BUG: 5 second lap time

Yeah this could be that the game skipped a lap, as there is also another bug report about the game not detecting a lap.

It would be lovely if others could confirm this as well 🙂

Agree, there is definitely a bug related to track times (during and final)

My time for a lap was under a second (00:00:63)

Codemasters,  Is there any plan to remove these crazy times.  Most of the leaderboards seem to have some un reachable times.  I've seen less than one 10th of a second on some, and others have 50ish seconds for a lap thats around 1 min 10s.   They haven't been done with drafting, there is just some lag issue thats causing this. 

Please dont just wipe all the leaderboards,  but please do remove the bogus times.  

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:54 PM, ThatsJustFlukey said:

Codemasters,  Is there any plan to remove these crazy times.  Most of the leaderboards seem to have some un reachable times.  I've seen less than one 10th of a second on some, and others have 50ish seconds for a lap thats around 1 min 10s.   They haven't been done with drafting, there is just some lag issue thats causing this. 

Please dont just wipe all the leaderboards,  but please do remove the bogus times.  

- Unachievable lap times on leaderboards is something I fed back to the team and is now being investigated 

- In terms of a leaderboards solution, obviously just removing the one time would be ideal, but it's not always that simple. Once I have more information on that one I'll pass it over 🙂

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, Maxim721 said:

Happened to me yesterday.

Could you let me know if you used Flashback/s when recording this lap time please? If you can remember 🙂 

@GridShinobi Same question to you, if that's okay? I'm looking to see if this is related to the Flashback system 

@ChrisGrovesMCM Hi, yes I think it was using the flashback , but I know for sure there is a glitch within the flashback system that does something to the lap times at certain points when you use the flashback, specifically when your split time is better for a section. I have recorded some of these strange time adjustments on the xbox capture recently. 👍

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, mojoe_x said:

image.thumb.png.b173fb84fcab09da89638bf4cb109d62.png

This happened on a stream of someone.

VOD is here, timestamped: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/491587637?t=04h19m43s

Recorded a 5 second lap.

Looks like it may have been caused by being last place on the starting grid - after completing the first lap it skipped another lap.

Just spoken with the team, couple of things to cover here: 

- I'm working on nailing down a cause of times like the above being recorded, such as use of Flashback or certain sectors not triggering correctly

- For global leaderboards, we have a system in place that aims to remove times that are unattainable/unrealistic, which we've seen working successfully

More news when I have it 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Could you let me know if you used Flashback/s when recording this lap time please? If you can remember 🙂 

@GridShinobi Same question to you, if that's okay? I'm looking to see if this is related to the Flashback system 

I have had a time related issue online but this time not a lap time.

The player in question was slower than me lap time wise by 10 seconds yet when I finished with a time of 3:54 overall he finished with a 10 second time.... 

Brands hatch GP TC-2

Sydney motorsport park TC-2 

There strange times to look at not by a flash back error 

Codemasters, i have a solution for the Leaderbord :

1st, removing all unachievable laptimes from the leaderbord if possible otherwise refresh and 2nd,  only  record laptimes on the leaderbord in Time Attack  >> without << any flashback available, or otherwise also in a race but without the use of drafting and not using any flashback !

(Maybe u can implement a penalty system for leaderbord times if you draft and also if using flashback that a lap does not count).. 

Btw i said only in Time Attack because otherwise people gonna go draft eachother to get the fastest laptime. Because if you draft all the way behind a friend in any race and use flashback at key moments u can cheat your laptime, this is also a way how it happens i think with help of a friend boosting you to a fastest laptime and using flashback if you mess up then continue drafting etc etc..