F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

[GRID 2019] Graphics Discussion - Why exactly it looks #LikeNoOther

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

LOD from PS2 era 🙂

in 2019

in non-open-world game

jhdfd.gif

If you change the camera, is the LOD the same? As you can see from my video, some elements' LOD aggressiveness is different with different cameras.

But whatever it is, I agree—it's a joke. The fact that the only response by PR here is "looking into it" 3-4 months after release tells it all.

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Agree 3

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:50 PM, lastbreath said:

PS. I just want to remember Chris said once that the game would get visual patch at release... Seems they forgot to add it ))

Nope - visual optimisations have been included in each update and patch we've put out. There's more work to do, sure, but sweeping statements like that don't help anyone 

15 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

The fact that the only response by PR here is "looking into it" 3-4 months after release tells it all.

I'm not 'PR'.

The thread that you linked to about draw distance and LOD @Leo Natan is something that I'll be re-sending to the team today to see if we can discuss further as part of my latest report. I would imagine I'll get one of two responses: that these visual aspects are baked in and can't be changed, or that they'll be gradually improved over time. Can certainly still chase, though. 

We would also absolutely need details on the platform/hardware/drivers that you're using, else it's impossible to replicate what you're seeing or judge its severity. It's a two-way process. The kind of details we need have been pinned to the top of the Forums since September:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

PR = public relations
CM = community management

For me as a customer, the two serve the same purpose. "Public" is not just media interviews.

I will provide you with anything you want, albeit it doesn't really matter because everyone reproduces it on their own PC as evident by gifs and videos all over this forum and YouTube.

I'll reinstall the game and post all the info in my thread.

Regarding the two possible responses you propose is why my attitude is so negative. There is no such thing as "baked in". It's PR-speak for "we can't be bothered changing it". That's software development in general. But also, your own company's other games have much better LOD and modeling. If your team can't make it work on consoles, where are the options on PC at least? "Baked in" = "we are not bothering". Instead of wasting precious resources of this small team on nonsense such as Stadia, your company should have invested in making game that is on par with your other games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

PR = public relations
CM = community management

For me as a customer, the two serve the same purpose. "Public" is not just media interviews.

I will provide you with anything you want, albeit it doesn't really matter because everyone reproduces it on their own PC as evident by gifs and videos all over this forum and YouTube.

I'll reinstall the game and post all the info in my thread.

Regarding the two possible responses you propose is why my attitude is so negative. There is no such thing as "baked in". It's PR-speak for "we can't be bothered changing it". That's software development in general. But also, your own company's other games have much better LOD and modeling. If your team can't make it work on consoles, where are the options on PC at least? "Baked in" = "we are not bothering". Instead of wasting precious resources of this small team on nonsense such as Stadia, your company should have invested in making game that is on par with your other games.

Yep, drop all the information you can on the thread that follows the guideline I posted. GIFs and videos with very little explanation from anyone rarely cut it, because if we can't reproduce the issue, and the environment in which you're seeing it, it can't be investigated.

Some more misconceptions in here as well, so I'll just DM because it's getting nowhere. Look forward to seeing more details on the thread though 👍

@ChrisGrovesMCM

no sweeping statements, just pure politeness:

would you so kind to answer why LOD has only medium option. Thanks in advance.

PS. How do you do that red link to nickname?

Edited by lastbreath

Something that Codemasters could learn from. 2014 game + mods.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

WOW time flies, was that the official release date or when it 1st became EA ?  

i forget but i know i bought the game & couldn't play it with my gtx 285, i think the game is DX 10.1  & my gtx 285 was DX 10.

wasn't able to play it till jan 2015 when i got my gtx 970.

too bad few companies utilize SLi, have had 3 sli systems 8800gt, gtx 285 & gtx 970.

think i'll just grab 1 top end card this time since i feel like i keep wasting $$$.

i like the video, looks like you're using a wheel or driving automatic with game pad.

i don't enjoy using a game pad (360) for this game, the shifting just doesn't kick in smoothly.

Edited by OugaBooga

On 1/15/2020 at 10:59 PM, OugaBooga said:

WOW time flies, was that the official release date or when it 1st became EA ?  

i forget but i know i bought the game & couldn't play it with my gtx 285, i think the game is DX 10.1  & my gtx 285 was DX 10.

wasn't able to play it till jan 2015 when i got my gtx 970.

too bad few companies utilize SLi, have had 3 sli systems 8800gt, gtx 285 & gtx 970.

think i'll just grab 1 top end card this time since i feel like i keep wasting $$$.

i like the video, looks like you're using a wheel or driving automatic with game pad.

i don't enjoy using a game pad (360) for this game, the shifting just doesn't kick in smoothly.

I think official release.

SLI was a lot of problems for me too. I think it's better to go for just 1 card.

This video is AI driven. I'm fine tuning Reshade effects in realtime.

Edited by jesped

GRID reborn. 😄

Edited by jesped
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, jesped said:

GRID reborn. 😄

What was that video jesped?  Mod made by you? 

Updaded: Ok its a Barcelona city track of Grid for Assetto Corsa! Cm might to hire this modder for making your next Grid game..?

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

Holy sssssssssh... WHAT'S THIS???

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

What was that video jesped?  Mod made by you? 

Updaded: Ok its a Barcelona city track of Grid for Assetto Corsa! Cm might to hire this modder for making your next Grid game..?

Not my mod. Some guy ported the OLD Grid track to Assetto Corsa. Then I added SOL (weather), Custom Shaders Patch, a custom PPF and Reshade on top.

Says a lot when your track from 5 years ago looks like a generation better on a 5 years old game with some free mods than in your new game from 3 monts ago... 

Barcelona City - McLaren P1
Mods + Custom PPF + Real Head Motion + Reshade

Full track race with dynamic night to day.

Edited by jesped
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

But vehicles are not sliding around like boats—clearly this is not a proper Grid game. 😂

BTW, the graphics in the mirror look better than Grid 2019. 😂

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

Jesped i hear a Billy idol "rebel yell" playing in my head is that wrong ?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

But vehicles are not sliding around like boats—clearly this is not a proper Grid game. 😂

BTW, the graphics in the mirror look better than Grid 2019. 😂

Come on Natan,  let's not shoot them for anything,  Grid series (excepting Grid 2) handling/physics is good and the main reason we all love Grid games,  graphics of grid 19 is an other story.. Also Assetto corsa has weird handling unplayable with gamepad (you need wheel) and the chase camera behind the car  is the worst in any racing game with Nfs shift 1-2, there you feel that the cars floating like boats.. 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 2

@Miatakias_GR So far, handling in Grid games has been a **** shoot. Original was arcade but fun arcade; Grid 2 was terrible; Grid Autosport was not bad; Grid 2019 to me feels like back to Grid 2 level bad. All vehicles, be it F1 or stock cars feel like the same boats, sliding around all over the track. The intro section displays three completely different vehicles, or so it's supposed to. But to me they felt exactly the same—boats.

AC is a proper simulation game. Of course you need a wheel. 😂 Also, here's a pro tip: in real life, you don't have a helicopter or drone flying above your car while driving. Instead you use your eyes inside the vehicle to look at the world. Do the same in racing games. 👍

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Disagree 1

Slower cars are fine, though the mini feels faster than maybe is should be but its fun.  I don't like how the faster cars like the gt40 handle, constantly spin out and because there is no tuning in multiplayer if you have a car that spins out you are screwed for 4-5 races.

Would be good if someone could post an explanation on how to tune in grid 2019 too as it feels like the most ******** setup options in a grid game ever.

1 hour ago, Leo Natan said:

@Miatakias_GR So far, handling in Grid games has been a **** shoot. Original was arcade but fun arcade; Grid 2 was terrible; Grid Autosport was not bad; Grid 2019 to me feels like back to Grid 2 level bad. All vehicles, be it F1 or stock cars feel like the same boats, sliding around all over the track. The intro section displays three completely different vehicles, or so it's supposed to. But to me they felt exactly the same—boats.

AC is a proper simulation game. Of course you need a wheel. 😂 Also, here's a pro tip: in real life, you don't have a helicopter or drone flying above your car while driving. Instead you use your eyes inside the vehicle to look at the world. Do the same in racing games. 👍

I don't say that i am satisfied with the game,a  Grid game  in 2019 should be way better but i  find that cars feel differend in each class  in Grid 19,  and i prefer its  handling over Gas and offcorse Grid 2,  Race Driver GRID still the best among them... Anyway its the reveal of season 2  content  today but also various fixes bugs,  improvements...  Lets see what there is out if the door!