Jump to content Jump to content

Best VR game i never played

Pulser

As the title says, what a bunch of :classic_rolleyes: Codies, not releasing VR for a title like this where driving is a no brainer in VR. The graphics are decent, the close racing would be intense in VR and you go down the old pancake road again. It's not even as demanding making VR for driving games as other genres. You just threw away a LARGE player base. The game itself is a bit same old same old, and no real get up and go about it. Even on really hard difficulty the AI are a joke. Now i play a few sims, and i get that this is more an arcade, which is fine for some people, so i hope they enjoy it, but racing ? really ? power slides and drafting to a victory with ease is not compelling to play much. The drama of Touring Cars is there, but lacks the grandeur of TOCA. Fernando Alonso was involved you say ? He must have had a lot of Sangria down his throat at the time.

I know fanbois and amateur racers may enjoy this, and i did enjoy TCs for a while (oh look, UK, RAIN 100% of the time (almost)

Only thing really to say about this poor excuse for a 2019 driving game is 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 hours ago, Pulser said:

As the title says, what a bunch of :classic_rolleyes: Codies, not releasing VR for a title like this where driving is a no brainer in VR. The graphics are decent, the close racing would be intense in VR and you go down the old pancake road again. It's not even as demanding making VR for driving games as other genres. You just threw away a LARGE player base. The game itself is a bit same old same old, and no real get up and go about it. Even on really hard difficulty the AI are a joke. Now i play a few sims, and i get that this is more an arcade, which is fine for some people, so i hope they enjoy it, but racing ? really ? power slides and drafting to a victory with ease is not compelling to play much. The drama of Touring Cars is there, but lacks the grandeur of TOCA. Fernando Alonso was involved you say ? He must have had a lot of Sangria down his throat at the time.

I know fanbois and amateur racers may enjoy this, and i did enjoy TCs for a while (oh look, UK, RAIN 100% of the time (almost)

Only thing really to say about this poor excuse for a 2019 driving game is 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Wake up on the wrong side of bed did you? Chill out man...this game is not trying to be anything of which you slamming it for not being. Ok fine on the VR front, but how many of the people playing this game are equipped with high end PC’s and VR hardware? Likely a fraction of the user-base to be certain. If you crave a more true to life experience, and serious driving affair then move along to another title where the focus is reality-based, and not geared towards pick up and play fun/approachability.

6 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Ok fine on the VR front, but how many of the people playing this game are equipped with high end PC’s and VR hardware? Likely a fraction of the user-base to be certain. If you crave a more true to life experience, and serious driving affair then move along to another title where the focus is reality-based, and not geared towards pick up and play fun/approachability.

🙄
Probably more than the Dirt 2.0 audience that own high-end PCs and VR hardware, and yet that series has consistently been invested in VR. Grid, which according to you is "geared towards fun" (whatever that means), has most likely a higher target user base, thus more chances to have people with high-end PCs and VR hardware is higher, plus it might bring the game to people who might now have looked at it otherwise.

BTW, the same goes for F1 titles as well. It's dumbfounding why there is no VR support in those too.

16 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

🙄
Probably more than the Dirt 2.0 audience that own high-end PCs and VR hardware, and yet that series has consistently been invested in VR. Grid, which according to you is "geared towards fun" (whatever that means), has most likely a higher target user base, thus more chances to have people with high-end PCs and VR hardware is higher, plus it might bring the game to people who might now have looked at it otherwise.

BTW, the same goes for F1 titles as well. It's dumbfounding why there is no VR support in those too.

It took DR2.0 6 months to get VR. Maybe the plan for Grid is to release a few months down the line. There is no questioning the VR compliment to driving games, the point I was making is that perhaps Codies felt this game catered to more casual motorsport fans and decided to design without. 

DR2.0 is much more niche and tends to attract more of the hardcore variety of gamers. It is certainly not a game anyone would buy on a whim...and so sales will never be what most road racing or circuit-based games will attract. The user base is very specific and very discerning...on the other hand, I would venture a guess that Grid tends to attract a much wider audience, the bulk of whom are likely console users and playing on a controller.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:09 AM, kellemann said:

I know that i will buy it the day it gets VR. Maybe one day codemaster will realise that VR and racing-games are a perfect match.

Unfortunately, VR and the Ego engine aren't, for titles with a full field of race cars. That's why they've only ever really done VR for their rally titles. (Apart from the experimental Oculus support for Grid Autosport, on the last-gen Ego engine.)

Archived