DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer modes

Create custom/search custom missing? 

Theres no option to set up a non private single discipline championship online or the option to search and play just one discipline. 

• Agree 6

GRID 2019 is the first Codemasters game with no custom public lobbies that I can remember.  DR 2.0 has custom public lobbies and originally had ai in all lobbies.  The players spoke up and CM gave the host the option to remove ai from races.  We need all this in GRID 2019.  Everyone needs to speak up on this.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, babaluk said:

GRID 2019 is the first Codemasters game with no custom public lobbies that I can remember.  DR 2.0 has custom public lobbies and originally had ai in all lobbies.  The players spoke up and CM gave the host the option to remove ai from races.  We need all this in GRID 2019.  Everyone needs to speak up on this.

hold on I want Ai in my Multiplayer races . Me and a few friends will enjoy that. But i agree there should be an option to remove for those that dont. Although having said that I thought that option is in the game anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, babaluk said:

There is no option to even host a public lobby.  None. 

can you not host a "private" one and make it open to everyone?

• Like 1

Nope.  Private lobbies only allow two options: "friends only" and "invite only".  A third option for "everyone" would solve this issue.  

• Agree 1

I now understand why they did not add text chat and spectate in lobby - cause there is no lobby to join hahahah

P.S.: I bet people who pre-ordered feel scammed.

Edited by Boyan
  • Haha 1

Agreed to all the above, but not feeling scammed. This is a gorgeous and fantastically sounding game with some bizarre (to me and others) design decisions. Good thing is that many things like can be changed in patches. If the gfx and sound was bad, we would have little hope, but fortunately this is not the case.

6 minutes ago, cpcdem said:

Agreed to all the above, but not feeling scammed. This is a gorgeous and fantastically sounding game with some bizarre (to me and others) design decisions. Good thing is that many things like can be changed in patches. If the gfx and sound was bad, we would have little hope, but fortunately this is not the case.

GAS and 2 could've been fixed with patches too but they never came :) 

If all the features of GAS were working (I am talking not only about the buggy AI in multiplayer but also the GHOST car thing in time trial and racenet challenges, basically everything that was not working right from the very beginning) it would've been the best ever racing game for me and a lot of us. And now they are again giving us even more unfinished game than GAS

8 minutes ago, Boyan said:

GAS and 2 could've been fixed with patches too but they never came 🙂

If all the features of GAS were working (I am talking not only about the buggy AI in multiplayer but also the GHOST car thing in time trial and racenet challenges, basically everything that was not working right from the very beginning) it would've been the best ever racing game for me and a lot of us. And now they are again giving us even more unfinished game than GAS

I arrived late to GAS, so don't know how it unfolded, but let's hope there will be some good improvements in this one at least. Btw, what was wrong with the ghost car in GAS? I also had some things I did not like in this area, just curious to know what is it you mean. The main problem I see in new new game in this area is that this mode is not available at all 🙂

2 minutes ago, cpcdem said:

I arrived late to GAS, so don't know how it unfolded, but let's hope there will be some good improvements in this one at least. Btw, what was wrong with the ghost car in GAS? I also had some things I did not like in this area, just curious to know what is it you mean. The main problem I see in new new game in this area is that this mode is not available at all 🙂

It stopped working after a  while and wasn't ever fixed... otherwise it was indeed #likenoother good idea

3 hours ago, babaluk said:

Nope.  Private lobbies only allow two options: "friends only" and "invite only".  A third option for "everyone" would solve this issue.  

This will just solve the problem,  just transform private lobbies to open public + lobbies list with all these option (there is option to disable ai,  car class,  weather,  number of  laps /rounds assist on /off,)   and whatever we need to have fun as we had in previous Grid games,  if you don't fix this the game will die soon,  its pity cause is awesome game!  

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Boyan said:

It stopped working after a  while and wasn't ever fixed... otherwise it was indeed #likenoother good idea

Oh maybe this is why they completely disabled this feature now? That's very disappointing. Some times I do not like to have the ghost car, but it being an option would had been nice, every serious racing game has that.

Now that you mention it, I recall this problem happening a few times, but certainly now always to me.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, babaluk said:

We shouldn't have AI cars by default. This completely ruins multiplayer for me. I won't be playing GRID again unless they get rid of them. I really hope I haven't wasted my money.

• Agree 3

Yh, 100% agree.... imo the AI have no place in multiplayer.  The game needs a public lobby system with the option to have AI for those who want them.  Multiplayer is a big disappointment to me.

On a positive note though after years of buying games with serious bugs on launch, I haven't come across any software issues as yet which is refreshing.  A big thumbs up to Codemasters for that.  I'm hopeful that if multiplayer gets a revamp we will have an awesome game.

• Agree 2

On 10/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, cpcdem said:

you are young i bet…

very few things will be addressed with a patch. Asking to Add missing features will require lot of time… and i bet they will try to sell it back as ''new features pack'' so you can finally build your custum lobby…  years ago we used to call games with partial features and content DEMO version. Now marketing wasted our minds so we can buy a game with the half of tracks and features of a 5yo previous(gas) episode for twice of the money… Take a look into grid1... custom lobbys, ranked and not ranked, full options, kick vote, text chat, spectator mode from lobby, etc... 

23 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

you are young i bet…

very few things will be addressed with a patch. Asking to Add missing features will require lot of time… and i bet they will try to sell it back as ''new features pack'' so you can finally build your custum lobby…  years ago we used to call games with partial features and content DEMO version. Now marketing wasted our minds so we can buy a game with the half of tracks and features of a 5yo previous(gas) episode for twice of the money… Take a look into grid1... custom lobbys, ranked and not ranked, full options, kick vote, text chat, spectator mode from lobby, etc... 

I wish I was young 🙂

My hope is the game was just rushed to get out in the market very soon, but it was planned from the beginning to add more features and improvements later to make it a complete game. Not saying this is a nice tactic, but the sad truth is that a lot of devs in our times just have to do what management orders. If that's not the case and there will be no major improvements, I agree this would be a pity, a huge potential wasted, because the core of this game is extremely well made in my opinion (gfx, sound, car handling).

• Agree 1