Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally 2.0 Version 1.9 NO VR

I can't for the life of me boot this up in VR. I have Steam Deluxe version and Rift S. I have tried Steam VR and Oculus SDK. The game starts and runs normally on the PC but with Oculus SDK I hear sounds but am stuck at Oculus home. With Steam VR the game starts on PC but Rift S shows Steam VR dark sky background and it never loads in the headset. I have no clue what is going on. I even changed from Steam VR beta to normal Steam VR to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I deleted the hardware configuration file so it would recreate another one. Any other suggestions here?

Do other steamVR games work?

(did you hit F11 to centre the view after starting the game in Oculus?, also ensure the Dirt Rally window is active)

No problem with any other VR game. I have no reason to hit F11 as my Rift S has no VR showing at all. 

Ok figured it out. I had -novr as a command line launch option. I had originally put this in when the game was ALWAYS launching in VR prior to the update and that didn't work at the time. Instead it requiring modding the hardware xml file to put in VR=false. Now for some reason -novr works as a command line option. I don't know why this option stayed in even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Either way I am good now. Thanks for the help.