Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Grid 2019 Multiplayer Quick Match on Xbox not working?

Hi,

I was one of the silly gamers who bought the VIP version of Grid 2019 on the Xbox One.
From launch the Multiplayer Quick Match has not been working correctly it appears.

At first I thought, it could be not many gamers bought the VIP on the Xbox One.
But it now launch day for all version and it the same, can only get to play in the morning and at night (UK time)

At others times I get one of 2 messages

Quick Match Cancelled
Matchmaking was cancelled by the player

- I never cancelled the matchmaking, controller is on the desk and tried 2 different Xbox controllers.

You  have been disconnected from the Xbox Livce Services.
Please make sure you are signed into Xbox Live and your network is okay.

- I am connected and talking with friends on the Xbox Live service.

Edited by GazCBG
  • Agree 2

This issue is still happening, for me and several friends. No Internet or console issue, MP on different games is fine. Yet all day on Xbox we have not been able to get on Quick race multiplayer. Says the same as your seeing. 

• Agree 3

Absolutely ridiculous. Paid £70 for this game and can't even get online! No happy about not being able to choose what class you want to drive in either. Having the same issues as above.

• Agree 2

yep, still unable to get online. the game just wont find any lobbies, the lobbies should be just like the original grid so players can select the type of racing they want to do.

Edited by ScottKellym8
  • Agree 1

This is why games shouldn't release on a Friday. Especially at Codemasters where there is a complete lack of Support process.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, mojoe_x said:

This is why games shouldn't release on a Friday. Especially at Codemasters where there is a complete lack of Support process.

For the life of me I just can’t fathom how this game passed final QC & test.

Multiplayer is abhorrent. Dreadful. Horrendous...and/or whatever other adjective you want to throw at it.

FFB for Thrustmaster products is completely muted, selectively responsive and lacking any kind of feel/detail whatsoever. 

All said there are some aspects I enjoy, and the base code has the skeleton to provide an amazing experience. I hope they address the issues quickly, after the debacles with DR2.0 and the patches still rolling in for that game 10 months post release - it is plainly evident that overall fan base support is waning.

CM - I and many others have supported you for decades, but truthfully - it’s high time to get the act squared away, before the supporters turn the other cheek. Gamers are loyal to a fault, but some faults are to big to overlook. Let’s hope the remedies are swift, because there is no way you will get 10 months of patience from the Grid crowd, the issues are far too prevalent.

• Agree 2

Hello - the issue of struggling to find multiplayer lobbies on Xbox has been logged and I'll be submitting it to the team for investigation. 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Hello
Moi aussi, impossible de trouver une partie multijoueur...
Et en plus, vous nous force a courir dans une catégorie qu'on aura pas choisi et alors la vous avez fort ! Quel est l'interet !?

Bref, merci de resoudre le problème hier !

😡😡

Salut ,

Ici non plus sur xbox , ça ne marche que 1 fois sur 100 ,

et comme je viens de cloturer le solo , j'aimerai poursuivre en multi .

Donc ça commence à me les péter ...

"Merci Coco" de remettre aussi le mode hardcore en ligne , la pastille de couleur rouge pour indiquer les drivers de la 6 Thé , yo ! yo ! yo !, qui se la jouent complètement tarrés ,

une interface de dégats digne de ce nom , et que les propulsions propulsent plus qu'elles n'envoient dans le mur ...

Touchez pas à la musique , j'écoute la mienne sur mesure ,

et ne touchez pas l'interface de base qui est simple et rapide (elle met pas 3 ans à charger comme l'interface de la X )

Je veux jouer avec et contre des humains , en mode "random" , aves l'IA ou pas , je m'en fout j'suis pas difficile .

Voilà voilà voilà , merci merci merci .

On 10/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - the issue of struggling to find multiplayer lobbies on Xbox has been logged and I'll be submitting it to the team for investigation. 👍

Any update, as tried last night with a friend on the Xbox One and he got in, but I couldn't.
Also couldn't get into a private match.
We both use the same ISP in the UK, but differnet locations and have also rebooted the internet and Xbox One.

Edited by GazCBG

Same for me.

I thought it was because of my laggy and unstable connection but I guess not.

I have the exact same error when joining a quick match. When it does find something, there are only 2 or 3 players and the race is ridiculously boring.