Jump to content Jump to content

[GRID 2019] Graphics Discussion - Why exactly it looks #LikeNoOther

jesped

2 hours ago, BRICKS44 said:

Do you play the game?  Or even like the game?  If you hate the game so much why are you even here?

I bought it, saw the features and terrible graphics and refunded. I am here because I care about the franchise and wanted a good racing game. 🙄 You have no exclusivity of the forum. Go away now.

@jesped The Switch port of GAS is really good one. It looks brilliant. It even has a ~60fps mode, which, ironically, lowers shadows and crowd quality 😂. I bet base PS4 would take that compromise here as well.

Coupled with the better driving model and much, much more content and tracks, the Switch port is a much more value for money. 👍 How sad is that?

2 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

I bought it, saw the features and terrible graphics and refunded. I am here because I care about the franchise and wanted a good racing game. 🙄 You have no exclusivity of the forum. Go away now.

You’re getting weird

7 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Let a guy disagree what he wants to disagree with. Using his opinion against him is not an OK argument.

Sure, I'm letting him do it. It is just that is funny that he says somebody else is "getting weird" while he is "disagreeing" with something that is not an opinion, so it is not disagreeable in itself. That's weird.

Vehicles are a lot more detailed in 2019. But the tracks let it down...

Another thing lacking in graphics is any kind of shadows from the headlights in night races:

Not to environment, not to cars. This was a basic feature as back as NFS Shift 2 at least:

Notice how the headlights cast shadows of all environment objects, including other cars (not seen in the video above).

7 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Hey, I've heard GRID would launch on Google Stadia too. Can it be a reason of poor visuals?

Google Stadia is close to being twice as powerful as an Xbox One X, The game looks great on high end machines and id expect it looks great on Google Stadia as well. 

Archived