Can't assign Fanatec shifter

Just had this from Fanatec - @Marc1011

It will go live soon with the upcoming firmware version v674. I yet can’t tell you exactly which date it is going to be, but I will guarantee is going to be soon this month. 

On 4/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, CMTGK said:

Ok, what I really don't understand is that it was working at first, then it wasn't - so you had what you needed from fanatec for it to be working or it wouldn't have worked in the first place? I don't understand their input in this or what you are waiting for? You had what you needed to get it working originally in November? So this month as in April?

5 minutes ago, Marc1011 said:

Ok, what I really don't understand is that it was working at first, then it wasn't - so you had what you needed from fanatec for it to be working or it wouldn't have worked in the first place? I don't understand their input in this or what you are waiting for? You had what you needed to get it working originally in November? So this month as in April?

It's likely that an update Fanatec issued after the one where it was working, broke it - these things happen. The above is as much information as I have but I can only assume that by them saying 'this month' is indeed April. 

On 4/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, CMTGK said:

1 minute ago, CMTGK said:

It's likely that an update Fanatec issued after the one where it was working, broke it - these things happen. The above is as much information as I have but I can only assume that by them saying 'this month' is indeed April. 

that's fair enough - but in-between it working and not working overnight I did not change a thing! not their update or firmware or anything, the only thing that changed is your DLC. Also can I confirm you are talking about my original issue - which is NOT the same as the ost title here - I have no issues with "Assigning fanatec shifter" my issues are with feedback and any wheel feel whatsoever? You do have my original problem?? The other guy started a conversation on here and this was the only place I was getting a reply, which is why the chat continued on this thread. Can you confirm?

6 minutes ago, Marc1011 said:

that's fair enough - but in-between it working and not working overnight I did not change a thing! not their update or firmware or anything, the only thing that changed is your DLC. Also can I confirm you are talking about my original issue - which is NOT the same as the ost title here - I have no issues with "Assigning fanatec shifter" my issues are with feedback and any wheel feel whatsoever? You do have my original problem?? The other guy started a conversation on here and this was the only place I was getting a reply, which is why the chat continued on this thread. Can you confirm?

Yes, rest assured, we're talking about your problem (the lack of wheel feel issue), not the original topic problem (should have been in a different topic but not a problem). 

Just now, CMTGK said:

Yes, rest assured, we're talking about your problem (the lack of wheel feel issue), not the original topic problem (should have been in a different topic but not a problem). 

I don't really have a lot of confidence that they are going to get this sorted so where will that leave me if the game remains unplayable? Cross that when we get to it?? I hope I'm proved wrong... anyway take care and I hope you are well and thank you for keeping me updated. All the best!

On 4/24/2020 at 12:31 PM, CMTGK said:

Hi, any update on this? It's the end of the month tomorrow?

24 minutes ago, Marc1011 said:

Hi, any update on this? It's the end of the month tomorrow?

Nothing else yet! Still not the end of the month yet so if I hear nothing then, I'll chase once again. 

I've chased today @Marc1011 - today is a bank holiday in Germany though so I wouldn't expect a reply until Monday at the earliest.

Heard back from them today. There are a number of important fixes that are going into this update (not just your problem, which has been confirmed as fixed). Because of this, and current staff shortages, they are hoping to get the patch released for this month, if not very early June. That's all I have to share for now, I've said I'll get in touch again towards the end of the month should nothing have happened by then. 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:37 PM, CMTGK said:

Heard back from them today. There are a number of important fixes that are going into this update (not just your problem, which has been confirmed as fixed). Because of this, and current staff shortages, they are hoping to get the patch released for this month, if not very early June. That's all I have to share for now, I've said I'll get in touch again towards the end of the month should nothing have happened by then. 

I appreciate the Covid situation, but 7 months after I paid for the game I might be able to play it again, if not then what? Hopefully someone at CM appreciates I spent good money on something that has been useless to me since December 3rd?

It's out of my/Codemasters hands at the moment, there's nothing more we can do to resolve this until Fanatec put out the patch. I appreciate you have been waiting but that's the situation we're in right now. As I've said on numerous occasions, once I get an update I'll let you know.