[GRID 2019] Graphics Discussion - Why exactly it looks #LikeNoOther

"It's not a terrible game"

*lists all the reasons it's terrible*

OK 😂

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, django|UKMD said:

The low res trackside textures and awful shadow draw distance do not indicate a broken game

Of course not. But when 6 years ago GRID2 HAD high res trackside textures and acceptable shadow draw distance it's weird to see such a letdown in 2019!

• Agree 5

On 3/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, lastbreath said:

Codemasters - manage your expectations!

CMTGK accidentally delivered an amazing slogan for the studio 😆

watch out, unfriendly posts are deleted

Codemasters: Lets just forget GRID happened and get you to buy DIRT 2 GOTY.  

• Agree 1

Try and keep things on-topic here folks.

7 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Codemasters: Lets just forget GRID happened and get you to buy DIRT 2 GOTY.  

I get the feeling D2 is a very underrated game, when actually it is one of 3 games that really matter:GAS/G1/D2. Best Codies games of the last 10years

• Haha 1

Grid 2019 isn't a bad game, it has good handling/racing but clearly no one in the team had played Autosport to see what the community would expect in a game. 

IF they had given us tons of locations and a good range of cars then they could of been forgiven for all the other failings but when you get bored of racing so few locations you start looking deeper.

They couldn't even bother their backsides to give us more than one sprint location!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

locations, locations, locations, locations,  Locate........... Come ooooOOONNN   !!!

then add that developers developers develop song remix in your head

i wanna see the sweat around CM's neck & armpits  locations, locations, locations, locations,  Locate........

Edited by OugaBooga
funny
  • Haha 1

They did really good job with GRID2:

5(!) new city tracks
4(!) new sprint tracks
5(!) new circle tracks

Not too much in general but it's still 14 new tracks!

GAS didn't introduce so many new tracks (4 or 5) but the game combined almost all locations from previous GRIDs, so we got over 20 tracks.

Now GRID2019. 2 new city tracks, 2 new circle tracks. Ok, that's GAS level, but where are all old tracks?

On 3/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, GavinMac said:

It all comes down to, sucks to be a PC gamer, we spend a fortune building something that defecates over consoles and then we are subjected to games that are built to a console standard.

Games should be built for PC graphical resources and then adjusted for console.

Well this use to be the case for all games. 

They would be produced on pc . Then downgraded for consoles.

We now have a  situation where they are produced to a poor standard on pc and consoles. 

It's the small print that kills me.

I got my magnifying glass out .

Only to read in extremely huge print .

Managed your expectations yet.

I sat there crying with laughter. 

Codemasters you got me well and truly 😘👾🏎🚥

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

They did really good job with GRID2:

5(!) new city tracks
4(!) new sprint tracks
5(!) new circle tracks

Not too much in general but it's still 14 new tracks!

GAS didn't introduce so many new tracks (4 or 5) but the game combined almost all locations from previous GRIDs, so we got over 20 tracks.

Now GRID2019. 2 new city tracks, 2 new circle tracks. Ok, that's GAS level, but where are all old tracks?

I am sure Codemasters will surprise us with extra tracks in season 3 after all the bugs and glitches we have/had to put up with. Right @CMTGK?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

lookls like that high LOD option really has some impact

rert.gif.9646859e68d7f612d91350d0d0bba7c1.gif

At least there is shadow on the wall from the start ))

Edited by lastbreath

Notice the shadow growing on the second floor. It's still terrible.

3 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Notice the shadow growing on the second floor. It's still terrible.

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

Yes, I've noticed

Now read my signature, put a finger on your forehead, and think before next buy 🙂

I didn't preorder. I bought it full price, refunded it (yay Steam!), then bought it on sale from the ARG store. 😂 It costed me really peanuts, and I wanted to see if there was any change after "season 1".

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I found this video on utube and i thought it was the new CM project .. After late LOD , dark graphics , fake reflections , broccoli tress next step for CM is to go low poly graphics? lol

By the way this game looks a MUST HAVE for classic SEGA arcade lovers like me!:classic_laugh:

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2020 at 12:39 AM, Leo Natan said:

I didn't preorder. I bought it full price, refunded it (yay Steam!), then bought it on sale from the ARG store. 😂 It costed me really peanuts, and I wanted to see if there was any change after "season 1".

Should have #Managed your expectations(tm)

Edited by Jay84
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to post here (Or more aptly; shout into the void) to share my disappointment with the lack of Graphics Options and the plain ugly visuals in some areas.
These are the big issues: Awfully low LOD on some objects (cones pop in like 10m in front of you and trees look like blurry blobs), the lack of Anti-Aliasing options (TAA is blurry, no MSAA or FXAA options?!?), mip-mapping is very noticeable and low quality on some objects (lights, wheels and ground textures often don't load in at full quality), also please let us turn off/on individual post-processing options, I want to be able to turn off Chromatic Aberration too! Basically, just give us the DiRT Rally 2.0 Graphics Options...

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, BenRogue said:

Just wanted to post here (Or more aptly; shout into the void) to share my disappointment with the lack of Graphics Options and the plain ugly visuals in some areas.
These are the big issues: Awfully low LOD on some objects (cones pop in like 10m in front of you and trees look like blurry blobs), the lack of Anti-Aliasing options (TAA is blurry, no MSAA or FXAA options?!?), mip-mapping is very noticeable and low quality on some objects (lights, wheels and ground textures often don't load in at full quality), also please let us turn off/on individual post-processing options, I want to be able to turn off Chromatic Aberration too! Basically, just give us the DiRT Rally 2.0 Graphics Options...

I have all recent CM games including Dirt rally 2.0 , F1 2019 , Grid 2019 and suprisely i have to say that the game with less blury graphics is Grid 19 among these.. In top of list is DR 2.0 F1 19 follows.. But Grid has oher problems like late and bad LOD , reflections ect , i would not say i prefer DR 2.0 graphics  over Grid 19 if i had to pick one of these games about graphics this might be F1 19 but with no big defference... CM must make a new graphics engine for new gen consoles no doubt!

Moment of nostalgia here!

Many players critisized those scenery shots but I loved them!

fgyj.gif.3fec5de4691f673071cfe1676be0bcdb.gif

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 7:18 AM, Miatakias_GR said:

I have all recent CM games including Dirt rally 2.0 , F1 2019 , Grid 2019 and suprisely i have to say that the game with less blury graphics is Grid 19 among these.. In top of list is DR 2.0 F1 19 follows.. But Grid has oher problems like late and bad LOD , reflections ect , i would not say i prefer DR 2.0 graphics  over Grid 19 if i had to pick one of these games about graphics this might be F1 19 but with no big defference... CM must make a new graphics engine for new gen consoles no doubt!

I'm not saying Dirt Rally 2.0 has better graphics, just better options. The TAA anti-aliasing in GRID 2019 is very blurry and introduces smearing and weird artifacting, the resulting image is too soft and smeared. If you run it without TAA it looks clear but has aliasing, which is why I would like MSAA and FXAA as options instead

• Agree 1

Try removing motion blur by editing the hardware config XML file. You might be surprised by the results.

Point is why are the options in that file not in a menu in-game???