Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

French grand prix suddenly hard as hell!!??

Racing at 90% difficulty. Second season in a fairly well modified mercedes. I win every race pretty much, qualifying can be tricky and there are battles in some races. But wow. The French GP. I spent hours trying qually setups from youtube and forums and could not get a better time than 1.31:548. I had to slip stream a car in Q3 and managed to qualify fourth. In practice I wasn't getting any faster than a 1.34:XXX with top youtube hotlap setups. Car engine brand new and other components in great shape. Now I'm racing and the top 3 are gone with the wind and I'm battling for 4th. Season 1 in a ferrari I crushed this track at 90%. I cant figure it out! My mercedes team mate is also dead last.

Edited by chevy1080

France has historically been a good one for the ai.  That’s usually my lowest of the season (101 so far this year on 2019,) and have only done 1 season so far so maybe that’s why I haven’t had as many issues yet.  I’m currently at Brazil and there was a pretty good stretch maybe from Singapore to USA (so far) that I really seem to be struggling more in quali than the beginning of the season.  I say this because maybe there’s an issue with the upgrades applying properly to the players car.  Maybe also it’s not all the upgrades just some of them.  My teammate is Kimi and he consistently makes q3 even though I get knocked out in q1 or q2 more often than not recently.  I use the quali sim program to set my ai difficulty so earlier on there’d be many races Kimi and I would be within a tenth or two of each other, now I’m lucky to get within .3-.5 seconds.  Just a theory, there may be other variables at play in my own situation though.  Anyone else have this feeling about upgrades not applying?

This track boasts too may confusing turn off points and is difficult to master without cornering lines. 

Edited by FOneFanatic

Somehow I managed to win the race.  The AI pulled a 7+ second lead in 10 laps but as the race went on I managed to win by 6 seconds.  Seems strange.  Redbull was the competition. 

i usually run at 90 too, but in france had lowered to 88 qual and 85 race. did a great battle with HAM and was really hard.

this year is a mess on diff settings, i used to run 2017 always at 98 and had only few "issue" sometimes....this year have quite to change to even battle with HAM that is worse than terminator in the film....

just to give you an idea, this is my 2' season values (in green already made)

image.png.fc312573f25c0c3b0020f3b6dd191ceb.png

after this, i discovered to have to lower or increase for 3' season:

image.png.27d184418eaab26e42f5bcbd516a753d.png