Sign in to follow this  

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi – Available Now in DiRT Rally 2.0

I am getting my marks at the track and now enjoying it much more. Also the track looks beautiful in sunset conditions. Here some footage in a little bit Larsson style of driving, just in case @PJTierney needs something for the weekly roadbook. 😛 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Interesting track. I despise it for road racing, but love the RX layout!  

Keep hoping we can take R-GT cars to the RX tracks at some point!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EvansR5 said:

Whoever is driving in this video is pretty good... 😉

Definitely. Wonder what kind of tune it is..a good tune or one of the BS max camber max toe deals.

Corner cutting in this track needs to be eliminated

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, mats27 said:

What times are people setting?

Averaging 42.0, fastest lap has been a 41.4 (in the S1). 

On 10/10/2019 at 3:11 PM, mwoodski said:

The 4-5-6-7 complex is deceptively difficult.

Agreed! Much like Silverstone, its a circuit that seems to be very easy to over drive and lose time. I am not that consistent with the last hairpin either: I keep initiating too early and having to correct to avoid the marker on the inside of the turn.

Has anyone else got a penalty after crossing the line? I have been going flat out over the line on the last lap to get the best time, but then I noticed I seem to have picked up a time penalty?

Edited by tbtstt

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Has anyone else got a penalty after crossing the line? I have been going flat out over the line on the last lap to get the best time, but then I noticed I seem to have picked up a time penalty?

No, no penalty for me. You must've picked it up somewhere else during your run. Does the game not show the time penalty the moment it detects an infraction? If you cut really bad and trigger a reset zone you get reset on track with an instant message with the time penalty. 

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Averaging 44.0, fastest lap has been a 43.4 (in the S1). 

Agreed! Much like Silverstone, its a circuit that seems to be very easy to over drive and lose time. I am not that consistent with the last hairpin either: I keep initiating too early and having to correct to avoid the marker on the inside of the turn.

Maybe my video I posted earlier can help you with getting you faster.

Normal laps I can do 40, low 41 without cutting in the MK8 Fiesta. And at the end of the video you can see I did a high 39 when go flat out over the finish. (that finish line really need to be placed somewhere else IRL).

Overall you could say you need to sacrifice a lot of corners and rotation of the car is key i guess.
- T1 you need to sacrifice a bit to have a better exit for T2.
- T3 (hairpin) you need to rotate the car well, but not to high speed so you can go flat-out as fast as possible.
- T4/T5 you sacrifice for the exit of T6/T7, so you can go flat out earlier. A lot of people go much to fast into T4/T5. I not blame them, it is imo of the most difficult braking and turning.
- T8 is the long left hander which i just start to send and at one point brake and trying to rotate the car the fake T9 and hairpin T10. 
- Basically you sacrificy T10 (hairpin) to stay on the left side, so you can go flat on T11 (right hander before the jump). 
- Tha approaching T1 again is tricky on the loose with braking and turning, if you go to flat you miss the speed out of T2. If you to slow you need correction to not his the orange curb.

• Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Normal laps I can do 40, low 41 without cutting

Typo on my part: 42.0 is my average, 41.4 is my best thus far! (and I'm not cutting) 

Will check out the video before racing again to see where I can shave more time off. 

29 minutes ago, richie said:

Does the game not show the time penalty the moment it detects an infraction? If you cut really bad and trigger a reset zone you get reset on track with an instant message with the time penalty. 

Yeah, it does normally and I didn't notice one, that's why I wondered if I got it after the car ran straight on after the finish. 

• Like 1

don't care much for this track as it was pretty boring in real life, but ....

although it is a fantastic recreation of the (boring) real-life track, i'm soooo happy they finally gave us a proper livery for the '07 Focus.

image.jpeg.d0f0db2ba3598976e7bb7b6d4cf47033.jpeg

When you say the track is boring, are you referring to the rallycross track that appears in the game, or the main tilkedrome? The latter definitely is boring, but it doesn't the rallycross track is.

30 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

When you say the track is boring, are you referring to the rallycross track that appears in the game, or the main tilkedrome? The latter definitely is boring, but it doesn't the rallycross track is.

From a spectating standpoint I personally think the Yas Marina rallycross track is pretty boring but, exactly like Silverstone, it is much more fun to drive than it is to spectate. 

Can someone tell me whether or not Yas Marina gets added to the WorldRX mode like Latvia and Germany were?

My OCD is hoping it isn't

This is the #1 ghost in RX Supercars TT. Good job! What's the point, really?

c8e0b7cf-39f0-4220-97ea-be76409d8503.PNG

298488a4-c61a-4d73-b382-bf0d0dbee9b7.PNG

• Agree 1

We're still writing up the Patch Notes for 1.10, but it looks like track limit reset lines for Yas Marina are getting updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand there must be a bit of leniency, especially in RX as it is a contact sport and you can get pushed wide, getting a time penalty on top would be a bit unfair, so I don't blame Codies. I was referring more to the drivers. What's the point in taking #1 like that? I don't get it. 

Edited by richie

On 10/11/2019 at 4:33 PM, DaleRossi said:

Definitely. Wonder what kind of tune it is..a good tune or one of the BS max camber max toe deals.

It was using the default setup, I didn't change anything 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We're still writing up the Patch Notes for 1.10, but it looks like track limit reset lines for Yas Marina are getting updated.

Great news. @PJTierney will the lap time record be reseted for everyone to avoid this kind of bad cut ?

5 hours ago, EvansR5 said:

Very very good driving!  

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, PJTierney said:

Will the AI will be improved, noticed two spots where they are very slow. 
- At the first hairpin, they go very slow through that corner.
- Fast uphill left hander they really slow

image.png.e51811f305445a6dc43137ffaf3c863a.png

Also I noticed the AI gets some strange damage, missing rear bumpers and loosing trunk lid. It's very often at this track compared to the other RX tracks. 

6 hours ago, DaleRossi said:
12 hours ago, EvansR5 said:

Very very good driving!  

I also used standard set-up in my video with the MK8 Fiesta. Standard set-up are pretty good. Kinda plug & play 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, PJTierney said:

A leaderboard reset would be required. 

• Like 1

You can miss turns 6/7 and return to the track at the next part of the bus stop, but it won't count your lap.