Sign in to follow this  

Around the Globe trophy

I'm playing the game on PS4 and this trophy is a very big grind

Around the globe: drive a total distance equal to the circumference of the earth

That's 40000 km. Is there a way to get an ingame tracker for this so we can follow our progression to this. Finishing career doesn't even get you close to that.

• Agree 3

Or 100 races of 99 laps around indy oval. With the fastest car it should only take 4-5 days if doing it all day 🙂

• Agree 1

Xbox players, the console's Achievement Tracker will give you a progress bar.

PS4 doesn't have that option but I believe Steam might (it does for other Achievements in general).

It's not an in-game tracker but it's something 🙂 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Xbox players, the console's Achievement Tracker will give you a progress bar.

PS4 doesn't have that option but I believe Steam might (it does for other Achievements in general).

It's not an in-game tracker but it's something 🙂 

So for us playstation players, there's no option to follow our progress. we just race and hope to unlock at some point

Can't this be added, like together with a full statistics menu

• Agree 1

oh boy, what a trophy..

Codemasters are you serious? I know this should be a long term trophy, but 40.000km??? 

and for PS4 players no progress indicator or something. I hope it will be added with a further update...

• Agree 3

@PJTierney, this is a good example of why your games like DR2.0 and Grid needs proper gaming statistics! It is very off putting to play a game when you are literally in pitch dark not knowing your progress. It is like 40 days in Sahara.

To me it seems just lazy not to have anything in this department, then again I’m not a game developer. But having trackers of how I do, where I’m driving, for how long etc. is actually playing a crucial role for keeping up the interest of a game. Just look at the popularity of smart watches... 😎

Edited by Kjell007
  • Agree 3

@PJTierney @ChrisGrovesMCM

It would be also helpful if we could drive more than only 99 laps - at least in time trial. If you could add an option where we can drive infinite laps there would be great!

Does anyone know codemasters have said anything about this or are the lazy scum ignoring us. The person who came up with this achievement should be sacked

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Goggs25 said:

Does anyone know codemasters have said anything about this or are the lazy scum ignoring us. The person who came up with this achievement should be sacked

It will take a while, but it is more simple than you think. Just put fast laps and race several races. and you will eventually get it.

This is a soul-crushing trophy, if you care. Do you know how it feels to be expecting this trophy to pop, but instead, it's a PSN friend log on notice, to upper left of our screens where the trophy notification would be.

This is about as unfair as anything i've ever encountered in all my years of gaming.

What i would like to know is how did this get approved, and is this trophy a middle finger to trophy/achievement hunters? I really believe that is why this was put in, to say 'nya ha ha ha, trophy freaks, you'll be playing until December 2020 to get this!'

I think that is another reason for this, to get us to keep playing your game. I love this game, but come on.

As of this writing, 57 players on Playstation have it. I'm sure even more that aren't registered to a trophy site have it, so it's achievable. I think i'm close, but how would i know? No tracker is INEXCUSABLE. Then of course, there is not one odometer to be found. At least games i played that had mileage achievements (Gran Turismo 6, The Crew (the original one) had odometers in their cars.

Can someone explain to me why mileage isn't even in the accolades section? This is an example of how misguided and downright stupid this trophy is. 

I want to keep this clean, but i really want you guys to know that i think you are really f-ed up and sadistic to do this to us. It's like you figured no one would Platinum your game (Playstation). 

I thought finishing Career and Season 1 would get us very close, but no. Let's do countless 99 lap races around Indianapolis. Really brilliant, guys. Then if we fall asleep doing 

countless oval laps, we get disqualified, losing all progress. 

Can you also explain why there is a 'reset progress' option? Why would someone want to reset all their progress? What if someone hits that button by mistake. I see that it

cannot be reversed if you do.

I hope whoever thought of this got their jollies putting in something this stupid. Then of course, you haven't released season 2, which of course isn't free.

Now, i fully realize and understand many people do not care about trophies. Some people don't get the appeal at all. Some even think we're a bit crazy, but that's not the case.

It is fun to unlock trophies in games, be it sports, adventure, or racing or others. Especially very hard ones.

Another thing that really stinks is i went back to GT6 to get the last 3 Super License tests. My overall mileage for everything i did in that is about 8, 350 miles total!  I was in complete disbelief when i saw that. You guys are asking for 24K + miles. Wowwwww.

It's a damn shame, a travesty, really.

Sorry for the long post. Maybe when i finish this post the damn trophy will have popped.

Edited by TheGoaler
Spelling
  • Agree 1

I love Grid, and Dirt, like every racing games from Codemasters but come on... 40000km is too much. I strongly agree. 

• Agree 1

Doesnt matter if you have a tracker or not Ive given up on it. As someone said you need hundreds of races around indie at 99laps even with the fastest car its still boring and dull. As if I want to spend 4-5 days endlessly driving like a zombie to fetch this trophy. Hard pass Im skipping it. Just going to enjoy the AI races in career do some laps and to be honest in a week Im done with this game moving on to something else Im just really over it already. Didnt wow me like OG Grid on ps3 days. Not feeling the tracks much, livery work is ok but would love more colors for the proper liveraries and not custom options only. To do 40, 000km in my real life car will take me ages even and I love driving but sheesh not to flaw it to fetch the figure so I dont understand why add it to a game as if we will play it for a year straight

I can understand the frustration at not having any info on distance raced so far. But complaning it's too far is just stupid, you really don't need to be so obsessed about gaining trophies.

Think of it from the point of view of someone who just loves the game, then suddenly one day up pops the trophy. That'll be quite a wow moment for them a nice fun little bonus. Wouldn't be quite so exciting if up popped a trophy to say you've driven a quarter of the way around the globe.

My only complaint is DiRT Rally doesn't have the trophy, I've done 32000 Miles, that's almost one and quarter times around the globe, and I had to do that on tight twisting rally stages, not a flat out oval.

Omg I just did a 30 lap race at the Indy oval with the fastest car. Beaten all 170 career events. Checked my stats and Ive only done just barely over 5000Km lol. Hard pass this game is packed away now to collect dust.

Also found it annoying as free play gives bad amounts of credit and xp compared to career mode and I hate being locked behind forced cars to use and honestly some car classes I just hate and feel its a waste of car slots and shouldnt be in this game. I liked grid1 as most of career I could grind out cars that I liked and the classes were solid. In this game so many career events forced to use cars I dreaded it was dull and boring to me