Disappointed at F1 2020's release date

OK, while we are all grateful for the early relsease date of this year's F1 game, I'm a bit dissapointed that the new Hanoi and Netherlands circuit races, new for 2020, will all have transpired by the time the game is released in June next year.  Would it be asking to much to have the game released before the Monaco race in 2020, as I know it would be asking too much to have the game released befor the Netherlands, Zandvoort race.  A pre-Monaco release date would be really nice! 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-pre-season-testing-dates-confirmed-for-2020.6GVWbMDowXoePyrfMGgSkf.html

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

do you think asking for a earlier release date is a good idea when the last game was a mess, totally bugged and so far way from reality that its hard to call it a official f1 game?

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

1 hour ago, KiLLu12258 said:

do you think asking for a earlier release date is a good idea when the last game was a mess, totally bugged and so far way from reality that its hard to call it a official f1 game?

Totally! I'd like to play the game before the Monaco GP if possible.  Also it's better to have the game driving with some bugs than to not have the game at all, IMO. Ideally I'd like to see them release the game on the start of the F1 season, notwithstanding the cons. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

It's nice to want things but the game is only going to suffer from such an early release date.

An F1 game that's trying to be somewhat accurate can only enter its final production phase AT THE EARLIEST in late March when the car models, liveries and drivers from the state of the Australian Grand Prix are known, and the development time will have been planned last year if not even earlier than that. You can't just cut off months from that.

Edited by RaceMyZaru
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

Agreed the more they push to try to get the games out earlier the worse they end up being so I'd asy let them take the time they need to get it right. I mean look at Fifa this year they tried a similar tactic this year with Fifa 20 by cramming loads of  new features in without any sort of proper testing and  that has been hurt this year as well because of it and EA have a lot more resources to throw at these games than CM. Rushing games out to meet fan demands is never a good thing and I think that's one of the things that need to be learnt from this year. Take your time and get it right then you will be rewarded properly.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

OK, while we are all grateful for the early relsease date of this year's F1 game, I'm a bit dissapointed that the new Hanoi and Netherlands circuit races, new for 2020, will all have transpired by the time the game is released in June next year.  Would it be asking to much to have the game released before the Monaco race in 2020, as I know it would be asking too much to have the game released befor the Netherlands, Zandvoort race.  A pre-Monaco release date would be really nice! 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-pre-season-testing-dates-confirmed-for-2020.6GVWbMDowXoePyrfMGgSkf.html

Agreed totally.  They've known for years when the season starts, it's not like this was suddenly sprung on them.

But they need ample time to write scripts for the Butlers and Webers. That is really the only improvements F1 2020 needs. (Sarcasm)

Every time we get close to a new F1 game, it seems that those people who want more features or something that could harm the development suddenly appear from the shadows. I'm not saying what you want is wrong because we can all suggest whatever we want.

I'd like to just say, that maybe it'd be better for just one year to tell Codemasters to make a decent base game, and after that add content 🙂 It could benefit us all, you know?

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I'd like to just say, that maybe it'd be better for just one year to tell Codemasters to make a decent base game, and after that add content 🙂 It could benefit us all, you know?

Codemasters should give themselves three years to create a new game core. Rethinking a new project. Of course, for financial reasons it is impossible because they will go bankrupt. So next year will be F1 2020, which will be the same as the previous 5 games in the series. It will not change, it will be the same every year :). And the developer’s silence on the forum will be the same.

• Agree 2

Rather than suggest the full game be released earlier I think it would be much more beneficial if alpha builds and beta builds were released earlier and with more scope then the 2019 beta had. All modes of the game need to be tested before release this time not just 1 or 2 modes. Early access might work although not in the "pre-order gets you the beta code" model like fallout 76 shamelessly exploited. Gamers won't get mad at Codies if betas have bugs thats the whole point of them! The testing should be started as early as whenever modes are completed and running, as much as 6 to 9 months before release if possible to give the devs plenty of time to fine tune the game for release instead of last minute panic changes which this year appeared in post release patches that seemed to have actually ruined the game for many players. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, eMc0B said:

Codemasters should give themselves three years to create a new game core. Rethinking a new project. Of course, for financial reasons it is impossible because they will go bankrupt. So next year will be F1 2020, which will be the same as the previous 5 games in the series. It will not change, it will be the same every year :). And the developer’s silence on the forum will be the same.

Three years would mean that the license would be expired and would most likely not be resigned with Codemasters as they weren't releasing F1 games yearly.

@UP100 - It probably would end this way. So we have to enjoy the same infinite product. Every year. Every year the same melody :classic_biggrin:.

I don't think it really matters; later during the season still plenty of bugs so why not earlier, the outcome will be the same.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

I don't think it really matters; later during the season still plenty of bugs so why not earlier, the outcome will be the same.

I don't kno wabout thast as I don't think the earlier games had too many I thought F1 2010-2012 were al pretty clean I think but then all of those were released September time around the same time as Fifa. So I think more time definitely helps lead towards a better product but you have to be patient and wait for it. They started moving towards releasing the games earlier in the season around I believe 2015 when they finally moved to the newer consoles and since then it's been effectively one problem after another. TBH the closest at least for me they've came to making a solid game is really F1 2017 although 18 isn't too bad as I think the interviews and rule changes were nice additions as are the driver changes they've given us this year. For me the reason why the driver system is a bit skewed I think is because of the games contract system because there are so many potential windows you can move in. The ideas are there but they've just  been poorly executed because I believe they've not really had the time to tweak them and get them right.

• Agree 1

F1 is a more unique game than others that are released annually. They need the first couple if not the first half of the season to see where the teams stand in terms of perfromance for career mode. They can't just release the game every beginning of a new season because then the performance would be all over the place or unrealistic. There are soooooooooo many things CM has yet to add to their F1 game series to improve it for everyone and it makes me very happy when I see so many people sharing & collecting their ideas on this forum because that shows that people care for the series even if others do not, however, releasing the game even earlier than now is counter-productive in all aspects. I would not mind them releasing every second game during summer and the others during fall/winter if it means that at least for every second year they have more time to develope and ensure good quality of the end product on release day.

8 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Rather than suggest the full game be released earlier I think it would be much more beneficial if alpha builds and beta builds were released earlier and with more scope then the 2019 beta had. All modes of the game need to be tested before release this time not just 1 or 2 modes. Early access might work although not in the "pre-order gets you the beta code" model like fallout 76 shamelessly exploited. Gamers won't get mad at Codies if betas have bugs thats the whole point of them! The testing should be started as early as whenever modes are completed and running, as much as 6 to 9 months before release if possible to give the devs plenty of time to fine tune the game for release instead of last minute panic changes which this year appeared in post release patches that seemed to have actually ruined the game for many players. 

Who is going to test online unless they make it compatible with the previous year's game?

It's difficult enough getting 300 randomers to stay in the same lobby for more than a nanosecond because FOMO (or "Sorry, you're not a winner")....I guess.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I don't kno wabout thast as I don't think the earlier games had too many I thought F1 2010-2012 were al pretty clean I think but then all of those were released September time around the same time as Fifa. So I think more time definitely helps lead towards a better product but you have to be patient and wait for it. They started moving towards releasing the games earlier in the season around I believe 2015 when they finally moved to the newer consoles and since then it's been effectively one problem after another. TBH the closest at least for me they've came to making a solid game is really F1 2017 although 18 isn't too bad as I think the interviews and rule changes were nice additions as are the driver changes they've given us this year. For me the reason why the driver system is a bit skewed I think is because of the games contract system because there are so many potential windows you can move in. The ideas are there but they've just  been poorly executed because I believe they've not really had the time to tweak them and get them right.

I’ve played them all and the first 3 games had more than their share of bugs. Way less features and later release didn’t stop that!

22 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Totally! I'd like to play the game before the Monaco GP if possible.  Also it's better to have the game driving with some bugs than to not have the game at all, IMO. Ideally I'd like to see them release the game on the start of the F1 season, notwithstanding the cons. 

You're nuts. If anything, it needs to be later, much later. We had to play with 2018 performances for over a month. I'd rather them release it around the time it used to be released(end of August) with some basics actually working, and the performances being correct.

Also, then they can release it immediately with F2 2020 season instead of having to patch it in.

• Haha 1

Plus at least pre-season testing will be relevant. It'll be just as cold at Zandvoort in May.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Who is going to test online unless they make it compatible with the previous year's game?

It's difficult enough getting 300 randomers to stay in the same lobby for more than a nanosecond because FOMO (or "Sorry, you're not a winner")....I guess.

Well online can wait until the rest of the game is rock solid. Easier to test cars solo than with other variables thrown into the mix. Once single player is working well then and only then take the car and a track and open it up to a large player base for testing. A one car one track demo would be fine for testing race and penalty mechanics. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I’ve played them all and the first 3 games had more than their share of bugs. Way less features and later release didn’t stop that!

Perhaps but I think the games as a whole I think ran a lot smoother at least in my experience they did.