Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headlights Problem During Night Races

Hey fellow racers!

So one of the bugs I encountered while going through the races in the career was an issue with headlights on pretty much all cars I've driven so far. During night races, my car has its headlights automatically turned off at the beginning of the race while all AI cars have their headlights on. This happened pretty much in every night race. And during day time races, my car has its headlights on while the AI has them off.

Using the button for the headlights doesn't work properly as it only makes the lights flash for a brief moment, that's it. I don't know whether this function is supposed to be like that or whether we should be able to toggle the headlights on or off.

Thanks for reading, I hope this gets addressed soon.

I'm playing on PC with Windows 10 using the DX12 version of the game. I recently noticed that this problem occurs when I skip the intro sequence (camera going through all drivers) at the beginning of the race. If I let it finish until the very last car, the lights stay on, if I skip it, sometimes the headlights would turn off themselves automatically. And if I press the button for the headlights on my controller, the lights are just flashing but don't stay turned on. What happens in your game when you press the button for the headlights? Do they stay on if they were turned off?

8 hours ago, matt1314 said:

What happens in your game when you press the button for the headlights? Do they stay on if they were turned off?

I just tried in free play:

NIght race: Headlights turn off briefly
Day race: Headlights turn on/flash briefly

I skip the intro things all the time as well, but so far I didn't see this issue (also playing on PC, WIn10 1809, DX12)

I am having a similar issue on Xbox One X. There have been several races where it seems pretty dark in several areas and when I turned on the lights they turn back off almost instantly. I almost always skip the intro so it is probably the same issue.

2 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I am having a similar issue on Xbox One X. There have been several races where it seems pretty dark in several areas and when I turned on the lights they turn back off almost instantly. I almost always skip the intro so it is probably the same issue.

Exact same thing for me (Xbox One X)… Headlight switch is broken.  Puts a damper on the game, since you can't see anything at night.