Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

[GRID 2019] Multiplayer Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FlashStealth said:

'abandon hope all ye who enter here' or everythings fine ?

:classic_biggrin:

I guess you see that there are no custom lobbies not even playlist just random mtchmaking and private lobbies only for friends? For specator and text not even a word..

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I guess you see that there are no custom lobbies not even playlist just random mtchmaking and private lobbies only for friends? For specator and text not even a word..

i read about it on steam… just trying to understand better… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my opinion, everything that's wrong with multiplayer;

 

  • No lobby browser/ability to create a public lobby
  • No driver stats (previous games had this; average finishing position, miles driven, podiums etc)
  • No impact rating (previous games had this; hello griefers)
  • Instant Y to reset (hello griefers)
  • Everyones using the same car (previous games at least had customization. now we all use the same car and they look the same because livery editor is trash).
  • No ranked playlists
  • Quickplay lobbies are never close to half full, yet alone full
  • Quickplay has AI
  • Bugs like people jumping the start countdown - a good 3 second head start
  • Bugs like people starting at back of the grid crossing the line counts as 2 laps complete.. so lapping everyone before the first corner
  • UI is non existent. Viewing players in the lobby takes 5 button presses. And you can only do that when IN a race.
  • The "skirmish" "feature" they raved about is the most lifeless, soulless feature in the game. Featuring demo derby cars in a demo derby track with car damage disabled.
  • No text chat
  • Voice chat seems broken - never hear a soul
  • The ONLY thing they've added to promote "progression" is accolades, banners and icons. Those are only shown at the start race intro.. and are so blurry, small and hard to see that you literally cannot tell the players name or what accolades they have.

There's more but I got bored. You get the jist.

  • Agree 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IconicJB you hit the nail on the head. This game doesn't stand a chance of having any life if the multiplayer is this poor. It really is quite shocking given Codies' track record...

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IconicJB said:

From my opinion, everything that's wrong with multiplayer;

 

  • No lobby browser/ability to create a public lobby
  • No driver stats (previous games had this; average finishing position, miles driven, podiums etc)
  • No impact rating (previous games had this; hello griefers)
  • Instant Y to reset (hello griefers)
  • Everyones using the same car (previous games at least had customization. now we all use the same car and they look the same because livery editor is trash).
  • No ranked playlists
  • Quickplay lobbies are never close to half full, yet alone full
  • Quickplay has AI
  • Bugs like people jumping the start countdown - a good 3 second head start
  • Bugs like people starting at back of the grid crossing the line counts as 2 laps complete.. so lapping everyone before the first corner
  • UI is non existent. Viewing players in the lobby takes 5 button presses. And you can only do that when IN a race.
  • The "skirmish" "feature" they raved about is the most lifeless, soulless feature in the game. Featuring demo derby cars in a demo derby track with car damage disabled.
  • No text chat
  • Voice chat seems broken - never hear a soul
  • The ONLY thing they've added to promote "progression" is accolades, banners and icons. Those are only shown at the start race intro.. and are so blurry, small and hard to see that you literally cannot tell the players name or what accolades they have.

There's more but I got bored. You get the jist.

Im having a lot of fun so far online it has been fun with friends but i would be bored of online already if i was playing alone.

This is just the start of what needs to be added or fixed with multiplayer some graphics and reflections are abit off its making it feel like an empty unfinished game. It is not enough to keep the player base longer then a few weeks.. i loved the first grid grinding to legend rank was incredible

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@IconicJB pretty much said it all. I played a few rounds online, Skirmish feels slow and empty (like it is set in some kind of post-apocalyptic world lol), and I had no fun with the AI racers constantly crashing me out of the race. I want to play against humans online, not bots, even if the lobby may be half empty.

Edited by imbbs
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All previous cm games (grid,  dirt,  formula series)  have custom lobbies new grid why not?  Just turn private lobbies to public  one and add lobbies list screen,  do we ask for something extremely hard? 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need news on first patch that will address public/custom lobbies ASAP!!! All the other problems with the Multiplayer can be drip fed with the weeks...That follow. 

 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Furbo81 said:

Need news on first patch that will address public/custom lobbies ASAP!!! All the other problems with the Multiplayer can be drip fed with the weeks...That follow. 

 

i doubt first patch will fix features… look a tech issues sections… is enough if they will fix just a part of many erros… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair your right it's not going to be first patch, I would be happy, just to know it's going to happen in the coming months. I really like the game, but for me.... Once I complete single player it's finished without this being amended. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Furbo81 said:

to be fair your right it's not going to be first patch, I would be happy, just to know it's going to happen in the coming months. I really like the game, but for me.... Once I complete single player it's finished without this being amended. 

The problem is that it should be in the first patch. If people have no reason to come back to the game for decent multiplayer content and progression, there'll be nobody playing it by the time they actually sort it out...

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, mojoe_x said:

From my opinion, everything that's wrong with multiplayer;

 

  • No lobby browser/ability to create a public lobby
  • No driver stats (previous games had this; average finishing position, miles driven, podiums etc)
  • No impact rating (previous games had this; hello griefers)
  • Instant Y to reset (hello griefers)
  • Everyones using the same car (previous games at least had customization. now we all use the same car and they look the same because livery editor is trash).
  • No ranked playlists
  • Quickplay lobbies are never close to half full, yet alone full
  • Quickplay has AI
  • Bugs like people jumping the start countdown - a good 3 second head start
  • Bugs like people starting at back of the grid crossing the line counts as 2 laps complete.. so lapping everyone before the first corner
  • UI is non existent. Viewing players in the lobby takes 5 button presses. And you can only do that when IN a race.
  • The "skirmish" "feature" they raved about is the most lifeless, soulless feature in the game. Featuring demo derby cars in a demo derby track with car damage disabled.
  • No text chat
  • Voice chat seems broken - never hear a soul
  • The ONLY thing they've added to promote "progression" is accolades, banners and icons. Those are only shown at the start race intro.. and are so blurry, small and hard to see that you literally cannot tell the players name or what accolades they have.

There's more but I got bored. You get the jist.

So true.

If they just change quick race for start like remove those flashbacks, remove AI, full damage on. I will be happy for some time. Then they could add everything else. I missed old Grid(2008) that multiplayer was perfect for me. Game for now is in bad condition, and many players could abandon this game and never go back, shame on you Codemasters. And where are tracks from previous games? I missing Toca Race Driver days, those games have got big amount of circuits. I hope you will repair your game soon. (Fingers crossed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×