Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Engine overheating

I’m in career mode with Alfa Romeo. And my engine keeps overheating to 130, 140 celsius whenever I use rich fuel mode. I keep my revs down, but the engine doesn’t cool off. Any tips on that??

2 hours ago, faldon3005 said:

I’m in career mode with Alfa Romeo. And my engine keeps overheating to 130, 140 celsius whenever I use rich fuel mode. I keep my revs down, but the engine doesn’t cool off. Any tips on that??

Rich should only be ran in short stints (qualifying aside).

If you do get it too hot and too often, you will lose a lot of power towards the end of the race. 

8 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

From how many degrees does the engine lose power?

You will see it get hot when you cycle through the MFD, which you should do from time to time. 

Do some laps in practice and watch it to get a feel for how much you can run Rich. It also depends if you are running 100% races or 5 laps. 5 lap races you can basically run it the whole time.lol  25%, maybe 3/4 of a lap at a time. You really  dont want to use it in technical sections and generally only when overtaking if needed or on crucial spots and long straights from time to time.

Ok, but how many degrees does the power loss start from? You only see that the engine turns yellow / red ....

3 hours ago, LILLHELM said:

Ok, but how many degrees does the power loss start from? You only see that the engine turns yellow / red ....

I have no clue. Like the tire monitors, they're pretty much wordless. Once it goes light green, it is losing power. If it is yellow, it is way down. 

Using a  richer fuel mix gets you a better bang for the buck and is meant to use up extra fuel to lever you back to standard for the duraction of the race. If you don't over do it on laps, you can end up with more fuel to burn and Jeff recomments it, especially if you're trailing. Higher revs normally equate to higher temps, so I don't see why overheating comes into play when utilizing richer fuel mixes.  Perhaps it's a bug. 

Edited by FOneFanatic