[GRID 2019] Graphics Discussion - Why exactly it looks #LikeNoOther

24 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well I proved ya the game can be modified by fixing the thing a lot of people have talked about 😛 Although that is definitely #likenoother damage

PC users only 😔 this xml files should be an Options in game menu setting on every platform 😣

Edited by minetti
  • Agree 1

Would be nice for Codemasters @CMTGK to make a statement to explain why we have graphics #LikeNoOther.... who knows, they might have nice graphics and we are just getting a messed up copy!

Any reason why in track terrain_textures there is only a low_lod folder? anyone noticed if the lod setting actually does anything?

37 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well I proved ya the game can be modified by fixing the thing a lot of people have talked about 😛 Although that is definitely #likenoother damage

This is a graphics thread, that you didn't even read...     what are you talking about?

Have you fixed any of the problems we've been discussing in this thread and the previous one in the last 6 months that are still present today? 

Have you fixed any draw distances? shadows? reflections? Trees? LODs? tonemapping? Textures loading over low res ones? Flat lighting? any modified Cameras, lens flares, color balance, tonemap, DoF, motion blur, distortion, bloom, smoke, dust, streaks, ... ?

Let us know when you do. 

• Haha 1

I don't know why do you even argue with a "forum moderator" about modding ...

To be honest, I lost interest in this franchise day after they released last game, I am just curious where they will end up with it 🙂
Its funny how they changed their direction from 0 (zero) listening to the fans, to actually adding community requested things under pressure few months after!

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, jesped said:

This is a graphics thread, that you didn't even read...     what are you talking about?

Have you fixed any of the problems we've been discussing in this thread and the previous one in the last 6 months that are still present today? 

Have you fixed any draw distances? shadows? reflections? Trees? LODs? tonemapping? Textures loading over low res ones? Flat lighting? any modified Cameras, lens flares, color balance, tonemap, DoF, motion blur, distortion, bloom, smoke, dust, streaks, ... ?

Let us know when you do. 

I'm not gonna do your job for you. You told me Codies have made the game impossible and now you know that certainly isnt the case. I'd say this conversation is now over

There are hundreds shadow/LOD related values, so I'm definitely not the one to do it 🙂

1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

anyone noticed if the lod setting actually does anything?

It´s on my list for friday. I will take some comp. screens and if nothing changes i will open a thread with that issue.

12 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I'm not gonna do your job for you. You told me Codies have made the game impossible and now you know that certainly isnt the case. I'd say this conversation is now over

There are hundreds shadow/LOD related values, so I'm definitely not the one to do it 🙂

"My job" 🤦‍♂️
Tell that to "the Team" champ. About fixing the bugs there since prerelease in their game you're defending so much now...

Whatever dude.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

To be honest, I lost interest in this franchise day after they released last game, I am just curious where they will end up with it 🙂
Its funny how they changed their direction from 0 (zero) listening to the fans, to actually adding community requested things under pressure few months after!

Totally. Specially since Mr. smarty pants here didn't even read the thread before starting pointing fingers, discuss semantics, divert from graphics stuff, facts and points made 6 months ago in a desperate try at defending this pile.

Edited by jesped
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, jesped said:

Totally. Specially since Mr. smarty pants here didn't even read the thread before starting pointing fingers, discuss semantics, divert from graphics stuff, facts and points made 6 months ago in a desperate try at defending this pile.

I dont know why so much Ad Hominem. I mean it only benefits you to accept that you could try and change the graphics/gameplay stuff you preciously talked about being impossible 🙂

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, jesped said:

This remains me Ice-T Warning track:

Parental advisory - explicit language!

Edited by lastbreath
  • Haha 1

I own all the games and you can clearly see a backward step.

They were bold statements about how good these games were going to be. 

So its codemasters fault for raising people's high expectations .

If you are going to say how good your games are going to be then on release you have to  back that up.

On the YouTube thing. They get free copies of the game which is a fact .so most wont say anything bad because they wont get anymore free games to promote there YouTube channels. 

Again clearly when people like me and thousands of others have in invested hundreds and hundreds of hours testing and Racing. We have a better understanding of bugs then the actual person who made the game and probable dont touch the game unless it's to add paid dlc which in most cases add more bugs.

When you're getting something for free you are not going to say anything bad .simple fact of life .

For me personally all of this has got tedious over this last year and with all the help codemasters gets from there customer posting and highlighting bugs and in some cases even supplying a fix .just to be ignored or we end up going back to square one. 

Just full of unfulfilled promises lol.

Codemasters have the power and ability to produce brilliant sim Racing games but unfortunately they would rather sell to 3yr olds who have no experience and are not allowed a PC or ps4 account and certainly don't have the funds to buy the game. 

Wait it's the adults buying the game and 90% I would guess are over 18.

So stop making games for 3yr olds and start making games for adults. 

God bless America. 

1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

God bless America. 

da fuq

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Agree 1

moderate the hell out of this thread and grow up people... up100 is not a codemasters employee

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

This is how modern development process works - start with Minimum Viable Product, then build on that once you see some cash come in.

Developers love it, consumers hate it.

4 hours ago, GavinMac said:

moderate the hell out of this thread and grow up people... up100 is not a codemasters employee

Maybe not... But you can't help but feel his comments are heavily influenced by the "moderator" tag against his name and arguing against the clear, obvious and undeniable shortcomings that have been discussed many times over within this (and the previously deleted) thread since way, way before Grid was released doesn't really come across as unbiased opinion, does it?

Everything Jesped has ever written has been backed up with tangible evidence as to why he wrote it so at the very least you have to show a certain degree of consideration towards his comments and on the face of things that seems to be something which up100 (and another 'pro Grid' person who will remain nameless) seem to find very difficult to do. Something which in turn gives all the more reason to question which side of the fence he is actually sitting on. Look, no matter who you are or who you think you are, differences of opinion are fine but arguing for argument's sake or arguing with rose tinted spectacles is just pointless....especially in here! Maybe up100 & co should recognise that fact by standing down and letting the thread continue doing what it set out to do.

Oops, back on topic...the trees look rubbish 🙂

• Agree 5

12 hours ago, UP100 said:

I dont know why so much Ad Hominem.

Definitions of your behavior are not Ad Hominems. 😉

You know, being a moderator and all, it is surprising how lacking your reading comprehension is:

22 hours ago, jesped said:

Quality settings, Cameras, physics, handling, FFB, lens flares, color balance, tonemap, DoF, motion blur, distortion, bloom, smoke, dust, streaks, etc.  were open and moddable in at least 6 titles (just that I know of, but sure they were more)

Now NOTHING of that can be modified. 
But I guess the modders are to blame and not Codemasters.

Then you come up with your stupendous definition of modding: disabling features in the user config file. 🤦‍♂️

22 hours ago, UP100 said:

Quality settings, lens flares, DoF, motion blur, bloom, streaks etc. are at least available for the user to modify. See /Documents/My Games/GRID (2019)/hardwaresettings/hardware_settings_config.xml

Loads of things can be modified, you just haven't tried anything.

21 hours ago, jesped said:

I'm talking about modding/editing/adjusting/tweaking those effects in the .xml files that were available in the game's folder for each track in previous games (among many other stuff) not just disabling them in the general config file.

And pointing fingers, accusing me of "haven't tried anything" when in fact I was the first one talking about and publishing the contents of that general configuration file in the first page of this very same thread, back in Oct 8.

Then you post some modified damage...    which has nothing to do with the xml files needed for modding not being open like in previous games, or with any of the graphics issues we've been discussing in this thread. But I guess you have to read the title of the thread to be aware of that:

image.thumb.png.b6c72466337fd0764acc70eaeafdc43e.png

To sum it up, you've been coming up with the most incredible and ridiculous excuses to defend Codemasters:

"No Codemasters EGO game that I know of has offered the user with any kind of freedom"   ...when at least 6 games had open files and hundreds of mods.

"it is to reduce filesizes"  ...of some 1 to 50Kb files in a 73GB game. While there are still 133 xml files in the game:
image.png.ebbf03d704b0580b6aa30ca79cc6a33c.png

"archiving files is the standard all across development teams"    ...when there are still 133 xml files in GRID 2019, just not the ones you need to properly modify the game like before. So blatantly clear that all input xml files are still there, open and accessible, just not the effectsetup.xml needed for modding the FFB.

So next time check out of your fanboyism bubble and carefully read the threads you post in, at least the first page.

ALL of these problems are still present in the game:

On 10/8/2019 at 7:24 AM, jesped said:

As the previous graphics discussion thread was closed because it seems it was too "clogged", I decided to unclog it for everybody's convenience in this long thread:

So all the problems and bugs are clearly presented and easy to have as reference in case Codemasters decides to fix them.

After seeing the game already on PC Ultra, I can assure first hand that all these issues are still present in the release version. Very noticeable problems with:

• Trees
  • LODs
  • Shadows
  • Reflections
  • Exposure, Contrast, tonemapping
  • Textures loading over low res ones
  • Pixelated textures on cars
  • Flat lighting

Is there going to be a patch on the 11th that's going to fix all these problems?

Now, if you come up with a way to fix/improve any of the issues we've been discussing here and "the Team" haven't fix in the last six months, kudos to you. But I guess that's "my job" 😂

Here is the best mod, that fixes all problems with the game: :classic_laugh:

image.png.b348f0e3459d9b4d89938c67a27ad5eb.png

Edited by jesped
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Meanwhile, my modding time is much better spent with Assetto Corsa, a game as old as GRID Autosport that is still kicking all kinds of ass in 2020: 😍

But I guess this is exactly what Codemasters are trying to prevent.

Edited by jesped
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I guess I'll take this to the PMs as you've made a stupid choice of trying to keep this going for no reason at all 🙂 

• Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I guess I'll take this to the PMs as you've made a stupid choice of trying to keep this going for no reason at all 🙂 

13 hours ago, UP100 said:

I dont know why

You asked. That's why. But I guess that after all that absurdity you still want to have the last word, bordering on the insult on top.

Edited by jesped
  • Thanks 1

this is what happens when a company does less yet feels customers aren't entitled to what they expected & paid for.

it's a good thing i have pretty much all the good & great racing games of the last 2 decades.

I'am at a point where if i had to i could go for many years without buying another racing game i easily could.

This game was released "like no other" previous TOCA,Race driver, Grid in being chicken wings without the sauce & very few veggies.

Hope codies realizes that this series was supported & made popular by Older "Adult" gamer's.

CM's employees that love to play the games they worked on should be treated with the upmost respect & given bonuses instead of the CEO's & their ilk ! 

Edited by OugaBooga
spell check

7 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Just a Codemasters shill, from what I have seen. 🤷‍♂️

I just don't like to repeat things that have already been said, which means I complain about things such as the F1 soundtracks being significantly worse than before and then the lack of Japanese localization in GRID 2019 although the game has the Japanese localization files... and now you're probably bored because I complained about things you don't care about 😁

We need CM to tell us where they are going from here, let's not rip each other apart here while we wait.

• Agree 1