Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally - AI drivers too good?

BadD0g said:
Goggs25 said:
I agree

Making a game too hard will put off a lot of gamers and that will only hurt codemasters. I think it should be as easy as WRC games
I think this is going to offend a lot of people.
I'm offended that people are offended.

Goggs25 said:
I agree

Making a game too hard will put off a lot of gamers and that will only hurt codemasters. I think it should be as easy as WRC games
LMAO.

Do you also want trimming your balls to be as easy as eating a tube of Pringles? Because it never will be that easy... never. 

Ever trim yer balls WHILE eating a tube of Pringles?  lol

KevM said:
Ever trim yer balls WHILE eating a tube of Pringles?  lol
You can't ask me these things. I now feel as though I need to do it. 

Multitasking - Its the way forward!  :)

(Never switch hands mid-exercise though - its not good)

ai too good first run in renault a110 on sweetlamb 1min 10 in front of masters :D

My main problem isn't necessarily the times they set. After playing a while on Manual with only ABS and Stability on 1 on Open, my main problem is the consistancy of the AI. The Top 3 AI almost always come in the same position. I'm not saying they should make random finishes, but at least make sure the first place AI doesn't come in first every time. Makes it really discouraging when I'm consistently placing 4th-5th in stages and can't get promoted because the guys ahead of me never drop below 3rd. Do they never make mistakes or something? On Open difficulty?

75% professional drivers on this forum....how about asking if they can make the a update to make the game more difficult for you guys...this game should have difficulty levels!!!...now let's see how many thumbs down from all of you pro drivers

My main problem isn't necessarily the times they set. After playing a while on Manual with only ABS and Stability on 1 on Open, my main problem is the consistancy of the AI. The Top 3 AI almost always come in the same position. I'm not saying they should make random finishes, but at least make sure the first place AI doesn't come in first every time. Makes it really discouraging when I'm consistently placing 4th-5th in stages and can't get promoted because the guys ahead of me never drop below 3rd. Do they never make mistakes or something? On Open difficulty?

They do make mistakes. But strangely enough, for me this was more often the case in the higher difficulty Levels. For example, winning my last masters championship was really easy, because the best opponents had problems on more than one event.

Drive drive and drive , Learn to tune your gears. If your playing on a track with alot of corners - lower gears= quicker speed,  higher gears =top speed but slower acceleration depending on the track change the gears makes a huge difference Helped me alot against the ai right now. plus learn your vehicle this game takes hours and i mean hours to get good. I honestly think difficulty is perfect. You cant mess up and win You have to be top notch to win. 

I also wanna touch up on "not selling copies because its to hard" darksouls would argue that. You wanna talk about a unforgiving kick your teeth game try darksouls see how fast you will quit, and it sells just enough copies to stay alive and continue its path.

I won all my events on 1600 rally cross including the masters championship I did notice my car was seriously lagging behind the ai to start off as it wasn't upgraded but once fully  upgraded and on equal machinery it was easier to take the wins.

I have also won't the world rally cross championship without any upgrades and thus championship didn't seek that difficult.

Have now tried hill climb and came second twice driving the car inch perfect om every corner and also came 4th om first open rally and 2nd on the 2nd event.....I'm guessing once car becomes competitive it will become more satisfying and easier for the wins.

Game should have made it clearer to people when you buy cars they are seriously  down on  power and overweight 

With no assists on and semi auto gear shifting this game is a real challenge.

I have probably managed one perfect stage, the difficulty is fine the way it is, just need practice and learn to cut when you can cut

raducu said:
75% professional drivers on this forum....how about asking if they can make the a update to make the game more difficult for you guys...this game should have difficulty levels!!!...now let's see how many thumbs down from all of you pro drivers
they do have difficulty. Open is the easy difficulty, slow ai times why master is faster ai times. 

Just started doing some rallycross and it's very annoying.

regardless of how well you start they always start better and whenever there's a collision you end up worse off.

I can manage some 3rds and the odd 2nd after loads and loads of restarts.

the rally part of the game is superb but the AI needs tweaking, not too much but slightly.

People need to be patient and just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. This isn't a game for the timid. It's more rewarding when you finally DO get good enough and start getting those tough wins. Keep at it and try new things!

THETHEORY said:
People need to be patient and just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. This isn't a game for the timid. It's more rewarding when you finally DO get good enough and start getting those tough wins. Keep at it and try new things!
That's fine, but the fact is it's still set too hard, especially early on, make it more gradual and at least allow human cars to win a collision, the AI just destroy you in a collision most of the time.

Also, is there a trick to starting? Because as far as I can see it's impossible to beat the AI off the start line, well it is on my game with standard cars.

It wouldn't be a true racing sim if  you came in first every time. I appreciate the challenge (and subconsciously hate it) of having to put together an entire stage to truly be successful here.  I will say though, if you pay attention to the leader boards, I dont like how it is the same guy winning every time unless he crashes out.

All they have to do to make this game aloe better is to allow the player to adjust the difficulty level

ryanr4mb0 said:
All they have to do to make this game aloe better is to allow the player to adjust the difficulty level
Play custom championships and set your own difficulty. 

They went full retardation on the AI times. You can't pretend making open times borderline hardcore and expert harder than impossible. Too bad as this is probably best rally game I've ever played since cmr2 and WRC2003 from evolution studios (best rally game ever)

Please consider the implementation of less stupid AI times on a patch, so we can at least see green split times from time to time... we can't be using delta community times all day

Please consider the implementation of less stupid AI times on a patch, so we can at least see green split times from time to time... we can't be using delta community times all day
I don't understand... you want to gain success through less effort? Maybe this isn't the game for you. 
I guess you don't like Dark Souls either? 

Made an account just to respond a bit, to what I see, is a final product that Colin McRae and Nicky Grist would be proud of.  After Colin's death, as well as the death of his little son,(I am Still feeling pain for this family's loss, as well as a selfish one of my own, R.I.P. guys) Codemasters absolutely fucked the series up.  Throwing in Ken Block and turning our Epic Rally Sim into a cheap arcade game, stopped me from buying anything after Colin and Nicky were no longer a functioning part.  With that said, 

The game needs an easier mode, not by much, but enough to keep a hold of the "New to the series of (REAL) Rally".  Also as a personal note, needs an adjustment, so that we can get the jump on the AI at race Launch with out a fricken Genie in a bottle of a damn Leprechaun in your pocket. SERIOUSLY Devs, get a patch down with a few adjustments and settings, we really need this to have another sequel, containing this kind of Real, Gritty rally racing. If we push away our No0Bs its not going to be good for the franchise.

My other gripe would have to be with the co-driver's call outs.  There are too many, Nicky said exactly what you needed, no more no less. I would pay an extra $10 to have Nicky sitting as my co-driver.  Plus I have found several places where the calls at high speed are just wrong or to late, but if you adjust the timing, then "ALL" of the calls are to far out.  But its a very visceral human type of deal, so having them done well at all is an achievement.

Lastly............  WAY TO FUCKING GO GUYS, this is back to being a PROPER RALLY SIM AGAIN

From Oregon
Arkael Dren

I don't understand... you want to gain success through less effort? Maybe this isn't the game for you. 
I guess you don't like Dark Souls either? 
Some stupid comparison, as they are very different kind of games regardless the level of difficulty, but ok. Dark Souls ain't that hard, and can be perfectly beaten. Dirt Rally AI times are borderline stupid. Absolutely artificial AI doesn't help the sense of self achievement.

And please don't begin with the "perhaps this isn't your game"  so typical to the hardcore wannabe. I may have been playing racing games way before you appeared scheduled as an idea in your parents life priorities list. So please give me the benefit of the doubt on this subject.