Jump to content
DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

No ffb on thrustmaster wheels

Recommended Posts

No ffb at all on Grid when using a thrustmaster tx on Xbox one. Adjusting the sliders from 0 to 150 makes no difference.

No vibration no centering force no ffb at all.

Anyone else. Checked my wheel on other game so it's a grid issue. Been racing on a wheel for many years so I know it is not a set up issue. There is no ffb whatsoever coming through the wheel. Needs a fix asap

UPDATES 9 October

So after firing up fh4 to test my wheel then going back to grid my tx locked at 360° which although too twitchy owing to low dor - I suddenly found I had some feedback coming through the wheel. Anyway long story short I have done a firmware update on the tx and am now running at 900° and although still weak there is definitely more centering force and road feel. If that could be dialled up I think this will be a great game. Not sure if this helps anyone else just sharing my thoughts.

Edited by millertheman
Update
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 here.

SAT is present, so that qualifies as centering force. However, I will agree it is weak and lacking detail overall. Also agree that adjusting values to 150 has little if any effect. 

Shame...hope they fix soon as overall it is a very good game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played through about half of the touring campaign last night and am really surprised at the lack of FF effects on my Thrustmaster TX, considering how great out of the box the FFB is in the F1 games. I agree the only thing I can feel is the centering affect, and jacking the settings up to 150 did ever-so-slightly increase that, moving the other sliders had zero effect. There is no road-feel at all here. The steering is accurate in terms of reacting to wheel rotation/input, but that's about it. Additionally, the TH8a shifter is poorly implemented, about 80% of all shifts result in the game registering "N" (neutral) and I have to re-select the gear to get it to register. Have disconnected the shifter from the wheel and am using the paddle shifters. 

So like new games that are released in this day and age we got the "beta" version where not all functions are baked in. I get that FFB would be on the low priority for launch punch list and its disappointing, but it will no doubt be fixed in an upcoming release. At least the game isn't crashing and losing save files like F1 2018 did 😜

Edited by jeffreytz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jeffreytz said:

I played through about half of the touring campaign last night and am really surprised at the lack of FF effects on my Thrustmaster TX, considering how great out of the box the FFB is in the F1 games. I agree the only thing I can feel is the centering affect, and jacking the settings up to 150 did ever-so-slightly increase that, moving the other sliders had zero effect. There is no road-feel at all here. The steering is accurate in terms of reacting to wheel rotation/input, but that's about it. Additionally, the TH8a shifter is poorly implemented, about 80% of all shifts result in the game registering "N" (neutral) and I have to re-select the gear to get it to register. Have disconnected the shifter from the wheel and am using the paddle shifters. 

So like new games that are released in this day and age we got the "beta" version where not all functions are baked in. I get that FFB would be on the low priority for launch punch list and its disappointing, but it will no doubt be fixed in an upcoming release. At least the game isn't crashing and losing save files like F1 2018 did 😜

Thanks for the input👍

Without sounding daft have you changed the in game settings to accommodate the shifter? 

Also see my update above re firmware update- it seems to have improved things for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 8:00 PM, jeffreytz said:

I played through about half of the touring campaign last night and am really surprised at the lack of FF effects on my Thrustmaster TX, considering how great out of the box the FFB is in the F1 games. I agree the only thing I can feel is the centering affect, and jacking the settings up to 150 did ever-so-slightly increase that, moving the other sliders had zero effect. There is no road-feel at all here. The steering is accurate in terms of reacting to wheel rotation/input, but that's about it. Additionally, the TH8a shifter is poorly implemented, about 80% of all shifts result in the game registering "N" (neutral) and I have to re-select the gear to get it to register. Have disconnected the shifter from the wheel and am using the paddle shifters. 

So like new games that are released in this day and age we got the "beta" version where not all functions are baked in. I get that FFB would be on the low priority for launch punch list and its disappointing, but it will no doubt be fixed in an upcoming release. At least the game isn't crashing and losing save files like F1 2018 did 😜

I really hope they fix it. This game could be SO much more enjoyable on the wheel with a little FFB love from Codies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, millertheman said:

Thanks for the input👍

Without sounding daft have you changed the in game settings to accommodate the shifter? 

Also see my update above re firmware update- it seems to have improved things for me.

Hmm I did a full calibration on the wheel and it had settings in edit for the shifter gears, but I didn't think to actually do a run through in edit mode. I'll see if that makes a difference. Also I haven't installed the 2019 firmware update and I see its sole purpose was to fix an issue with Dirt Rally 2.0 (also a Codemasters game) so I'll give that a shot as well. 

Thanks!

Edited by jeffreytz
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, jeffreytz said:

Hmm I did a full calibration on the wheel and it had settings in edit for the shifter gears, but I didn't think to actually do a run through in edit mode. I'll see if that makes a difference. Also I haven't installed the 2019 firmware update and I see its sole purpose was to fix an issue with Dirt Rally 2.0 (also a Codemasters game) so I'll give that a shot as well. 

Thanks!

Just realized I never followed up on this - I upgraded my Thrustmaster TX to the latest firmware, force feedback is unchanged (meaning non-existent). I was hopeful when I saw the 1.1 patch come out but the release notes don't mention anything about FFB and I've read the comments on the other technical board posts and seems like nothing has changed. Still surprising to me given how perfect the FFB is in F1 2019. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×