F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Watered down damage.

1 hour ago, Bluestig said:

No but I do remember them saying that. Wonder why they never implemented proper damage themselves. Maybe they were talking about mechanical damage?

The quote I remember was specifically about visual damage.

5 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

@Bluestig Even if we disagree about how good the PC2 damage model is, at least we can agree that if a car can be damaged this much, there isn't much more a contract can forbid developers:

At the end, that Porsche looks like a Nissan. 😂

There's no deformation shown at all in the video that would be deadly (or even hurting) for the passengers. I think that's (one of the) red line(s) car manufacturers draw regarding visual damage.

51 minutes ago, cpcdem said:

There's no deformation shown at all in the video that would be deadly (or even hurting) for the passengers. I think that's (one of the) red line(s) car manufacturers draw regarding visual damage.

Although that may be true I distinctly remember my drivers legs or hands being outside the car sometimes because of the extent of the deformation in Grid 1/2. Don’t know how they got away with it. 

3 hours ago, Bluestig said:

Although that may be true I distinctly remember my drivers legs or hands being outside the car sometimes because of the extent of the deformation in Grid 1/2. Don’t know how they got away with it. 

That was 6 or more years ago, the more times passes, less and less is allowed apparently, you can see that in all racing games. And Grid 1/2 did not feature Porshes and Ferraris...

Edited by cpcdem

1 hour ago, cpcdem said:

That was 6 or more years ago, the more times passes, less and less is allowed apparently, you can see that in all racing games. And Grid 1/2 did not feature Porshes and Ferraris...

Ofcourse that makes sense. You can read the rest of my replies and that’s what I also concluded. But it’d still be nice to be confirmed why all of a sudden they’ve gone so strict or whether it’s just one or two manufacturers causing a mess to the whole process. 

7 hours ago, Bluestig said:

Ofcourse that makes sense. You can read the rest of my replies and that’s what I also concluded. But it’d still be nice to be confirmed why all of a sudden they’ve gone so strict or whether it’s just one or two manufacturers causing a mess to the whole process. 

I am guessing there are NDAs in place as well...

I honestly dont think Codies are going to change the damage model at this stage , I fear its too late now , i just wish they'd turn up the mechanical damage which is in the game , but is either bugged or turned off , coz it sure doesnt affect your car at all.

Taking into account that some models have good... ok, acceptable level of damage, I guess they didn't create NEW system for "untouchable" cars, but lowered level of existing one for them. That means... 

Posted (edited)

Man I feel bad. The Rally series are much better, but still nowhere near as good as the Colin McRae series. But Dirt 2 and 3 🤦‍♂️ with Travis Pastrama, Ken Block and all the Gymhackwhatever nonsense they had in those games. Yuck

CEO Omggamer

Edited by andrewmacmillan

@CMTGK Can you agree that manufactures like Porsche, Ferrari are more strict when it comes to damaging their cars in games? 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:54 AM, Leo Natan said:

@Bluestig Even if we disagree about how good the PC2 damage model is, at least we can agree that if a car can be damaged this much, there isn't much more a contract can forbid developers:

At the end, that Porsche looks like a Nissan. 😂

that is a sexy nissan at the end, i'd buy that for a dollhair 😁

There are differences between manufacturers when it comes to the intensity of damage shown on their cars, yes.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

that is a sexy nissan at the end, i'd buy that for a dollhair 😁

Looks more like VW Beetle:classic_laugh:

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Noone thinks: wow I crashed that car so much in NFS, I will never buy it!

What people really thinks: wow this is BMW, I remember Most Wanted, iconic manufacturer!

So, those stupid manufacturers' fears about damage are... so stupid %)

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

Noone thinks: wow I crashed that car so much in NFS, I will never buy it!

What people really thinks: wow this is BMW, I remember Most Wanted, iconic manufacturer!

So, those stupid manufacturers' fears about damage are... so stupid %)

Ikr, this is one of the dumbest thing that humanity could ever invented, I will never understand that. 

4 hours ago, CMTGK said:

There are differences between manufacturers when it comes to the intensity of damage shown on their cars, yes.

That's sad

I'd understand it if the game has grades of cars strength like in Wreckfest. For example that car has 4,7 and that car has 5,8. So, its obvious that manufacturer doesn't want his car to be weaker. But in game like GRID there are no grades, all cars are equal. In that case fear is unreasonable