Look back view

Hello,

I have a problem with the look back view. When i am in the view behind the car i c'ant look back. In cockpitview the look back button works.

Playing on a PS4 and thrustmaster t150 wheel.

Thanks for a respons.

I have the same issue, using a dual shock controller. 

Even the Nintendo Switch version of Grid has a look back option whilst in behind the car view. 

Hey all,

To investigate this further we'll need some more information. Please use the guidelines for this channel to give us some handy info: 

From personal experience I use chase cam and can still look behind, so we need to figure out what's causing the difference here. Also, it might be worth double checking your controls layout, to see if and where the look back option is mapped to on your controller or wheel. 🙂

17 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

To investigate this further we'll need some more information. Please use the guidelines for this channel to give us some handy info: 

From personal experience I use chase cam and can still look behind, so we need to figure out what's causing the difference here. Also, it might be worth double checking your controls layout, to see if and where the look back option is mapped to on your controller or wheel. 🙂

Hey,

- the problem is that i cant look back when i am in the chasing view (just behind the car). this is binded to the L2 button. the button works when in cockpit view.

- PS4 and playing with a thrustmaster t150 

- singel player, career mode.

• Agree 1

•          Unable to look behind via chase cam. Whilst in other views the look behind works. Mapped to L1, R1, L2, R2, X, O. None of these buttons display the look behind.
  •          PS4 PRO.
  •          Single Player or (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc).
  •          Tested with Dual Shock and Thrustmaster T500 Wheel.
Edited by fishfash

Hey all - might have some handy information for you here, from the GRID team: 

In chase cam (near or far) you should be able to bind a button to the "look down" option (2 items below the “look back” function in the 'Edit Device' menu). This should operate as a looking back option in any chase view. If you're using a T150, the L3 button (to the right of the base) is not preset to anything, so you can choose that or set up something else to your preference 🙂 

If you give the above a go and have feedback, feel free to @ me in so I don't miss it! 

Hi,

Thanks, however that's a workaround,

I mapped L1 to "look down", it resolved the chase view issue, but if I flip over to the bonnet view I can't look back with L1.

Will there be a patch to fix this issue?

On 10/21/2019 at 9:05 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - might have some handy information for you here, from the GRID team: 

In chase cam (near or far) you should be able to bind a button to the "look down" option (2 items below the “look back” function in the 'Edit Device' menu). This should operate as a looking back option in any chase view. If you're using a T150, the L3 button (to the right of the base) is not preset to anything, so you can choose that or set up something else to your preference 🙂 

If you give the above a go and have feedback, feel free to @ me in so I don't miss it! 

Will there be a patch to fix this issue rather than a workaround? I also use the bonnet view and the "look down" option does not act as a "look back" in the bonnet view.

Therefore I will need to sacrifice an additional controller button. 

Thanks.

I can look back in chase cam mode by pulling down on the right stick. Moving the right stick works for looking left and right too.

Edit - Never mind just saw you're using a wheel. Yea the R3 (right stick click) looks back when in cockpit view but does not look back when in chase cam mode.

Edited by erod550