Sign in to follow this  

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi – Available Now in DiRT Rally 2.0

New for 2019’s FIA World Rallycross Championship season, this highly technical and challenging Rallycross track sits within the first sector of the Yas Marina Circuit’s Grand Prix layout. The combination of viewing grandstands, wrapped around tight bends and an ultra-fast Joker section provides drivers with thrilling overtaking opportunities, which sets the scene in a gladiatorial, stadium-like atmosphere.

Read more:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

F1, then GAS and now DiRT? What'll be the next game to include Abu Dhabi? 😛

Not my favourite track on the calendar, but I am still looking forward to giving it a go!

Rallycross doesn't wait for a handbrake? I did weekly challenge and when I got to the race I got 15:00 min time because I was at start and was disqualified 😄

Just drove weekly, there was none of AI opponents.

First turn is pretty confusing when road continues straight without any block but you have to turn left.
Seems that sometimes when you cross finish line, game drive straight instead turning left.

I started the race but didn't have time so I came after few mins and race was over. Like normally in rally.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts but it's common in rallycross. I am not sure why.

Not having AI drivers in RX online events where the point is to set a time, not compete against AI drivers, is a great decision. In DR1 I always found it annoying that the AI drivers were there in RX dailies.

Drove the track for a while and seems like a really nice circuit. Technical and very unusual joker design, and is different other RX circuits. Like it a lot so far.

Protip: don't leave your joker to last lap. In final lap you can take the last corner flat out.

Protip #2: Careful with the orange corner-cutting-prevention-traps (I'm sure they have a real name too), they are quite effective :classic_biggrin:

20191008183929_1.thumb.jpg.a1d4fd54db9e01c353b9f9638ab1db32.jpg

Posted (edited)

the Dusk footage looks AWESOME

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DR2_Ford_Focus_3.jpg

woah, an 07 Focus livery! awesome.

35 minutes ago, MJV1973 said:

Just drove weekly, there was none of AI opponents.

First turn is pretty confusing when road continues straight without any block but you have to turn left.
Seems that sometimes when you cross finish line, game drive straight instead turning left.

first one is a bug for sure.

second one is on purpose. it's meant to be runoff area for when you finish the race. drivers are going super fast across that finish line and if there were obstacles there, they would probably hit them at the end of the race. 

check it: 

13 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Protip #2: Careful with the orange corner-cutting-prevention-traps (I'm sure they have a real name too), they are quite effective :classic_biggrin:

you're not alone! professional drivers made the exact same mistake, more than once:

Edited by ianism
  • Like 2

A challenging track. Need some practice to get it right. Saying that, the AI is pretty slow. My first race against the AI (100%), and I made a lot of mistakes, and still was 5 seconds ahead 😮

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

A challenging track. Need some practice to get it right. Saying that, the AI is pretty slow. My first race against the AI (100%), and I made a lot of mistakes, and still was 5 seconds ahead 😮

Yeah, I think the AI needs tweaking. 

Much like Silverstone, although I am not overly enamoured with it in real life, it is a challenge in game. 

Having now driven it in DR2.0, I can understand the issues with the finishing line and joker. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Anyone done a Bakkerud yet?

Not yet, but I have overshot the joker exit and missed the left-hand turn on several occasions, plus I have smashed the car after crossing the finish line by carrying so much speed on the last lap!

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

This is a thing I will try to do and then add Andrew Coley's commentaries 🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I think the AI needs tweaking. 

Much like Silverstone, although I am not overly enamoured with it in real life, it is a challenge in game. 

Having now driven it in DR2.0, I can understand the issues with the finishing line and joker. 

yeah, AI is lacking in a lot of the tracks unfortunately

I gotta say, I saw this one being a fun one to drive a long time ago.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

a lot of the WRX Championship drivers made that same mistake, thinking it was the finish and carrying so much speed through there that they completely missed turn one and two...

Does anybody have flickering plane? It's visible more and less with short pauses.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, PJTierney said:

No, but I did a kinda Bennett and Scheider.

Put the car on its side on the second turn. And the same as @tbtstt, putting the car against the wall after the finish. 

So far a challenging track, but I am missing a bit of a flow. Probably will still come. 

This track is really fun to drive. I mean, more fun to drive than to watch. I better understand drivers when they were saying that was a cool track bla bla bla.

Well done Codies.

Am I alone to have this light bug on the track when I choose the night weather ? 

EDIT = I have just seen your message in the bug thread @JorritVD 🧐

Edited by JamesMcAdam

final turn on yas you can cut the grass to get a better line in no penality also 3rd turn in right even slightly nipping in on right corner yields a disqualified time. the orange corner cutters even at slow speed can flip your car very easily.

• Like 1

IMO track limits are way too generous. Coming out of T2 you can exit as far to the left of the circuit "line" as you please without penalty. You can cut quite heavily by placing the car on the inside of T3 and the whole folowing long straight you can drive just next to the right barrier which is nowhere near the circuit line. It's debatable how much time is gained but I'd much rather have these portions as proper run off zones that will induce a penalty if you don't return to the actual circuit again ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yep, not only that. The difficult part in the chicane is the fine line between hitting the apex and not getting launched in the air by those orange kerbs. Yesterday I found out that you can skip the 'apex approach' by just cutting to left of the kerb in the first part and to the right in the second part of the chicane. Not sure how much time is gained but it's a ton at least. 

Edit: Same with the joker lap. 

Edited by richie

3 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

the orange corner cutters even at slow speed can flip your car very easily.

50 minutes ago, richie said:

Yep, not only that. The difficult part in the chicane is the fine line between hitting the apex and not getting launched in the air by those orange kerbs.

you know that this is pretty much like they were in real life, right? two different pro drivers had massive accidents because of those things back in April. hopefully they'll get replaced with something else next year, assuming the championship goes back there...

• Like 1