the game files on Steam. If that doesn't work then, I know it's a pain, but you could try reinstalling the game. I imagine the upgrade in hardware could be causing some sort of conflict with the new installation of Windows (if you're using the same hard-drive).

Let me know how you get on.

• Agree 1

On 3/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, CMTGK said:

Hey @colshycats thanks for the info.

First thing I'd recommend doing is verifying the game files on Steam. If that doesn't work then, I know it's a pain, but you could try reinstalling the game. I imagine the upgrade in hardware could be causing some sort of conflict with the new installation of Windows (if you're using the same hard-drive).

Let me know how you get on.

Hi thanks for the prompt reply, i have done both of the above verified and reinstalled the game, I have my games on a separate drive from windows and all other games including F1 2019 play online with no issues at all i even cleaned the registry after removing grid before reinstalling, it does appear to be an online issue as the single player plays like a dream and really good compared to my last rig ill probably do another fresh install of windows when i get another M.2 drive but that may be some time away so ill need to stick to single player for now. thanks for the help i guess ill need to keep on digging cheers 🙂    

Update I have reinstalled windows 10 and updated to build 1909 to a new M.2 drive and have a fresh install of grid as well  Access violation at address 0x51aade3e in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x22de3e.
Grid_dx12.exe    again only when trying to play online single player is flawless its does appear to be the game and the new hardware combination having conflicts hopefully CM will patch this and fix it because there is absolutely nothing i can think that would fix this from my end fingers crossed it gets fixed SOON   

Thanks for the update @colshycats.

I'll do some investigating and then get back to you on this thread. 

1 hour ago, CMTGK said:

Thanks for the update @colshycats.

I'll do some investigating and then get back to you on this thread. 

thank you CMTGK i did expect a clean install of windows to fix any issues that may have been caused with the hardware change initially, but no such joy thank again Peace! col. 

Hey @colshycats - I've got some people looking into this. In the meantime, have you made sure all your game drivers are up to date? It appears that's the source of a lot of the problems.

@CMTGK thanks and yes everything is up to date even have the latest bios installed fresh install of windows 10 Ver 1909 and fresh install of the game error is 100% repeatable and only triggers when trying to go online thanks again peace!  colin.

4 hours ago, colshycats said:

@CMTGK thanks and yes everything is up to date even have the latest bios installed fresh install of windows 10 Ver 1909 and fresh install of the game error is 100% repeatable and only triggers when trying to go online thanks again peace!  colin.

Anything in your firewall settings that could be blocking it? Try adding GRID (the app) to your trusted programs.

Hi its already added when it was installed and nothing else is triggering in event viewer when this error occurs so the error would appear to be within the game, id suggest,

i can run a full DX diag and post results if needed and can give you cinebench scores if they help my system is very stable no errors with any other games now 

(i have also tried rolling back the Nvidia driver to the last stable one when it ran fine under my i5 CPU rig but still same issue, i also tried disabling the onboard supreme FX audio and used my asus xonar DGX which was also in the last rig no difference 😞 ) thx again peace Col.

IMG_20200320_010835.jpg

@CMTGK PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!! it turns out its my steam display name i changed my name to a weird font in steam which does not display properly in some games and i think because the game probably cannot display the name it creates an error ( discovered because i bought star wars jedi fallen order on steam and i got an error trying to link the accounts so when i tried to add it manually it said the name could not be created in the registry which led me to the display name being the issue) im a happy bunny again 

KEEP your name simple and do not change the font !!!!! 

thx again peace out Colin.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, colshycats said:

@CMTGK PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!! it turns out its my steam display name i changed my name to a weird font in steam which does not display properly in some games and i think because the game probably cannot display the name it creates an error ( discovered because i bought star wars jedi fallen order on steam and i got an error trying to link the accounts so when i tried to add it manually it said the name could not be created in the registry which led me to the display name being the issue) im a happy bunny again 

KEEP your name simple and do not change the font !!!!! 

thx again peace out Colin.

Great to hear @colshycats! I'll let the dev team know, this could be something we fix for future games so really useful that you fed back. Happy racing!

add another issue to the list.  The game will play no problem, although the quality is rather terrible.  However, it ALWAYS crashes with the below message as soon as I select from the home screen: Options > Video.  I can't seem to even get access to alter any of the video settings.

"Access violation at address 0x95fde209 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x2ce209.
Grid_dx12.exe"

Happens on my Predator Helios 300.  32gb RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, i7-7700HQ, all drivers are up to date, game is stored on an internal SSD (D: drive)

12 hours ago, dr0pthehamm3r11 said:

add another issue to the list.  The game will play no problem, although the quality is rather terrible.  However, it ALWAYS crashes with the below message as soon as I select from the home screen: Options > Video.  I can't seem to even get access to alter any of the video settings.

"Access violation at address 0x95fde209 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x2ce209.
Grid_dx12.exe"

Happens on my Predator Helios 300.  32gb RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, i7-7700HQ, all drivers are up to date, game is stored on an internal SSD (D: drive)

Welcome to the Codemasters Forums @dr0pthehamm3r11.

Have you tried any of the methods above to attempt to fix the problem? For example, verifying the files of your game on Steam, re-installing the game entirely. It's important to make sure that Windows is up to date too. I assume you are playing on Windows 10?

17 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Welcome to the Codemasters Forums @dr0pthehamm3r11.

Have you tried any of the methods above to attempt to fix the problem? For example, verifying the files of your game on Steam, re-installing the game entirely. It's important to make sure that Windows is up to date too. I assume you are playing on Windows 10?

I've tried all the methods above along with ensuring all of my software and drivers are up to date, including uninstall/reinstall of the game, and am still experiencing the same issues.  I'm at a loss and highly frustrated.

new Fault is:

Access violation at address 0xb1f6e209 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x2ce209.
Grid_dx12.exe

5 hours ago, dr0pthehamm3r11 said:

I've tried all the methods above along with ensuring all of my software and drivers are up to date, including uninstall/reinstall of the game, and am still experiencing the same issues.  I'm at a loss and highly frustrated.

new Fault is:

Access violation at address 0xb1f6e209 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x2ce209.
Grid_dx12.exe

Thanks for trying. And just to clarify, you are getting this message only when you attempt to change the settings in the game - otherwise everything else runs OK?