[GRID 2019] Graphics Discussion - Why exactly it looks #LikeNoOther

Thx @jesped

Takes quite a lot time to make such a video ^^ Problem is that the cars are not on the same level in every game so i have to figure out the slowest one and then do laps in the faster games and "estimate" on the throttle how much slower i have to drive to match the laptimes to get them in a 1-3 sec. window... Then match them exact in the video program to have it correct 😄

But i´m happy with the result 🙂

• Like 2

Not easy at all to make this high quality comparisions. It really brings out the clear differences between them.

I keep noticing how much the camera shake in GRID Autosport adds to the overall feeling of the race. It just feels much more intense, visceral and gritty.

• Agree 1

This was already posted a month ago. Digital Foundry never did an analysis of the final version, but I guess not much changed from this.

@ChrisGrovesMCM Is there anything you can tell us about how the game runs in 1080p on the Xbox 1X.   

Can any of the graphical settings be turned up or at 1080p is everything set to maximum? 

Some of these screen shots people have posted, I have to say they look pretty damn good. Close to realistic. But I dont see that on my screen. Dont get me wrong it does look great, maybe im expecting too much from the Xbox 1X

Is it a night and day difference at 4K? 

I read somewhere the 4k was locked to 30FPS.  But digital foundry's video would suggest its 60FPS most of the time. 

15 hours ago, TheXboxOutlaw said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM Is there anything you can tell us about how the game runs in 1080p on the Xbox 1X.    

For questions about Xbox, it's normally best to contact Microsoft or see what details they have online 🙂

Check your own console's graphics settings of course - I've had instances in the past where aspects of the game like loading times and minor graphical options are automatically downgraded by consoles, when dealing with a high workload. 

34 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

For questions about Xbox, it's normally best to contact Microsoft or see what details they have online 🙂

Check your own console's graphics settings of course - I've had instances in the past where aspects of the game like loading times and minor graphical options are automatically downgraded by consoles, when dealing with a high workload. 

Its Codemasters game.  Why would microsoft know about how you have set up the game???  PC players have a whole list of graphical options.  They can set them from low to high.  Codemasters must have set those same options for the console versions.  

I simply would like to know if at 1080p  everything is on high?  

If I contact Microsoft, it will be for a refund.  This game says it has online multiplayer. It may well have the option for that, but it doesn't work.  If by some miracle it does put me in a lobby, there is only ever a maximum of 5 players in there and the AI ruin the whole experience.  

You should be a politician Chris,  You are unable to give straight answers. 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, TheXboxOutlaw said:

PC players have a whole list of graphical options.  They can set them from low to high.  Codemasters must have set those same options for the console versions.  

That's not how it works 🙂 

Not really sure what else to tell you I'm afraid - I can speak to the team and ask if there is some kind of 'hidden' options for graphical settings, but from what I understand, there isn't - everything you see in the in-game Options and your own console's settings are available to you, and everyone else. Have you spoken to the people you mention that are posting screenshots that look different to what you're seeing, and asked if they've adjusted anything on their side? 

9 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

@jesped

Are you sure it was a good idea to revive this old thread?

Previous replies in this "old" thread were less than 2 weeks ago.

Maybe I missed something. From all the reported bugs and problems since August and compiled in the Twitter thread at the start of this thread...   what has been fixed?

Edited by jesped

27 minutes ago, jesped said:

Previous replies in this "old" thread were less than 2 weeks ago.

Maybe I missed something. From all the reported bugs and problems since August and compiled in the Twitter thread at the start of this thread...   what has been fixed?

Well, you know, even changing the race length is such a complex task for the developers, that they have to "see what can be done". 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

Well, you know, even changing the race length is such a complex task for the developers, that they have to "see what can be done". 😂😂😂

Please stick to graphics and how can the graphics be improved please.

As I said earlier stupid marketing 4K BS killed enhanced detalization and physics in games. Developers wastes resources and time on useless feature to help console sales

Edited by lastbreath

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Are you sure it was a good idea to revive this old thread?

are you sure someone asked about your opinion? Since when we need your permission to post here? 

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

are you sure someone asked about your opinion? Since when we need your permission to post here? 

I was wondering why this thread got revived. I realized I once opposed it in its first version, and that was because it was full of people attacking one another.

I never said you needed my permission to post here.

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I was wondering why this thread got revived. I realized I once opposed it in its first version, and that was because it was full of people attacking one another.

What I remember is some people constantly trying to shut down the reports, the honest criticism and the discussion, sentencing that "those were prerelease builds, but all will be fixed and fine at release". 
Game was released and it had all the same problems and bugs we've been detailing since august.

Now it's been 2 months since release. 2 patches released already. What has been fixed?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Nice try, but that was BEFORE I said that.

20 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

please stick to stop telling people what to say or do

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

please stick to stop telling people what to say or do

It is the main part of the thread. How can the graphics be improved.

There are many other threads to post your frustration of the game, this one is just for graphics.

30 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

It is the main part of the thread. How can the graphics be improved.

There are many other threads to post your frustration of the game, this one is just for graphics.

yeh fair enough , but your not a moderator for this forum.

• Haha 1

"Just for graphics" 🙄

The entire game, including the graphics, is a mess. It all comes as a package. The way the CM is attempting to dodge even a simple promise about the most mundane features, such as race length, projects on this thread and the likelihood of anything changing in the graphics.

I guess this topic needs fresh blood 🙂

This is what happens when you make one part of a tree very noticeable:

203514801_Untitled-3.jpg.9fd1581c9fd94ac0c49fbbb05ec02f87.jpg

You can't use such a tree in copypaste areas. Didn't expirienced CM's designers understand it?

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 2