GRID - Mode/Feature/Content Suggestions

-Make AI in multiplayer optional by having a vote option before every MP championship, its getting old way too fast getting slowed down by AI or just plain getting taken out

-Odometer for purchased vehicles

-In garage, divide the menu with "purchased" and "available to purchase"

-While hovering another player (where you can see their profile), add a stats popup, I mean, whats a MP without stats

• Agree 2

Please, race length in career. A 2 minute race is not a race, is a quick fight to get to the top. Please, please. Grid Autosport nailed it

• Agree 4

I would like to see settings in Multiplayer "enforced". This is obviously in private servers. What i mean is enforcing cockpit view or enforcing all assits off , that kind of thing,

• Agree 2

Difficulty slider and harder than very hard is now because its a bit too easy at the moment. Im not an Alien so i know there will be others that find it too easy even with all the assists off and no Qualy or Tuning.

• Agree 2

oh sorry forgot , why can we only have one class of car for all the rounds created ? you give us the option for different tracks , weather , for each round , but not cars ?

Posted (edited)

Feedback and reports from a PC perspective.

Multiplayer

• Ranked playlists
    • Increased damage effects
    • Impact ratings
    • Skill ratings
    • 3 - 5 events that are voted for by the players in the lobby (vote 1st event, vote 2nd event.. so on.)
    • 1 hot lap qualifying for each event
    • No AI
    • No flashbacks
    • Car tuning before each event/qualifying
  • Lobby browser
    • Rather than a 'private' custom game, you can create a 'public' custom game. People can join as they wish. Or password protect.
  • Party up with friends
  • Car tuning before each race (this should be in anyway)
  • Driver stats like previous games (wins, races, podium finishes, miles driven etc..)
  • Instant flashback needs a rework! Or just removed. It's too easy for griefers to reset and do it all over again.
  • Add an actual demolition derby.. and drifting.. (but this may be planned as future content).
  • Overall the multiplayer UI needs improving.
  • Text chat!

General

• Force Feedback on an Xbox One controller is way too weak. Very hard to tell when your car is stepping out. Even with all settings to max.
  • More advanced car customization (see GRID 2)
  • Driver stats (see above)
  • Visual quality;
    • The driver cards, accolades and banners are very hard to see on the start race intro. Everything is very blurry and out of focus. Needs improving.
    • Motion blur and DOF needs to be an option in the menu (to turn off)
    • See bugs for a large issue..

Community

• Update the https://www.reddit.com/r/gridgame/ subreddit - the Mod(s?) there no longer work for CM. Engage more with the community on other channels.
  • Post updates on these channels about known issues and common questions/feedback from the community. Just engage with us and let us know if you're working on anything or if you're actually reading!
  • Create an official Discord. In the meantime I've created a community one; 

Bugs

• Multiplayer
    • Players seemingly at random get to jump the start timer on the line
    • Host migration causes severe lag (for the host) even on a 70/30 fibre connection
    • Time attack events - when joining in progress, your car is on the starting grid. When it's your turn you get placed on the start line, stationary, with the complete inability to engage gears. It just revs on the spot like it would on the starting grid.
  • Technical
    • Large amount of issues with the game detecting monitors and monitor settings
      • Monitors are identified incorrectly. I have 3 monitors, one is a 1440p gsync 165hz monitor. The game incorrectly reports the other two monitors as 165hz 1440p, but the real monitor only reports 1080p. Thread here about this; 
      • As mentioned in the thread I can force the settings to be available by modifying the xml files, but this causes strange visual bugs.
      • May also be related - when capturing game footage using OBS or Streamlabs, it produces a really strange black flickering every second (on game capture, not for my view).
    • Mouse cursor is constantly on screen even when using a controller
    • Visual quality in general seems lacking - text is not clear, cars in menu seem washed out and blurry.. this may be related to the above

For my PC specs please see above linked post - DxDiag information is attached.

Edited by IconicJB
  • Agree 8

Posted (edited)

One big improvement from previous Grid games: 16 players online lobbies - this is great, but lets hope online wont be deserted in few weeks/months. 

From watching MP videos, there is few things that i wish you would improve:

- add custom lobbies

- only qiuck match option is bad choice, i wish we had option to join different public playing lists divided by car class like it is in GAS, or Even better like separate Tc, GT, muscle, touge, etc lists. 

- add text chat obviously

- add spectate in lobby

- option to remove AI

- remove enemy system from impacting Real online players (it should be single Player feature only)  - i could clearly see PPL online getting "enemy" tag after Little touch. in future full (i hope) lobbies this will only motivate some PPL to ram eachother. 

- whats up with the permament mirror no matter what camera view we use? - havent see it in options if we can enable it. If not please add it. You added it in GAS post release after community backslsh, lets not copy that error 🙂

- add lobby players list before start of the race. Also After the race, the score list of players should be a little smaller so all 16 positions would fit on one screen without the need to scroll it down to see last 3 positions. 

Edited by Flowa23
  • Agree 5

24 minutes ago, Flowa23 said:

One big improvement from previous Grid games: 16 players online lobbies - this is great, but lets hope online wont be deserted in few weeks/months. 

From watching MP videos, there is few things that i wish you would improve:

- add custom lobbies

- only qiuck match option is bad choice, i wish we had option to join different public playing lists divided by car class like it is in GAS, or Even better like separate Tc, GT, muscle, touge, etc lists. 

- add text chat obviously

- add spectate in lobby

- option to remove AI

- remove enemy system from impacting Real online players (it should be single Player feature only)  - i could clearly see PPL online getting "enemy" tag after Little touch. in future full (i hope) lobbies this will only motivate some PPL to ram eachother. 

- whats up with the permament mirror no matter what camera view we use? - havent see it in options if we can enable it. If not please add it. You added it in GAS post release after community backslsh, lets not copy that error 🙂

- add lobby players list before start of the race. Also After the race, the score list of players should be a little smaller so all 16 positions would fit on one screen without the need to scroll it down to see last 3 positions. 

Rear view mirror does exist, but it runs like **** on standard ps4. So choppy. 

Some minor stuff

- skirmish needs a map, when there is few PPL on, it takes time to find anybody ontrack

- the banner above cars - why not make players name bigger fonts So you could actually read them- it would be a nice option to see where everybody is placed on the grid, also add nation flag there at the expense of the smaller banner

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, IconicJB said:

Multiplayer

• Ranked playlists
    • Increased damage effects
    • Impact ratings
    • Skill ratings
    • 3 - 5 events that are voted for by the players in the lobby (vote 1st event, vote 2nd event.. so on.)
    • 1 hot lap qualifying for each event
    • No AI
    • No flashbacks
    • Car tuning before each event/qualifying
  • Lobby browser
    • Rather than a 'private' custom game, you can create a 'public' custom game. People can join as they wish. Or password protect.
  • Party up with friends
  • Car tuning before each race (this should be in anyway)
  • Driver stats like previous games (wins, races, podium finishes, miles driven etc..)
  • Instant flashback needs a rework! Or just removed. It's too easy for griefers to reset and do it all over again.
  • Add an actual demolition derby.. and drifting.. (but this may be planned as future content).
  • Overall the multiplayer UI needs improving.
  • Text chat!

THIS!

I would add the option that GRID2 game bring to create partys with friends and from there start looking for games, etc...

Its been said but NO AI! NO! PLEASE! It alterates the results of the multiplayer events! Its the worst thing on this multiplayer.

Been said too, but damage in previous GRID games was a factor to take in consideration and people were afraid before making a movement because of the consequences, here there isnt any consequences, damage is totally irrelevant.

I would add something else, the sun glare effects are sometimes excessive, dont know if there is a way to disable it, I wasnt able to find it, when I tried to reduce graphics to minimum, but sometimes its just impossible to see the track from cockpit cam and its very annoying to force the view all the time to see the track references, which is a disadvantage for people using that cam (All the people with wheel like me I guess). The difference betweeen the cockpit and the exterior cam is huge, givind a BIG advantage to people with pad playing with exterior cams.

20191009143052_2.jpg

20191009143043_1.jpg

Edited by SanGanchaoo
  • Agree 2

• Change sponsors, choose which ones I use on my cars (even if they don't have specific objectives to them, making the changes just visual)
  • Set the same livery pattern to all my cars at once

• Ability to change the finish of the colors (glossy, metallic, matte etc.)

• Change the color of the wheels

• Agree 3

I think the most important thing is to have a more feature-rich multiplayer compared to our current barebones situation. A lot of the feedback on this thread have already made some great suggestions. Please work on the multiplayer. 

I also hope that the future dlc will include much needed modes like Touge, Drift and Destruction Derby. I also wish the career would have been more like the original Racedriver:Grid but it's probably too late to change that. I really want this game to be great. 

• Agree 3

Multiplayer:

- Online Public Lobbies (lots of people requesting the same, should be easy for Codemasters to implement). Be able to drop into lobbies, i.e might be doing a 4 race tournament etc.

- Online ratings - this would help matchmaking and see how well you are doing in general (sense of progress online).

- Add in a Demolition Derby mode!!!

General:

- The force feedback on a G920 needs to be upped a bit more, it doesn't seem as though the wheel is fighting against me when I'm being crashed into, or going over bumps on the edges of corners.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 10/8/2019 at 2:08 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Alongside the usual tracking of your feedback regarding in-game content, I'm also keen to see what you'd like added to GRID! 

Whether it's modes, features, a new option in the menus, or a car/circuit, feel free to drop your suggestions into here, which I'll then collate and regularly run by the GRID team. 

Obviously no guarantees that the suggestions will turn into in-game additions, but stuff like this really helps us know where to focus our efforts for future GRID content. 

Thank you 🙂

There are a few things I would like to see:

• Lose the pivot movement of the cars. It doesn't come off as natural at all
  • Create a proper TV-style camera replay system
  • Add a photo mode
  • Bring back TOCA or bring TCR in its full glory
  • Bring back the games that were packed with content

The last one may come off strange but how about making a game you actually would buy yourselves! That couldn't get you to sleep because of excitement! Bring back Codies to its former glory!

I'll keep an eye on GRID and how it develops over the coming months. I am however not filled with a lot of confidence anymore.....makes me sad in a way because I used to pick up every Codies title right from the start.

Edited by P308R
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, P308R said:

Bring back Codies to its former glory!

Oh the glory of financial issues and layoffs!

Chief Game Designer Paul Coleman said "It is better than it has ever been" in early 2017 as Codemasters reported their first profits in half a decade. That guy has been around since 2003 apparently.

The more I play, the more obvious it becomes to me that the game needs a dedicated time trial mode, as every other racing game has. There are plenty time trial events organized in various places, and what we are doing now, is to go first to our profile (???) to see the best times of other people, then go to freeplay, set a time trial race, set to 1 car only, because it does not make sense with AI (not to mention it becomes a matter of luck if you will be able to take some of their slip stream), do the laps and wait at the end to see what place you are in the leaderboards. Then you want to improve, so you restart, but then you lose all the best sector times info, so you have no idea (without a ghost) if you are doing better than your personal best, until you finish the first lap (which first lap does not make much sense anyway, because you start with lower speed than what you have in the second lap). And the worst part of all, you can simply flashback every single corner, as many times as you want, until you get every single one perfectly right...

• Agree 3

Increase the number of random events with the AI (e.g. AI spinning out, crashing, tyre blowouts) or add a slider so we can increase how often they happen. The random events was one of my favourite features in GRID 1 and liked how often they happened but they seem toned down in 2019. 

• Agree 1

More detailed damage please...

This is one of the main reasons why I bought this game. I'm not talking about deformation (it's pretty obvious that you can't make cars more bend). I'm mean that cars are too tough, lights are unbreakable, mirrors, wings, wheels etc. can't be detached...

I don't like that. I hope for the future improvements

Since you have scotland flag as a insign banner and background, anyway to have Quebec flag too ? :classic_biggrin:

My suggestions/requests, as a casual gamer on PC:

1. Grid positions before the start of a race should be displayed (not just in the loading screen)

2. Add option to adjust chase camera height

3. Add option to adjust chase camera distance from car (some cars fill up the whole screen even in the secondary chase cam)

4. Quicker load times, especially for hot lap qualifying

5. Transition to hot lapping should be smoother (no need for the glitchy stationary car shot)

6. Photo-mode (why are we having this conversation in 2019?)

7. More off-track team content, including sponsorship management.

8. Hopefully an expansion of singleplayer "career"

I would like to have a statistics menu

I want to see how many races I've done, wins, losses,... and a tracker to see how many kilometers I have driven since this is important for the 'around the globe' trophy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The chase cam shouldn't be reacting when another car "collides" with it. It's jarring when it changes position for a split second, and distracting when I'm trying to corner with a car behind me.

- First of all, I seriously wish you can add a Performance mode for base consoles, like you added in Grid Autosport for Switch. So we can chose a 60 fps mode or 30 fps mode with more detailed graphics. Seriously,  my main complaint for this game is that this is the first game from Codemasters in years which runs at 30 fps (I have a base PS4) which in itself is a major disappointment. 

- Race length options for Career

- A "Event" mode, with daily/weekly events to complete for leaderboard and rewards.

- New Tracks: Spa, Red Bull Ring, Bathurst.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quickey said:

I would like to have a statistics menu

I want to see how many races I've done, wins, losses,... and a tracker to see how many kilometers I have driven since this is important for the 'around the globe' trophy

Everything stated here please. Especially on PS4.