Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer Bugs galore - unplayable as it is (Xbox One)

Don't think I have ever seen so many bugs in a game during the first hour of play. The biggest issue isn't a bug, just a massive oversight by the looks of it, quite simply why can you not create 'open' lobbies????? 

Then when you do play in a friends-only lobby we have the following issues:

Players were joining the lobby that wasn't even playing the game and was not on any of our friends' list (sounds like an open lobby but of course isn't). One was playing Forza 7 and the other 2 were offline. Yet their cars started each race but just sat on the track.

The lobby was set to no AI and yet there were AI cars in every race.

At the end of each race when you got close to the finish line on the final lap several AI cars would drive really slow blocking the road as if they had finished the race but were nowhere near the line.

At the start of each race, some of us didn't get the 3-second countdown until all other drivers had started moving causing collisions at the start.

The hot lap leaderboards were all other the place with the top time usually around 3 seconds. The rest of the leaderboard had people finish 1st on track but halfway down the timing screen.

The leaderboard times were often in black so couldn't be read. Other times they were just blank.

When doing a hot lap you could start after the countdown, be driving down the straight and be given a warning for going off track and invalidating your time when you never went near the edge of the track, let alone going off it.

The game would often crash after a hot lap, showing some people the leaderboard and others just their car driving around with no way to continue.

Quite often after a race, the leaderboard would not display for some, just had the view of their car until the next race.

During a race, the current positions at the top of the screen were often incorrect, showing almost everybody in the wrong position.

I'm sure there was more but don't remember off the top of my head.

Shame really, after being a huge Grid fan for many years was looking forward to this, but as it stands it's a bit of a joke.

On the plus side, the game looks good and the cars handle well, somewhat limited on tracks but hopefully, more will be added. Just never been let down so badly by multiplayer, let's hope it gets fixed, and soon.

• Agree 3

I hosted a few private lobbies and had similar issues.  What a mess.  Quickmatch is currently doing nothing as well.  I'm also a long time GRID / DiRT fan.  Sad.

Agreed what a mess, this shouldn’t be happening these days and especially with their experience in online games.  I already have a few friends that won’t buy it because of bad reviews so there goes my online friends only lobby’s.

So glad I didn’t purchase the ultimate digital edition, at least I can trade the disc version in soon if there’s no fix.

very disappointed. 

Tried MP for the first time tonight.

Yeah - not sure what else to say other than I am at a loss with the state it’s in. I have defended the likes of this game since I first played it on the 8th. 

Still enjoying it in single player, but my recent online affair was a bit disheartening. Not sure why CM keeps releasing games that feel way short of complete. What is the issue here...inadequate testing? Rushed delivery? (was already set back by a month maybe they need another one).

Feel like with DR2.0 and Grid, those who bought early are in essence their beta testers...😐

• Agree 3

What I don't get is it took probably less than 15 minutes of playing to see several of these issues. So what testing went into this? It's hard to believe they haven't noticed most of these issues so can only assume they left it at that and probably just thought a patch will sort it out later. If that's anywhere near true it's very worrying as Codemasters think it's acceptable.

This is the first game in many years I actually felt I wanted a refund after an hour of play (bought digital as always so my fault there). I don't play any game in single-player mode but just didn't believe they could make such a mess of the multiplayer. Not having open public lobbies was enough for me to want a refund, the bugs just add to it.....

• Agree 2

I'm playing on a base PS4 & I have to admit, multiplayer is pretty poor as it stands. It needs a serious rethink as the public quickmatch isn't that fun at all. Hardly anyone is playing already. The AI are erratic & usually ruin your race. The Skirmish before a race is a letdown, no damage? What's the point?. Also without a proper pre race lobby screen the game just feels so...weird. Also players constantly jumping the start, & player cards are pointless as you can't read anything on them. Choosing a car is a mess as the game will regularly not select the car I want (select GRID Editon Evo, then I'm in a Civic?) & then when I went back into the menu to select again the game crashed. 

As it stands I am pretty disappointed. Playing this game just makes me wish I was playing Autosport or the original GRID again. This game has potential, but I didn't preorder the Ultimate Edition for 'potential'. I want a good GRID game. 

• Agree 3

I came across such a strange bug the other night. The championship was for the classic touring car class - I didn't own a car so I rented the Ford RS200. Won the first race, and then in the 2nd race I started in an Alfa Romeo? Won that race too, and the third, before noticing that my RS200 was driven by someone else for the remainder of the championship and kept my 25 points for the race win in Race 1. I finished the championship (after winning every race) with 58 points!

6 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Tried MP for the first time tonight.

Yeah - not sure what else to say other than I am at a loss with the state it’s in. I have defended the likes of this game since I first played it on the 8th. 

Still enjoying it in single player, but my recent online affair was a bit disheartening. Not sure why CM keeps releasing games that feel way short of complete. What is the issue here...inadequate testing? Rushed delivery? (was already set back by a month maybe they need another one).

Feel like with DR2.0 and Grid, those who bought early are in essence their beta testers...😐

Over the years i seen multiplayer of the grid series become unplayable. I think this is intentional.

There is a big problem when you nail a multiplayer game (grid1), this make very hard to moove customers to new upcoming episodes. So they put inside new games an uncomfortable and unplayable multiplaer (just to say there is one). So after few week online is already deserted. 

I'll Always remember what happen to the community of GRID1 racers, game was alive and full of people, a game with full features multiplayer (ranked and not ranked online, custom lobby, text chat, spectator mode from lobby, national flags, kick vote, no regional settings to force for lobby discovery, and many other). That game multiplayer was CLOSED in 2011 due to 3d party owner of online servers expire contract, without a warn from CM, a word on forums or blogs, and without any apology after. Just closed and people f0c5ed. Funny… very funny. 

My opinion is, STOP preorder games !! STOP pay for beta and uncomplete games. And most important, don't buy game if there is something missing that previous episode already had, this set standards drop to the ground.

Edited by FlashStealth
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

I'll Always remember what happen to the community of GRID1 racers, game was alive and full of people, a game with full features multiplayer (ranked and not ranked online, custom lobby, text chat, spectator mode from lobby, national flags, kick vote, no regional settings to force for lobby discovery, and many other). That game multiplayer was CLOSED in 2011 due to 3d party owner of online servers expire contract, without a warn from CM, a word on forums or blogs, and without any apology after. Just closed and people f0c5ed. Funny… very funny.

ditto , the good ol times 🙂

at last the game was still playable on xbox 360 ... but was missing all the friends

• Agree 2

On 10/12/2019 at 4:10 AM, Cyclone99 said:

What I don't get is it took probably less than 15 minutes of playing to see several of these issues. So what testing went into this? It's hard to believe they haven't noticed most of these issues so can only assume they left it at that and probably just thought a patch will sort it out later. If that's anywhere near true it's very worrying as Codemasters think it's acceptable.

This is the first game in many years I actually felt I wanted a refund after an hour of play (bought digital as always so my fault there). I don't play any game in single-player mode but just didn't believe they could make such a mess of the multiplayer. Not having open public lobbies was enough for me to want a refund, the bugs just add to it.....

Totally agree! I only play online and the servers are dead, empty! What a change from Grid 2 where the servers were always full of people. I totally regret buying this game as well. I didn’t even bother to look for reviews cause “hey is a CM game” what can go wrong? Well, this new version can go very wrong. 
Even buying with discount proves to be expensive. 

• Agree 1