Gamepad controls settings and assists

Hi,

I'm using xbox one gamepad to play the game.
Do you guys have any suggestions, how to set up steering sensitivity and linearity to have the best exerience?

Also what are the best driving assists settings, to have the game challenging (i'm playing highest AI difficulty), but have a good experience driving? On lower tier cars i have to constantly fight with car's stability and balancng brakes and throttle is not that easy with simple gamepad triggers.

• Steering sensitivity - 50 % (same as default)
  • Steering linearity - 0 (default is 4). At 0, steering matches input and it feels more responsive.
  • Steering deadzone - 10% (default is 20%)

I'm not yet sure about the traction control and stability assists. I tried a few different values, but right now I prefer to have them completely off and only play with ABS at 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I started to ramp up ABS and see how it goes... I don't have deadzone setting on my xbox one gamepad, wonder why. i am talking GRID 2019 of course. ;)

1 hour ago, haefen said:

Yeah, I started to ramp up ABS and see how it goes... I don't have deadzone setting on my xbox one gamepad, wonder why. i am talking GRID 2019 of course. 😉

The deadzone is set per keybinding (have to set for turn left and right individually). At first I though why have a different deadzone for left/right, but it turns out some controllers are not centered perfectly after a lot of use and then you can fine tune it to your liking.

Edit: Increased the Steering sensitivity a little bit (50% --> 66%) and this further helped with catching slides due to oversteer.

Edited by RipHawk
Added note about Steering sensitivity
  • Like 1

I found out, that if you play on PC with xbox controller you can further tune your gamepad in Steam, i.e. set response curves for triggers.

Helps a lot with braking and acceleration (especially with RWD cars).

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, RipHawk said:
  • Steering linearity - 0 (default is 4). At 0, steering matches input and it feels more responsive.

I'm not yet sure about the traction control and stability assists. I tried a few different values, but right now I prefer to have them completely off and only play with ABS at 3.

Can I just say that these settings have been a game-changer for me. Was enjoying the game before but was something about the handling that was really putting me off, I already had similar settings with the deadzone, sensitivity and linearity ...but turning off all the assists and leaving the ABS on 3 made a night and day difference for me. Definitely improved the handling and feels 100x better for me now. Many thanks. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:35 AM, haefen said:

I found out, that if you play on PC with xbox controller you can further tune your gamepad in Steam, i.e. set response curves for triggers.

Helps a lot with braking and acceleration (especially with RWD cars).

is  this using a 360 or a XB1 controller ?

i have 3 360 wired controllers & all of them have disconnect issues because of the wire.

My xb1 controllers cost too much to mess around with these days, main problem is them using the damn micro usb connector that becomes faulty way too quickly over time.

it's like you just can't win when buying a controller that lasts you a long time.

Have 2 brand new wheels never used but i think i will Now force myself to get used to wheel racing.

Sadly i don't wanna carry my wheels around to friends houses, too much effort.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:14 AM, RipHawk said:

I'm using Dualshock 4's under DS4Windows to emulate xBox 360 controllers.

This steering setup helped a bunch!

I found setting ABS @ 3 with traction and stability @ 4 works best for me.